Whats this new policy of airtel ? 750 rs for modem replace ? Disconnection Requested.

coolraghav

Skilled
My modem conked off due to some reasons (i still think it was engineer fault, because i got wires re-located to different room and when he tried putting modem, it wasnt working, whereas it was before) which I don't ever understand as it does dies after 1 year or so since year 2004 (beetle 220bx).

When i called up airtel they said me two things and both are contradicting and I have asked for disconnection due to displeasure/discourtesy of service provided.

A. As I'm very old customer (since 2004) they are not providing modems anymore, I need to go to market and buy 1 myself.

B. That I have to pay Rs.750 for a new modem which will have 1 year warranty and then if it goes off ...I have pay that much amount again. (rs. 750 rs for just a modem, are you serious?) But then the customer executive even rejected that offer later saying the A. point again.

Engineer told me that this new policy started 22nd of July and many customers are being affected, I dont know if this is cost cutting or what. But they've just lost a customer who was paying them Rs.2500/- per month easily.

Please suggest me which ISP should I go for...I'm from Delhi.

p.s. hate to say, but definitely a baniya co.

Re: Whats this new policy of airtel ? 750 rs for modem replace ? Disconnection Reques

yeah even i got two contradicting replies from CCE regarding out of warranty modems.

They told me the same as they had told you.

I have mailed the nodal officer, waiting for his reply on the matter.

Also which modem should one buy to use with Airtel Broadband from the market?

Re: Whats this new policy of airtel ? 750 rs for modem replace ? Disconnection Reques

coolraghav said:
My modem conked off due to some reasons (i still think it was engineer fault, because i got wires re-located to different room and when he tried putting modem, it wasnt working, whereas it was before) which I don't ever understand as it does dies after 1 year or so since year 2004 (beetle 220bx).

When i called up airtel they said me two things and both are contradicting and I have asked for disconnection due to displeasure/discourtesy of service provided.

A. As I'm very old customer (since 2004) they are not providing modems anymore, I need to go to market and buy 1 myself.

B. That I have to pay Rs.750 for a new modem which will have 1 year warranty and then if it goes off ...I have pay that much amount again. (rs. 750 rs for just a modem, are you serious?) But then the customer executive even rejected that offer later saying the A. point again.

Engineer told me that this new policy started 22nd of July and many customers are being affected, I dont know if this is cost cutting or what. But they've just lost a customer who was paying them Rs.2500/- per month easily.

Please suggest me which ISP should I go for...I'm from Delhi.

p.s. hate to say, but definitely a baniya co.

WTF, you just wrote what exactly I was about to post. My bb was not working from last 2-3 days and now they say that the problem is with the router. I also asked for the cancellation request today which will be processed within 7 days. I dunno why they take so much time for the cancellation. I think Airtel is doing worst with the services now, and they just lost a customer who was paying them 2k+.

I am also looking for a new connection, I am from Delhi too. Please suggest some options ?

I did checked the reliance plans, but the feedback posted in forums is not good. Some say that reliance in good in metro cities and some say reliance is worst. Please help.

This new policy is quite daft, cause these modems conk off pretty often, I myself have had about 3-4 modems replaced in about 8-9 years, but if they start charging for the replacement they will lose customers exponentially.

I have the connection, I wonder which other ISP will give good pings for online gaming specifically tf2, I guess reliance, bsnl are the only viable options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTNL would be a best option if you are living in Delhi/Mumbai.
1 mbps plan -->999
2 mbps plan -->1599

and both are Unlimited without any kind of FUP...

What about Reliance ? Seen comments that reliance is good in metro cities but I doubt their cc too.

What about Reliance ? Seen comments that reliance is good in metro cities but I doubt their cc too.

I can just say companies improve and do good in future for customers but Failtel is touching its lowest everyday looks like one day they will become begger

neerajvohra said:
WTF, you just wrote what exactly I was about to post. My bb was not working from last 2-3 days and now they say that the problem is with the router. I also asked for the cancellation request today which will be processed within 7 days. I dunno why they take so much time for the cancellation. I think Airtel is doing worst with the services now, and they just lost a customer who was paying them 2k+.

I am also looking for a new connection, I am from Delhi too. Please suggest some options ?

I did checked the reliance plans, but the feedback posted in forums is not good. Some say that reliance in good in metro cities and some say reliance is worst. Please help.

Same here mate...

My wifi modem disconnects often and just a couple of days back came to know the fault in not with line but with the router. If i turn off and on the modem, it starts working and before doing this i cant even get into the builtin page. So i placed a request to replace the modem and the CC agreed and gave the complaint no. also. Then they never turned up and when i called again they say that the modem carries only 1 yr warranty and she also says that after disconnection i will not be surrendering my modem anyway and so it became mine. WTF. They also said that the 1yr warranty term is mentioned in the receipt which they gave when i paid for it.. But i cannot find anything as such...

