Windows7 Boot problem

shaplus

Disciple
I had first installed XP(C drive) ,then installed Windows 7(D drive) and i had no problem switching to any OS.After 2 days when switching to XP,desktop is displayed for 2 seconds and system started to restart:S.I have tried several times and decided to format XP keeping Windows 7 undisturbed.But now when i start Switching OS login screen is not appearing and my system directly logins to XP:mad:.Windows 7 is still present in D drive so please suggest me how to get dual OS working properly with login option........:)

Thankss

Just reboot inserting your Win 7 DVD and choose start up recovery/rescue.

Then tell us if you can boot into both or only Win 7. I'll suggest accordingly.

thanksss sabby i will try it now.....

just now tried your method,no use only XP is booting properly:mad:

anybody help me pls.........

Ya try what Haddock suggested. I've done it many times and got positive result. Just boot through Win 7 DVD and when the Install Now window appears select Repar/Rescue(I dont remember the actual words) from bottom. And select startup repair on next window. It'll solve your problem.

If on 1st time the problem doesn't get solved try it another time. Next time it'll detect your Win7 installation(if not on 1st time). Saying it from personal experience.

Ya try what Haddock suggested. I've done it many times and got positive result. Just boot through Win 7 DVD and when the Install Now window appears select Repar/Rescue(I dont remember the actual words) from bottom. And select startup repair on next window. It'll solve your problem.

If on 1st time the problem doesn't get solved try it another time. Next time it'll detect your Win7 installation(if not on 1st time). Saying it from personal experience.

IF you cant bring back the boot entries, then try vistaboot pro. Its free and its very useful in these types of situations...

anfjavid said:
IF you cant bring back the boot entries, then try vistaboot pro. Its free and its very useful in these types of situations...

NOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

never use Vista poop pro

it fooked up my boot entries. Easy BCD fixed it tho :D

btw, vista poop pro is not free anymore.

Haddock said:
NOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

never use Vista poop pro

it fooked up my boot entries. Easy BCD fixed it tho :D

btw, vista poop pro is not free anymore.

have u any proof for your contention ?. I am using vista boot pro from the time when it was released and its excellent. I can even install windows 7 /vista first and then windows xp and vice versa.

Its a very useful tool provided you know how to use it...

i folowed this tutorial Installing Windows XP after Windows 7 (Dual boot) - Tips & Tweaks

then this is what happened to my laptop

2rw6vzr.png

Back