Graphic Cards XFX has got the BALLS !!!!!!

Peace420All

Dhai Kilo Ka Haath
Disciple
Dec 9, 2006
EVGA written in the Monsterous Dogs, goooey drool on XFX 8600 Boxes, toooo funny !!!

he lads over at Guru3D have brought to everyones attention something quite, err... 'droolworthy' you might say. It's not hard to understand why there might be a little hostility between NVIDIA board partners (in this case, XFX and EVGA) but what's been discovered on the packaging of XFX's 8600 GT box is quite the funny indeed.................

XFX & EVGA - Silently fighting in drool ? :: TweakTown

looooool :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PriyoBan

Adept
Dec 16, 2005
"NVIDIA board partners as you can understand are competing quite hefty with each other. Now courtesy to the Dutch Hardware-Info for this because they spotted it. Yet I could not believe it when i heard it, it sounded just too silly. Yesterday I was made aware of the fact that the XFX 8600 boxes which have the dog logo on them .. have something else embedded. Now if you look at the mouth of the dog .. you see teeth and drool / slime. Now when I first checked this I had the 8600 GTS box in my hands and spotted nothing, then dismissed the rumor."

It's a sham.

varkey

Skilled
Sep 8, 2006
Bengaluru / Cochin
www.varkey.in
i was looking at the pictures of the 8600GTS cards made by different companies and they all look exactly the same except for the graphics on the coooler.

EVGA

LEADTEK

MSI

XFX

does that mean they are all the same? made at the same place?

PriyoBan

Adept
Dec 16, 2005
All the manufacturing partners have to abide by the reference design... although they may jack up the clock speeds etc and leave one or two features out... that is why they apparently look the same.

thexfactor

Insanely Awesome!!
Skilled
Mar 31, 2006
EVGA Bans Sales of 'Offensive' XFX Graphics Cards in Germany

EVGA, a supplier of graphics cards and mainboards, has announced that Germany trade regulators ordered its rival XFX, a division of Pine Technology, to stop selling graphics cards that potentially insult EVGA as a company. In April, XFX began selling Nvidia GeForce 8600-series graphics cards inside packages that display an enraged dog with saliva containing the EVGA logo dripping outside its jaws. Even though the logotype could not be seen without special tools, several web-sites has discovered it and posted appropriate images on the Internet. According to a statement by EVGA, a Munich, Germany-based court finds that the product packaging infringes EVGA’s rights and ordered XFX to stop selling products inside appropriate boxes in Germany.

In case XFX decides not to stop selling its graphics cards that potentially offend EVGA and infringe its trademarks, the company may be fined for €250 thousand (approximately $339.7 thousand) and its executives may even face a six month prison term. EVGA also asked German resellers to stop selling graphics cards that insult EVGA and promised to apply to courts of other European countries to ban graphics cards with offending images across the European Union.

X-bit labs - EVGA Bans Sales of “Offensive†XFX Graphics Cards in Germany.

Aces170

ex-Mod
Mar 16, 2005
Most of the manufacturers or OEMS outsource their assembling and mfg to EMS based cos, (Electronic Manufacturing Systems) cos like Jabil, Solectron etc..

but each of their clients have diff quality checks etc... the only thing that cos do is branding, and selling...