Storage Solutions Which SATA DVD Writer to buy

Hello Friends,
I need to buy a new SATA DVD Writer. Pls help me suggesting one also if anyone interested i would like to sell my present Sony DVD writer. Pls suggest me..Thanks in advance

Guys, this is for anyone who is buying LiteOn LH-20A1P. I am using the drive for last one year. Its a good burner and a speedy drive but it has loads of problems reading dual layer dvds. Many will tell you that its a firmware problem, but actually it is not. I have upgraded to KL0N, but till date, I have found numerous dual boot DVDs which dont play with LiteOn, which otherwise play perfectly on my Samsung SH-203B. Its not SATA though, but I think the problem will persist in LH-20A1S also.
On your question now:

Buy Pioneer 212D or Samsung SH-S203B. Pioneer is hard to find though.

+1 for the Samsung SH-S203B

got it sometime back... burnt over 80 DVDs with only a couple failing coz of copy protection.. media used was Master(DVD identifier shows it as Ritek media)

Pioneer belongs to the elite club.. A li'l expensive... But does the job..

I'd sugest get the S203B.. their tie-up with Toshiba has proven wrong tat Samsung drives aint any good..

I'd sugest get the S203B.. their tie-up with Toshiba has proven wrong tat Samsung drives aint any good..

Well the JV between them known as TSST has been there for more than 5 years I know. They churned out lot of junk in that period so its nothing like u said.The SH 203B is one of the 1st face saving buners from TSST Corp

budget is not a problem. but do let me know if pioneer is the best one in sata series or something is even better than pioneer. also if someone can let me know the market prices for pioneer + samsung and if the third option anyone can suggest. so that i have 3 choices among which i can buy one.

I may be wrong but I think Asus drives are re-badged Pioneer and if so, a good option. Secondly, out of very good experience for the past few months, I do suggest SH-S203B. It is cheap also.

Back