Which BB for playing CS online ?

john117

Adept
hi ppl ,
can you help me chosing a Broadband connection for playing games online, I play CS, DotA and want to play TF2 online ..
also can you tell me how much bandwith will be enough for getting playable latency , a ping of 100-150 is good enough for me ...

Heya John,

The best ISP for u in Bangalore would be Airtel. You get around 60-80 ping to singapore servers and around 70 pings to indian servers (mumbai). Bsnl gives u pings more than 100 i think and Tata Indicom too. Sify SUX!!! in Bangalore.. u can ask Sify's dearest customer Kidoman abt Sify.

Airtel gives u the best service here. NEVER experienced any downtimes at all and no choke or loss.

If you are in Bangalore then AIRTEL is the best bet.PERIOD.Remember the dota games when people get huge latencies;airtel is stable and u will get less spikes with gg-client/hamachi.Preferably forward the ports used while gaming(6112?) which may give marginal latency improvement.Same goes for CS.Don't ever go for Tata Indicom -- 1 week I didnt have internet at all;there was not even a single day in which I had uninterrupted internet connection.You wont face the same issues with Airtel.

OT:
@goku:which SG servers u get good latencies? I play in SG Timeless server but there is HUGE choke in that server;is there any tool to check the latencies too.[Game monitor doesnt show the latencies.]

Exatt will give u the best pings coz most of the servers hosted in india run on Exatt or VSNL (VSNL provides bandwith to EXATT) ...dis i confirmed with ABHI....owner of V-Street....u wil get latencies of 10ms or less....also quality of net is gud...by dat i mean almost no chokes n losses n gud connection :)

Back