WTB Wifi Router with PPPOE for fivenet broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a TP Link WR340G cheap online. Around 600 you will get it easily. Even i am using fivenet on this.

hey guys, even i have 5net's pppoe in my house. Im planning to get a wireless router too. May as well get the one mentioned above.
My house is 2 bhk with 920sq ft built up area and ~650 sq ft carpet area. To give you a rough idea about the layout, my house is more or less rectangular(36ft*25ft) and can be divided into 4 standard geometrical quadrants.
Now my LAN cable enters the house in the 2nd quadrant where my desktop is. Now there are 3 walls between 2nd & 1st quadrant and 1 wall between 2nd & 3rd quadrant with each wall being about 6" thick. These are the 3 quadrants where i want wireless connectivity, I dont care about the 4th quadrant(its the kitchen).
So if i get this router or some other 150mbps router and install it next to my desktop, will i get enough range in the other areas OR should i install the router somewhere at the center of the 3 quadrants(ie ~@origin)? The center would be around 5m away from my desktop and i would need 7m of extn to the current cable to reach out to the router and 7m of the cable which connects the router to my desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back