Royal
Disciple
Sep 15, 2008
Rating - 96.2%
38   1   0
@Desecrator, check pm.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Theres a correction here,

Thanks to Desecrator I got to know that what Aman posted was misunderstood. ^ I didn't sell him a faulty console.

It happened so that Aman wanted the original drive keys and to retrieve that my friend gave console to a local guy, who used CK3 to retrieve the keys and during that process the console drive stopped responding. And hence the problem.

I still believe the drive can work although that guy said he doesn't have a solution to that.

If anyone is interested in the console and think can do something about it, console + powerbrick is on sale for 3000 shipped.

Chaztin

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Veteran
May 12, 2005
Bombay
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I just need one clarification; When you say "the drive stopped responding", do you mean it's jammed and does not respond to the eject/insert button?

EDIT: Chaz, I might have found a solution for your situation (or your friend's situation :p). I'll pass you a link in the PM and just check if you can get it done. This way you can probably recover your dead drive.

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Veteran
May 12, 2005
Bombay
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
All right. Check the PM and see if that person can follow those steps. If they key has been recovered, then we can recover the flash and probably even update the IXtreme firmware to LT+. I'll look into it once I get back from work.

mib2_007

Disciple
Jan 24, 2008
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
How much does a new drive costs? Can anybody here tell me for how much the whole Xbox package can be revived... I mean 3k for just console and brick... and what about other things?? how much I will have to shell out for them??

And what is the thing with flash and keys here??

Sorry... kinda noob.. am really looking to get a console right now... but don't have the time to research the stuff...

Just want to buy a xbox and download games from internet.. burn them on a dvd.. and play. Maybe buy a DVD from palika and play.

tazzi

Disciple
Jan 23, 2011
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mib2_007 said:
Just want to buy a xbox and download games from internet.. burn them on a dvd.. and play. Maybe buy a DVD from palika and play.
Quite right, this is what most of us do :bleh:

fatjivi

Disciple
Nov 6, 2010
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
well this xbox's dvd drive is jammed...if u have a solution for that then plz buy it by all means :p

mib2_007

Disciple
Jan 24, 2008
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
ok... good enough... by jammed means that a replacement drive won't work too or what?? Can't we get it repair at microsoft service center??

Status
Not open for further replies.