Laptops wtb < Rs.30000 laptop from US ?

rockyman

Disciple
Guyz need ur suggestion in getting a laptop less than 30000 (pref. <$700)
My Cousin is returning to india in a week so i told him to get a laptop.
And i have to give him 3-4 options so that he get atleast 1 of those:p
Basically i needed a core 2 duo with webcam but i suppose with a tight
budget :( ill have to settle with a dual core and might be a mid level gfx for fifa07, nfs ug.
Plz Give me ur needful suggestions.:hap2:

You can easily get a Core2Duo 5xxx ,2 Gb, 160-250GB laptop from Sony or HP at around 700-750$. Needless to say you can get the same config slightly cheaper in Acer or Compaq

I recently got a Sony Vaio with the above config at 725$.

You can check the prices/models at Newegg.com, tigerdirect.com and then may be if your cousin prefers to buy it offline, tell him to pick it from a nearby Best Buy or a Fry's Electronics .

in most of the deals ull get free shipping any where in US,but all de price r excluding taxes,tax wud be sum where arnd 50-60$ so chose according to tht,i paid 58$ tax for my Hp model n it was shipped to texas!!

Look for HP,Dell,Sony...i wud suggest u to keep away frm acer,toshiba is gud but then service wud b a prblm...

Gateway - T2330 Laptop - M-6309

Bro got this.Never Heard abt this brand but now ill have to be happy with this.

he got it for 555$ inc tax from best buy store so saved shipping.Still this lappy has video memory upto 384 mb.

Im thinking of upgrading the ram.Saw on the site Ram can be upgraded to 4 gb.This lappy has 2 x 512 mb PC2-5300 DDR2 sticks.So can i put 1 x 2gb stick as the lappy has only 2 slots.If yes i wanted a ram with 800mhz speed.Can it handle 800mhz and what should be the model like pc2-4200 or 5300,...

Newegg.com - Recertified: TOSHIBA Qosmio F45-AV411 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo T5450(1.66GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA 2GB DDR2 667 200GB DVD Super Multi Intel GMA X3100

Intel Core 2 Duo T5450(1.66GHz)

15.4" Wide XGA

2GB DDR2 667

200GB DVD

699$

this is a killer deal , only the company is unknown

Newegg.com - EVEREX XT5300T NoteBook AMD Mobile Athlon 64 X2 TK-53(1.70GHz) 17.0" Wide XGA+ 1GB DDR2 667 120GB 5400rpm Dual layer DVD Burner NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS - Retail

AMD Mobile Athlon 64 X2 TK-53(1.70GHz)

17.0" Wide XGA+

1GB DDR2 667

120GB 5400rpm

Dual layer DVD Burner

NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS - Retail

750$

Rockyman,Gateway is one of the highest selling lappy bran in US.but prblm is de service here in india.

Manu :S Toshiba is a unknown brand?well its a vry famous brand but it aint da best there are better brands then tht,at da same time tht Qosmio is refurb,as its nxt to impossible to get a Qosmio series for tht price.so check it out properly.

@everex isnt unknown, its just a US budget brand ;)

n if u guys read, he already bought it :p

@rockyman, get 800Mhz if u want. it ll still run at the max supported speed only. For example, 800Mhz RAM will run at 667 if thats the max supported speed. n i think if supported speed was more, they wudhave put that speed memory only originally ;)

Gateways an ok types brand, nothin that great. but njoi ur lappy anyway :D

Thx every 1 for ur replies and @ Aniruddh,Thx man that was a relief ,i thought i did a mistake in selecting gateway

can u tell me a good ram like gskill or corsair or transcend with model no that would be better for me to select.

it was not mentioned on the site abt the max ram speed supported but still can u take a look and guide me

????????????????????????

im willing to buy a 2gb

btw wats the diff between pc2-4200,5300,...

Off topic -

Guys can anyone tell me how about warranty of laptops coming from US ?

Do Acer, HP, Compaq service them in India for free if under warranty ?

Dell says u need to send back to US for repair.. They dont do in India if taken from US.

Any comments ?

Praks said:
Off topic -

Guys can anyone tell me how about warranty of laptops coming from US ?

Do Acer, HP, Compaq service them in India for free if under warranty ?

Dell says u need to send back to US for repair.. They dont do in India if taken from US.

Any comments ?

AFAIK, sony has some international warranty plans available which u ll need to pay extra to get.

Also if u have Dell 'completecover warranty' then there shudnt be any issues. What you have to do is, u call them up n ask them for the procedure to transfer ur warranty from US to India :)

Once thats done, ur warranty is officially valid in India :)

rockyman said:
Thx every 1 for ur replies and @ Aniruddh,Thx man that was a relief ,i thought i did a mistake in selecting gateway
can u tell me a good ram like gskill or corsair or transcend with model no that would be better for me to select.
it was not mentioned on the site abt the max ram speed supported but still can u take a look and guide me
????????????????????????
im willing to buy a 2gb
btw wats the diff between pc2-4200,5300,...

Can ny 1 guide me plz

dude a pc-5300 is a ddr2 667 and pc 4200 is ddr2 533..

so how does those 53 and 42 come...well its the maximum theoretical bandwidth of those two speeds....the 667 is supposed to give 5336 MB/sec and 533 is supposed to give 4264 MB/sec data trf...

also wrt to ram....always install in pairs to get dbl the bandwith ...its called dual channel mode for rams..so if ur planning to go for 2 gb get them in 1gb pair...and get ddr2 533 only....getting a 667 will not help coz ur system speed is restricted to 533...

Back