Monitors 144hz gaming monitor under 20K ?

psybronik

Disciple
Hi guys,

i'm using a benq G2420HD since past 4 years and it has never given me any problem.
however i need a new monitor with 144hz refresh rate under 20k (24 inch) especially for gaming.

i play all type of games :)

Would appreciate your help

Thanks

I am looking for the same, Benq Zowie XL2411 is a great option around 22-24k, Below that you have an Acer but the stand is crappy.

I'm looking for one now as well. Have you decided on what you are buying?

I've heard that you can get an AOC G2460PQU for like 17k in Nehru Place Delhi. Unfortunately, I live in Bangalore and SP Road is not selling it.

im stuck between another issue now ... should i go for IPS or TN... IPS has good color reproduction and a slightly higher GTG response time compared to TN panel which has an excellent GTG response time but not so good color reproduction compare to IPS.. so i'm a little confuse..

i have a shortlisted 3

LG 24MP88HM
LG 24GM77
BenQ XL2411Z 24.

your view guys ?

i will be playing FIFA online a lot on PS4 and rest all other games on PC.

Would really appreciate your help.

So right now you're looking at:

TN:
+ 144Hz
+ Faster response time
- More expensive

IPS:
+/- 60Hz
+ Cheaper
- Slower response time

I would take the IPS if your primary requirement of the monitor is colour accuracy and not gaming (photography/video editing). If your primary use of the monitor is gaming then go for the TN monitors. Your PS4 isn't going to take advantage of the higher refresh rate so it doesn't factor into the consideration.

im stuck between another issue now ... should i go for IPS or TN... IPS has good color reproduction and a slightly higher GTG response time compared to TN panel which has an excellent GTG response time but not so good color reproduction compare to IPS.. so i'm a little confuse..

i have a shortlisted 3

LG 24MP88HM
LG 24GM77
BenQ XL2411Z 24.

your view guys ?

XL2411 with the height adjustment stand @ 23-24k Is the best deal, Standard in E-sports, tried and tested, you wont miss a beat, LG 24GM77 is a great alternative if you can find it around 20K, I see No reason to buy it over Benq above 20K, If you will game mainly on PS4 then all of these are kinda uselss,

So right now you're looking at:

TN:
+ 144Hz
+ Faster response time
- More expensive

IPS:
+/- 60Hz
+ Cheaper
- Slower response time

I would take the IPS if your primary requirement of the monitor is colour accuracy and not gaming (photography/video editing). If your primary use of the monitor is gaming then go for the TN monitors. Your PS4 isn't going to take advantage of the higher refresh rate so it doesn't factor into the consideration.

i'd be playing all the exclusive on ps4 along with fifa online and rest on PC. also the response time of the IPS panel in this case is 5ms GTG so i dont think its noticeable plus the color quality would be great comparatively isn't it ?

XL2411 with the height adjustment stand @ 23-24k Is the best deal, Standard in E-sports, tried and tested, you wont miss a beat, LG 24GM77 is a great alternative if you can find it around 20K, I see No reason to buy it over Benq above 20K, If you will game mainly on PS4 then all of these are kinda uselss,

the XL2411 is out from the list as it only contains single HDMI port... also i'm getting the LG 24GM77 for 20K. Now my only concern is does the response time and refresh rate is worth the extra 6k over the LG 24MP88HM .

will the game look better on IPS? can you suggest a good IPS 24" monitor with 5ms response time under 20 K ?

as i have mentioned the types of games ill b playing.

i'd be playing all the exclusive on ps4 along with fifa online and rest on PC. also the response time of the IPS panel in this case is 5ms GTG so i dont think its noticeable plus the color quality would be great comparatively isn't it ?

the XL2411 is out from the list as it only contains single HDMI port... also i'm getting the LG 24GM77 for 20K. Now my only concern is does the response time and refresh rate is worth the extra 6k over the LG 24MP88HM .

will the game look better on IPS? can you suggest a good IPS 24" monitor with 5ms response time under 20 K ?

as i have mentioned the types of games ill b playing.
the reason 5ms, 1ms matters is, in a multiplayer game, response times stack up, 200 for mouse, 5ms for monitor etc.

secondly if you have a Nvidia Gpu, overclock your current monitor to 75Hz and notice the difference , 144Hz is a big push, I personally would go with a 24" FHD 144hz monitor over A curved 4K for gaming any day.

the reason 5ms, 1ms matters is, in a multiplayer game, response times stack up, 200 for mouse, 5ms for monitor etc.

secondly if you have a Nvidia Gpu, overclock your current monitor to 75Hz and notice the difference , 144Hz is a big push, I personally would go with a 24" FHD 144hz monitor over A curved 4K for gaming any day.
what about the color reproduction TN vs IPS ?

I just bought an Asus VG248QE
Trust me the colour on the asus one is much much better than the others.
I have heard bad reviews about Acer 144hz
LG is 5ms GTG Response time when you play on 144 hz and its 1ms GTG when you play on 120 hz
BenQ Colour is too bad

So I would suggest you to save some money and buy the best, Asus.

LG is 5ms GTG Response time when you play on 144 hz and its 1ms GTG when you play on 120 hz
BenQ Colour is too bad

When your words can affect someones decision, please do research before giving a response, you did not buy every single monitor listed above, only the ASUS.

https://pcmonitors.info/others/benq-xl2411t-vs-asus-vg248qe/
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2905309/benq-xl2411z-asus-vg248qe.html
According to SR-71 From tomshardware
Different people have different perspective on good colors, Benq has slightly deeper gamma but otherwise both are same, Benq is popular among pros, but both are same.

Last edited:
BenQ Colour is too bad

When your words can affect someones decision, please do research before giving a response, you did not buy every single monitor listed above, only the ASUS.

https://pcmonitors.info/others/benq-xl2411t-vs-asus-vg248qe/
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2905309/benq-xl2411z-asus-vg248qe.html
According to SR-71 From tomshardware
Different people have different perspective on good colors, Benq has slightly deeper gamma but otherwise both are same, Benq is popular among pros, but both are same.

Thanks a lott guys for the reply i cannot extend my budget above 20k as i have to buy a ps4 slim as well. . . Any other good ips pannel under 20k for gaming ?

Also is it true that for 1080P gaming i need to attach my monitor to a display port and not hdmi ?
I wasn't aware of this detail. . Can someone please clear it out to me . . . .

Thanks

i have a shortlisted 3

LG 24MP88HM
LG 24GM77
BenQ XL2411Z 24.

your view guys ?

As FIFA plays at 60 FPS in 1080p, 144hz monitor is no use for your purpose. Better go for the cheaper IPS panels.
Even PS4 Pro plays FIFA at 60 FPS in 4K resolution.

Back