Xbox 360 as a Media Extender. Help Required

Hi,

Currently am using the Xbox360 as a Media Extender using the Windows Media Center from my PC to my TV with a Component Input. I've been able to play divx content directly through streaming or through writing in discs and playing it the console. However I'm unable to play .mkv content in the 360Media Center. Any ideas on how to play the same? Unable to convert it with the "n" number of free softwares available on the net also:(

kris30 said:
sorry bro no mkv support on the 360 or ps3 at the moment.you need to wait till they release a firmware supporting it

Actually never mind. I found out a way I can make it play. CCCP codec is required to play it in windows media center. and once it plays in windows media center, converted the file into WMV HD for streaming in Xbox 360 [Took a very long time] But finally the resultant file, played in all its HD glory with audio and video intact.

dude.. playing via media centre is not full glory even i had thought of same..and converting to WMV hd is pain in a$$

try this software XenonMKV, it take just 15 mins to make 4gb mkv file to mp4 file which is playable on xbox 360.. it wont change the resolution so no loss of quality.. the soft is designed specially for 360.. ha dnt exceed files more than 4gb cos FAT32 file system like pen drive cant read those.. i tried 300 720p bluray rip and wen played directly on xbox 360 it was stunning.. i shud say it was close to Bluray quality..

Codename47 said:
dude.. playing via media centre is not full glory even i had thought of same..and converting to WMV hd is pain in a$$

try this software XenonMKV, it take just 15 mins to make 4gb mkv file to mp4 file which is playable on xbox 360.. it wont change the resolution so no loss of quality.. the soft is designed specially for 360.. ha dnt exceed files more than 4gb cos FAT32 file system like pen drive cant read those.. i tried 300 720p bluray rip and wen played directly on xbox 360 it was stunning.. i shud say it was close to Bluray quality..

Thanks mate, will try today and let you know what happens.

Codename47 said:

Works like a charm:)

Back