Will this game run on this configuration?

Hi Gamerz,

Was pretty amazed to see that this kind of thread is not in this forum! I searched and found no similar result so I'm starting this thread so that, there won't be any need to create different threads for the latest/old games and their playability. :)

One can ask the question whether the "ABC" game will run on "XYZ" configuration or not? i.e. whether the game can run on the mentioned configuration with acceptable playability.

Let me start..

My PC's Configuration:-

Windows Vista Ultimate

Intel Core 2 DUO E7500 @ 2.93 GHz

2 GB DDR RAM 2

Intel G31 Chipset

No Graphic Card

Will All Half Life 2 Games run on it and how nicely?

^^ :no: Well, I certainly don't believe on the verdict of that site.. Way long back when I used to have a different pc, I checked there and it said that Prince Of Persia : T2T will not run in ur pc but it ran like maakhan. :p

Awaiting for response about Dirt... :)

^^ Forums give a personalized response with the experience of members on the game. Every game comes with minimum requirements written on the box, why even bother to go to that site? And as I said I certainly don't believe on the verdict of that site..

It would be much better if a person with need starts a thread (after checking ofcourse) instead of using a common thread like this because you post your problem after this (common) thread has become old and the rest of the members might ignore it thinking problem solved already.

Also multiple folks might ask questions for multiple games resulting in the guy who posted first on that day - his post goes to the second last page. The other members don't see it and reply to the recent posts. The guy who posted first keeps on reposting his request - ultimately -> SPAM

Finally 2 or more guys with similar setup may end at asking about the same game at different times without knowing that the answer was already posted. If there was a separate thread for each game this would not have happened as every thread starter is responsible enough to check if a similar thread exists before posting (Hopefully you are one of them). Even folks with different rigs ask about compatibility under the same thread started with the game's name. A good example is recently posted topic: 'Dragon age origins on a HD ATI 4670 ?'. It not only answered The OP's question but also helped out H20. BTW guys someone answer Hobbs3 in that thread. :p

^^ Firstly, I don't think there is need to create multiple thread for the same topic i.e. Will this game run on my PC? Secondly, If people use quotes while replying then it will not create any confusion. Thirdly, maximum there can be 1 re-posting from a member as this forum is very active :p and at last I would like to say that this kind of thread is one of the major thread/sticky thread in other tech forum so thought of making one in this forum too.. :p

Krazzy Warrior said:
I would like to say that this kind of thread is one of the major thread/sticky thread in other tech forum

Great idea stay there :cool2:

^^(Just Kidding)

On a more serious note:

I bet you don't check before starting a new thread. Recently a thread was posted:
http://www.techenclave.com/gaming/good-games-for-onboard-graphics-153428.html

This one answers your G31 question even before you asked it but did you search for it before you posted this topic.

Anyways about your problem with 'Can You Run it?' This site checks if you have a GPU. The moment it doesn't find it returns a fail. Hence their results can be a bit unreliable. Another scenario I ran the test for Doom 3 when I had a 5200fx and the card passed but the game lagged like hell. So that is the only point I agree with you on in this thread.

Please don't start a thread called 'Game Reviews According to YOU!' and expect everyone to post their opinions out there.

prabs said:

Thanks for the link.. :)

prabs said:
Anyways about your problem with 'Can You Run it?' This site checks if you have a GPU. The moment it doesn't find it returns a fail. Hence their results can be a bit unreliable. Another scenario I ran the test for Doom 3 when I had a 5200fx and the card passed but the game lagged like hell. So that is the only point I agree with you on in this thread.

Atleast you agreed one of my points.. :p

prabs said:
Please don't start a thread called 'Game Reviews According to YOU!' and expect everyone to post their opinions out there.

lols.... :p :bleh:

Krazzy Warrior said:
Thanks for the link.. :)
You are welcome.

Krazzy Warrior said:
Atleast you agreed one of my points.. :p
Seemed reasonable. Not everyone has a graphic card and at time folks with the ability to run a game miss out on playing it because of this site.

Back