Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

Got my Intel Core 2 Extreme laptop CPU today via Hong Kong Post, total time after shipping was 10 days including two-three days it took for coming from Mumbai to Nagpur.

WP_20170310_23_54_51_Pro.jpg

my last 3 shipments got from ChinaPost registered Airmail
2 arrived in 14 days to my 2nd tier city ,last one got today in 10 days from china
check att

Attachments

• ali.jpg
    ali.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 299
The tracking page is showing "Record item customs information (Inb),Air,CED KOLKATA,Retention reason : Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner" from 1st April. Should I need to worry or just wait?

The tracking page is showing "Record item customs information (Inb),Air,CED KOLKATA,Retention reason : Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner" from 1st April. Should I need to worry or just wait?

You need to do both: Worry and Wait. What is the product and what USD value have you given?

You need to do both: Worry and Wait. What is the product and what USD value have you given?
It's a memory card, and I don't know the given USD value, but it's not above Rs.1500. The seller said "hi friend please do not worry, we send by personal"!

It's a memory card, and I don't know the given USD value, but it's not above Rs.1500. The seller said "hi friend please do not worry, we send by personal"!

Memory card is a small shipment, so the only reason may be the declared shipment value, i always instruct the seller to declare small value between 4-8 USD. So, far have not been charged any duty.

Memory card is a small shipment, so the only reason may be the declared shipment value, i always instruct the seller to declare small value between 4-8 USD. So, far have not been charged any duty.
Then I will wait till next week. One of my other parcel is also showing the same statement, maybe there are too many parcels and less officials for check and clearance?

That's normal, Also no need to worry just wait for the next update to show, Also you may be charged some customs duty.

Then I will wait till next week. One of my other parcel is also showing the same statement, maybe there are too many parcels and less officials for check and clearance?

Only parcels which end up getting charged customs duty get held up for many days, otherwise normal shipments get cleared within 2 days. After receiving the product, do post the amount of import duty you paid and also what was the USD value on the shipment. Will be helpful for other members in future.

Only parcels which end up getting charged customs duty get held up for many days, otherwise normal shipments get cleared within 2 days. After receiving the product, do post the amount of import duty you paid and also what was the USD value on the shipment. Will be helpful for other members in future.

Bought a firewall from China. Cost me some 150 USD - advice given by @silverbyte. Cost me 2K in customs. Shipped by DHL. Was marked as TV box.

@cyberwarfare

Bought a firewall from China. Cost me some 150 USD - advice given by @silverbyte. Cost me 2K in customs. Shipped by DHL. Was marked as TV box.

@cyberwarfare

You cannot escape import duty with DHL, Fedex, Aramex and other private couriers. Get the products shipped via registered post air mail like Hong Kong or China registered air mail or EMS and if the shipment is not given a high value, there will not be any customs charged.

You cannot escape import duty with DHL, Fedex, Aramex and other private couriers. Get the products shipped via registered post air mail like Hong Kong or China registered air mail or EMS and if the shipment is not given a high value, there will not be any customs charged.

Assume I order via China Registered Mail, and there is a customs issue, then how to pay?

Back