Now i understand that Airtel stopped replacing the modem . But i came to know about this 750 matter now only. Airtel no doubt they are rogues..

Now please recommend me a good adsl router (with telnet support) guys as i would like to use it with my linksys wag120n

anfjavid said:
Same here mate...

My wifi modem disconnects often and just a couple of days back came to know the fault in not with line but with the router. If i turn off and on the modem, it starts working and before doing this i cant even get into the builtin page. So i placed a request to replace the modem and the CC agreed and gave the complaint no. also. Then they never turned up and when i called again they say that the modem carries only 1 yr warranty and she also says that after disconnection i will not be surrendering my modem anyway and so it became mine. WTF. They also said that the 1yr warranty term is mentioned in the receipt which they gave when i paid for it.. But i cannot find anything as such...

Now i understand that Airtel stopped replacing the modem . But i came to know about this 750 matter now only. Airtel no doubt they are rogues..

Now please recommend me a good adsl router (with telnet support) guys as i would like to use it with my linksys wag120n

try searching the net for beetel 110tc1 modem. One of the guy @other forum was selling that modem for 500-600bucks coz he moved from FUKtel. I thought to purchase that, but now I have decided to terminate my Airtel BB. I am done with these FUKtel guys. Applied for the demo of reliance winax and Sifi wifi. I hate to go to sify again, but lets see who gonna come for a demo first.

Something is wrong with the ISPs these days, I am telling, the world is really coming to an end. :(

Especially Airtel...I dont know how you guys coped with the FU Policy but I had quit then...am in Bangalore since we dont have MTNL, using Reliance Wimax and it works great for me ... with no FU Policy...and no stupid banter like Airtel

Guys something similar happened with me few days ago. I got airtel land line connection in 2005 and few days ago my phone stopped working. I called CC and they arranged a visit. Engineer came to my place and confirmed that phone is dead. He called his senior and asked if he can replace our phone. His senior said according to airtel's new policy connections which are more than 1 year old will not be given replacement whether it is a phone or a modem. I was like WTF !!! I said I will pay for it then also they were not ready to give me a new phone. Engineer said you can get a new phone from market but airtel will not provide any phone whether you pay or don't pay.

Punker said:
Guys something similar happened with me few days ago. I got airtel land line connection in 2005 and few days ago my phone stopped working. I called CC and they arranged a visit. Engineer came to my place and confirmed that phone is dead. He called his senior and asked if he can replace our phone. His senior said according to airtel's new policy connections which are more than 1 year old will not be given replacement whether it is a phone or a modem. I was like WTF !!! I said I will pay for it then also they were not ready to give me a new phone. Engineer said you can get a new phone from market but airtel will not provide any phone whether you pay or don't pay.

This is heights of begging but i can understand Failtel has to arrange 70cr for pay packet

msankadi said:
Especially Airtel...I dont know how you guys coped with the FU Policy but I had quit then...am in Bangalore since we dont have MTNL, using Reliance Wimax and it works great for me ... with no FU Policy...and no stupid banter like Airtel
What actually irritate me with Airtel was my bb was down on 27th July, and the engg keep running the bush that problem is with the line, though my landline was working. After 3 days when my router was outta warranty, ( I purchased the router last year i.e. 30july 2010) now they say that the problem is with the router and its out of warranty and you need to purchase a new one. I was like WTF.

Applied for Reliance Wimax though didnt had a good experience with wimax earlier, was using Tata wimax before moving to Airtel. I still applied for Reliance and hope it doesnt disappoint me.

When I applied for the new connectio few months back, they asked me to buy a modem either from market or from them (for 750 Rs), looks like they have enforced it to existing customer as well.

First FUP, then torrent throttling and now this! Its time to change over for good.

Exactly the same issue here in NOIDA, sector 25.

So i went to Nehru Place and bought a DLINK ADSL2+ modem for 1000 bucks. Works way better, and surprisingly my pings to gaming servers dropped by half.

Bought this one : http://www.dlink.co.in/products/?pid=438

Though im still looking for alternatives here in NOIDA, wired ones preferred, but if the service is really good i dont mind getting a Wifi based or Wimax connection. I just need good latency to VS servers in Mumbai.

Regards,

Ambar

PS: Really not trying to hijack the thread.

Checksum said:
First FUP, then torrent throttling and now this! Its time to change over for good.
I am sure and hopeful that soon they will charge for engineer's visit and fixing of complains.

Back