PC Peripherals where to buy good USB-MIDI interface

true_power

Disciple
Looking for good quality USB-MIDI Interface 1x1 or 2x2, no cheapo crapo chinese fakes please !!!!. M-Audio / Yamaha / ESI or other quality makes( supporting CoreMIDI) preferred. Price range Rs.600/- to Rs.1400/-

Had enough with some pro-audio suppliers in the country as they won't reply or give approx pricing. :mad:
thanks in advance.

You mean a USB soundcard?

What exactly do you mean by USB MIDI interface, what instrument do you want to connect via a USB port?

Where are you based?

Shalu music in Mumbai has some, but a very limited range. Your best bet is to order it from music123.com or suchlike. They should come out cheap enough to be below the customs minimum of $100 including shipping.

Oh I just saw your budget, all the best for getting something in that price range. The Midisport 2x2 is ~30 dollars, plus 20 dollars shipping. Not sure anything cheaper is even worth it.

@Anish - he probably wants to connect a MIDI keyboard to a laptop, but we'll wait for him to reply.

If it's a laptop, there's no place to put one. And USB cards also have analog i/o, which he might not need. The cheapest I know is the US-122 from Tascam, and that's 8K. A MIDI interface will be a quarter that price.

yeah, it is for my laptop. i've got expensive bulky 2Mhz interfaces for desktop(1x3 & 2x2), this cheaper one is for my portable digital piano.

the average price is around US$15~35, anyone willing to sell theirs/returning from abroad within 2weeks, can PM me. :D

@sangram, the problem is either some quote above 4k+ for $10 product or just wont respond :( as these aren't popular here.

Yeah I totally understand. Maybe asking someone to bring it in is the easiest/cheapest way of doing it.

All the best. I don't envy you or hold out too much hope, but you might want to anyway call Shalu music and see what they have to say. It's worth a shot.

Back