What to do in an year after my dropping out

Rahul++

SuperUser
Skilled
I will be completing my BE in Computer Science by May 2012. Well, I had plans to pursue MS in USA in Fall 2012 but due to some reasons I have decided to drop one year and apply for the same in Fall 2013. As I will be passing out in May, I will be free for next whole year. Rather than killing time in home, I would love to do something interesting in this year. Suggest me some short term courses for Programming and stuff, that will help my curriculum. I am moving to Pune or Mumbai after my BE. So you can suggest me courses in Pune and Mumbai..

Regards,

Rahul

Yep try going for a light job amd doing these courses during weekends.. Helps a lot

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk

@y2karthik - I will be preparing for GRE but I don't think I will need to give whole year (full day) for preparing for GRE.
<

Thanks for a suggestion. I would love to do a light job (that will help me to get some money as well
<
)

Best bet is getting a job related to your field becoz that will count as a +1 when you apply for MS

Even i have done my BE in computer Engg. also given GRE and recently gave GATE in feb

I have like 2months in hand b4 my MTECH admissions starts so yea,i'm working currently...kills time + u earn
<

Get a Job(in-field) and it will help ur appln. for MS

I would suggest you to do job which is only relevant to your MS study. Otherwise it won't be helpful at all.

Best would be do some internships at reputed institutes like IIT or good companies like Microsoft etc. That will boost your profile like anything
<

I would suggest you take rest. We deserve it. After this till you die(Sorry for being rude) you cant pass a single month without doing anything. If you can afford doing nothing is not at all bad. Being said that dont make yourself lazy. Roam around.

I would suggest you take rest. We deserve it. After this till you die(Sorry for being rude) you cant pass a single month without doing anything. If you can afford doing nothing is not at all bad. Being said that dont make yourself lazy. Roam around.

This is what I'm doing. Passed out in 2011 now thinking to extend it for another year i.e till 2013
<

Lol, I know myself. If I take a rest, I will never think of higher studies. I will be kinda lazy by then. Anyways, I will try to get an admission in C-DAC courses (Diploma in Advanced Computing or Diploma in Wireless and Mobile). If I don't crack apti, I will think about other stuff or better some GRE and other (Programming) courses.

Lol, I know myself. If I take a rest, I will never think of higher studies. I will be kinda lazy by then. Anyways, I will try to get an admission in C-DAC courses (Diploma in Advanced Computing or Diploma in Wireless and Mobile). If I don't crack apti, I will think about other stuff or better some GRE and other (Programming) courses.

cdac seems a better option

im trying for the same

is it worth it...

these statistics look very tempting...if they hold true...since its a govt inst...im trusting it

placement.jpg

http://acts.cdac.in/Placement/Placement.aspx

And guys has anyone completed the cdac training or given its apti...

how difficult are they...

heard that they are on par with iit-jee(atleast competion wise if not the difficulty of the apti)

any idea about the cet dates for august 12 batch...

the site is not yet updated

I read somewhere that CDAC test will be tough, but not sure how much tough it will be.

My earlier was to give GRE & try for MS. Now it all changed, I am will be staying in home & try for next GATE - 2013.

#rahul++ - why a diploma course after BTech ? Even I am in same boat & also feel that if I take rest, then I'd never make it
<
I will be joining GATE coaching classes after BTech, probably at ACE Academy Hyd.

@avi- good choice mate I will also be trying for gate next year. By then my bond with infosys will expire :) . btw got 41 marks this year.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

^Nice
<
41 is a good score.. What ranking you got ? & percentile ?

btw who all thinking to write GATE 2013 ? We should start a separate thread

Back