Car & Bike WTB Car within 4 Lakhs

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
I am looking for a car and will not spend a rupee over 4 lakhs (including finance)
I am open to all options. This drastic move is a result of a horrible accident I had on my bike today thanks to the useless and incompetent lunatics driving in Ahmedabad - a city with the worst traffic discipline in India according to me.
I am open to diesel/petrol and even second hand options if finance is provided. Thanks for the assistance people. I shall type in monosyllables while attending to my wounds!

Bet is good vehicle if you ahve a family of 3 thanks to its bad rear seat spacing.

you can go for the i10 magna.has every basic thing one needs except for the audio unit.

beat diesel or petrol? i am considering that as well. I looked at the alto - its horribly overpriced. 47 bhp @ 3.4 lakhs - wtf! Beat petrol is 3.7 lakhs on road in ahmedabad and the diesel variant is 4.2 lakhs on road here.

@ metalspree - not funny! Got hit by a rickshaw that swerved suddenly towards me while i was doing 80 kmph. the disc brakes and the expensive and fancy helmet saved me.

Beat diesel. Atleast I have driven the diesel version and the engine feels really smooth, leg room is good too (I am 5.85")

I think you had an accident just a few months ago too..didnt you??

sunny27 said:
beat diesel or petrol? i am considering that as well. I looked at the alto - its horribly overpriced. 47 bhp @ 3.4 lakhs - wtf! Beat petrol is 3.7 lakhs on road in ahmedabad and the diesel variant is 4.2 lakhs on road here.

@ metalspree - not funny! Got hit by a rickshaw that swerved suddenly towards me while i was doing 80 kmph. the disc brakes and the expensive and fancy helmet saved me.

Beat D PS is 4.3 lacs ex-showroom in Kolkata, so the OTR will be more like 4.6k or thereabouts.
Depending upon your monthly usage:
1)Beat D if its more than 1000 kms/ month
2)Eon(Magna)O[3.5L EX] or i10 ERA(best for city commute)[3.9L EX but has big discounts], Beat PS(p)[3.6L EX has decent discounts] if its south of 1000 kms/month
3) Honda Brio E [4l EX] for the straight "H" badge and steal of a mill for that price.

Honda brio is the the most appealing of the lot but @ 4.5 lakhs its a bit too expensive for my liking. I test drove the Honda brio and i loved it. However I shall be settling with the EON/i10 or Beat. I plan to do long drives with my car.

@Chirag - My pulsar and me are in Godmode - the health meter drops but it doesn't finish you off.

sunny27 said:
I plan to do long drives with my car.

IMHO Long highway drives rules out the Beat D, EON and the i10 iRDE(ERA), these are mostly useful within city/suburbs and will gasp for breath on highways.

sunny27 said:
How about the Ford Figo?

Its a great car though the exterior design might feel a little vintage/oldish(Thats Just me) but the interiors are just fabulous

Plus the Diesel variant gives you awesome mileage for city as well as Highway ride

Beat on the other hand is NOT a highway car but a superb city ride

Even Brio is a good option,Brio+ABS is actually cheaper than i10+ABS

I Personally suggest going for a First hand ride,avoid second-hand cars if possible :)

If going for the ford figo go for the diesel engine. I hear that the petrol one is not good. and I think it will overshoot your budget.

Your best bet is the EON or the i10. But if you want reliability you can also try the zing... you can get the top end petrol for say around 4L max. got mine for 3.8L about a 1.5yrs back... One hell of a car I must say... I rammed into another car at 60-65Kmhs and max damage that i had was bent bonnet and the grill was completely smashed but nothing else happened.

Eon will run out of breath on highways very soon... Brio is good choice but bookings are closed as of now... If ur going for Figo, Diesel it has to be !!

One weird thought: How about Second Hand MJD Punto ?? Being Fiat its resale value is low,but build quality is good... Interior plastics aint so good but not as bad like Alto... Major problem is their AfterSS. Dont consider it if its AfterSS is not good in your city...

asingh said:
Is the BEAT enough for the city, with 3 cylinders..?

Its more than a handful in the city actually. Oozes of low end torque. Infact, it seems to be much more potent than its petrol counterparts in city/slow moving traffic. On the other hand, the Petrol Beat seems a bit sluggish in stop-go traffic.

P.S.: I own and drive a Beat P for last 14 months(20k kms)

Back