XPS15 from US. Opinion required.

gursud

Disciple
Hello People

I am in need of quick and correct opinion on this below config as i am going to order this in a day or two. I have decided on a laptop suddently. i was informed that the dell laptop warranty can be transferred to india.Is this still applicable? what is the procedure?

BTW the configuration is as follows.

2nd generation Intel Core i7-2630QM processor 2.00 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz
6GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 Memory
750GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M 1GB graphics with Optimus
Tray Load Blu-ray Disc BD-Combo (Reads BD and Writes to DVD/CD)
56 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English
15.6 FHD B+RGLED TL (1920x1080) and Skype-Certified 2.0MP HD Webcam
Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000
JBL 2.1 Speakers with Waves Maxx Audio 3
Integrated 10/100/1000 Network Card

Cost 999$+Free Shipping + Applicable Tax

The link to the deal

Dell XPS 15 Laptop w/ Intel i7-2630 Quad Core, Blu-ray and a 15.6" (1920x1080) Full HD Display

Is this a good deal?

Regards

yes

good deal

warranty can be transferred and extended in india as well

best deal is to buy the 3yr warranty as well and transfer it here

2 yr extension of warranty costs 8k odd....

^^You had 2 yrs basic service warranty there,how many years of that warranty is valid here? Did you fill up the form and it got transferred automatically? It would be nice if you can post all the steps as it would be helpful for other members.

RS4 said:
^^You had 2 yrs basic service warranty there,how many years of that warranty is valid here? Did you fill up the form and it got transferred automatically? It would be nice if you can post all the steps as it would be helpful for other members.

you have to fill the international transfer form..i had two years basic in home warranty in 1-2 business days ...the same two year warranty is valid for me here in india.

I'm also interested in buying through the same offer, please guide me for the following:

1) My required config goes upto approx. $1350, can I apply for the $100 coupon?

2) How many days does it take to ship it in India (Mumbai).

3) Is it advisable to purchase the warranty now, and get it transferred here or get it from Dell India itself.

Thanks in advance.

^^get it from dell india..shipping costs from US and added customs, you will end up paying more than indian price and i doubt that dell usa will ship to india.

thanks for the response.

I have another query: Which is the best way to buy one.1) from the retail store (A new one recently opened up @ lamington road). 2) online 3) or via telephone. Also, I have seen on many forums that plople have got good discounts and free goodies along with the laptop. Can u suggest ways in which I can convince the sell guys to offer me the same. Am I eligible for the student discount (I'm doing Bsc IT from Mumbai University).

Also what is your take on the laptop, is it worth it???

Thanks in advance.

Back