PC Peripherals Wierd Problem, View Sonic VG1921WM

lordfiend

Disciple
Hello Everyone :clap:

I have View Sonic VG1921wm and am facing the following problems:

1. Wavy horizontal lines on the screen
2. Sparking noise which occurs seldom
3. The contrast is too feeble ( I don't know whether this is problem) but the picture is very dark at 100% contrast and brightness

Now I called the company and they sent the engineer he diagnosed following:

1. Wavy lines was due to interference with internet connection and would never go. H esaid this is just normal ( Is it normal I dont think so cause many friends of mine have got net but not waves like this):mad:

2. While he checked the noise didnt come up so he concluded every thing is okay :no:

3. He could not adjust the contrast but even then he concluded that colour is fine though he mentioned screen is dark but added a tag that it was normal ( I definitely know it is not) :huh:

With these statements made he said that he would come with another engineer after few days and look further.

Now what do you people think I should do or keep using the defected LCD as they wont replace the LCD
:S
Please enlighten me

I think you shd try to rma the lcd as these things are not at all normal.

"Wavy lines was due to interference with internet connection and would never go. "
^
what more u can except from those self proclaimed engg

My two cents:

My assumption - The backlight is a CFL.

Your LCD backlight is dying. The wavy lines are caused by the loading of the backlight driving inverter.

Back