which RO water purifier local or Branded

blackheart

Disciple
hi,

I live in mumbai suburbs and we use ground (well) water with a very high TDS (> 600) so RO is the only option for me

The problem is that since there are so many companies producing RO systems both Local as well as branded like (Kent , Eureka forbes etc ) i am confused as to which one to go for

there price diffrence is also huge i mean the Kent ro system cost around 15k and the local ones cost arn 9 - 10K so what i want to know is

1. Are these branded RO system worth that 5k extra or are this companies charging u extra just becaus of the brand name

2. And which comapny should i go for my budget is arnd 15k

3. kent claims that its ro system retains the essential minerals required by the body does this system actually work or is it just a marketing stratergy ?

4. I am inclining towards kent grand+ do u think it is the right choice

please let me knw u r suggestions

mostly i will be buying the RO system in next week

bye tc

Some athority conducted a research ....tested 8 purifiers using impure water (with some virus) .....only two could clean the water!! ...THEY DID NOT GIVE US THE NAMES ( TOI article)

I'd say ....invest in the best ....prevention is better than cure :p .....or do some searching on the net to find the two names that passed the test

Go for the kent, using at home from last two years and never faced any water related health problem, even their service and support is excellent throughout india.

Beware of the local dealers who sell the kent purifiers.AFAIK only local dealers sell kents and sales are not handled directly by the company.We had a bad experience because the dealer had overwritten the year of purchase making our warranty void.He was probably manipulating the sales numbers to make some money for himself.

The Kent is a very good product.We only had problems once with the water overflowing.the only other option you have is Aquaguard RO(eureka forbes),u can check that out if you're interested.If not go ahead with Kent.

they have not mentioned any product names in tht article so practically that article is of no use if they had mentioned any names then it would have been useful .............

dnt knw wht is the point in publisihing such half baked articles they only add to the confusion...............

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

nuke'em said:
Beware of the local dealers who sell the kent purifiers.AFAIK only local dealers sell kents and sales are not handled directly by the company.We had a bad experience because the dealer had overwritten the year of purchase making our warranty void.He was probably manipulating the sales numbers to make some money for himself.
The Kent is a very good product.We only had problems once with the water overflowing.the only other option you have is Aquaguard RO(eureka forbes),u can check that out if you're interested.If not go ahead with Kent.
yeah me also thinking of goin with kent .........the company person is goin to come tomorrow to my place to give a demo.......... but there is a diff of almost 5 k between kent and other local brands ......... is that diffrence of 5k really worth it or is it tht kent is just chargin more because of the brand name like eureka forbes does or do they really use quality compnents............. may be someone like medpal will be able to throw some light on this ...........

nuke'em said:

Aren't the Aquaguard people rippers ?

The last time I had their purifier I remember I'd have to keep paying for annual services and filters and that cost quite an amount.

yeah...Sometimes they try to rip you off.But AFAIK the annual services are optional and they always turn up on time for service.

Aquagaurd guys are shifty.. When I had asked them for RO, their guys themselves kept suggesting against it as they said they were facing issues with it and wanted me to go for normal ones..

BTW, kent can give u trouble with service if u get the wrong service franchisee..but if you are in NCR, then there is no issue at all as they handle all servicing there themselves, I think..

You can buy the Neermay Water filter if it is suitable for use in your area.

Its based on BARC technology & is absolutely chemical free & zero recurring cost

Costs Rs 3000 in Mumbai

Speak to Ajay @ aum technologies giving the details of your water & locality to asses if it is suitable for use in your area or not.

May be local brands are better than established but the problem is SERVICE, local brands hardly care to give you service. In that case you may ask local service guy for service. Yes you can save lots with good local brand products.

i have decided to go with kent pride ......... some of my friends were also intrested so we placed a group order ....... and got some discount we are getting it for 13,000 plus and extra prefilter free with it.

there are also many RO systems from local brands which u can get for arnd 9 - 10k

Back