Monitors Which TFT LCD for Gaming ...

john117

Adept
Hi guys ..
please help me out in selecting a LCD display for my gaming rig .. my budget is 9k to 11k for the LCD ..and I have heard that not all games support widescreen resolutions(correct me if I am wrong )
so I want to get a 19" monitor with normal resolution(1280x1024 is fine for me ).. so suggest me which one to buy ..
I am thinking about Viewsonic 19" VX922 it has 2ms gtg response time so good for gaming .:eek:hyeah: .
If you have anything better in mind please tell me .

i would suggest widescreen, all games can be made to run in widescreen with a lil tweaking and all the newer ones have inbuilt support for widescreen.

it'l be much better for movies as well, i would suggest the vx 1932wm better brightness and contrast than the one u mentioned and in widescreen(is also 2ms).
will cost u arnd 9500.

depends. if you're a hardcore multiplayer guy who likes to play stuff like cs, q3 at relatively high levels (in tourneys and stuff), stay away from widescreen.

if your focus is more on single player names, then buying anything else is kinda stupid. crysis and stuff looks so good in widescreen.

I think its worth pointing out that some or if not most RTC systems introduce some kind of delay compared to CRT's.The extend of course depends on the specific manufacturer RTC implementation.

john117 said:
Hi guys ..
please help me out in selecting a LCD display for my gaming rig .. my budget is 9k to 11k for the LCD ..and I have heard that not all games support widescreen resolutions(correct me if I am wrong )
so I want to get a 19" monitor with normal resolution(1280x1024 is fine for me ).. so suggest me which one to buy ..
I am thinking about Viewsonic 19" VX922 it has 2ms gtg response time so good for gaming .:eek:hyeah: .
If you have anything better in mind please tell me .

Get a DELL 19" or better still the 22" for a li'l extra...

The Dell SE198WFP/E198WFp are good ones..
Save the rest of the bucks fer somethin else.. :p

22" will be a monster fer the movies but unless u hav a good gfx card u wudn be able to enjoy the games @ good res...

TheIndian said:
how about the 12' Panasonic plasma ?
Dude if you lemme borrow ur credit card:eek:hyeah: .. then why not .. .:bleh:
stellarhopper said:
all da nu games support widescreen...
thnks for the info .. but what about CS:Z ,CS:S and warcraft(DoTA)

IMHO it'd be unwise not to go for a widescreen if buyin a monitor now...
I am building a PC only for gaming .. if I am not able to play games on widescreen .. then whats the use .. i can watch movies on my old P4 ..
so just playing safe by taking opinion of peeps at TE ..
superdunkaroos said:
i would suggest widescreen, all games can be made to run in widescreen with a lil tweaking and all the newer ones have inbuilt support for widescreen.

it'l be much better for movies as well, i would suggest the vx 1932wm better brightness and contrast than the one u mentioned and in widescreen(is also 2ms).
will cost u arnd 9500.
ashr said:
depends. if you're a hardcore multiplayer guy who likes to play stuff like cs, q3 at relatively high levels (in tourneys and stuff), stay away from widescreen.

if your focus is more on single player names, then buying anything else is kinda stupid. crysis and stuff looks so good in widescreen.

gannu_rox said:
Get a DELL 19" or better still the 22" for a li'l extra...

The Dell SE198WFP/E198WFp are good ones..
Save the rest of the bucks fer somethin else.. :p

22" will be a monster fer the movies but unless u hav a good gfx card u wudn be able to enjoy the games @ good res...
I will mainly use this PC to play COD4/TF2 and warcraft(DoTA) so just tell me can Warcarft handle wide screen resolution .I will play singleplayers like Crysis occasionally and 1280x1024 is sufficient .

and does dell offer any normal lcd display (ie non wide screen)
:thanks!: Thanks to all of you for such a quick response :goodjob:
TE ROCKS :clapping:

Back