CPU/Mobo AMD Ryzen CPUs launched

I'm running 1&3. However it doesn't matter! You can use 2&4 as well. Major issues still exist with dual rank modules. With single rank like yours, things will be silky smooth.
My kit seems to be working in single channel mode whereas this is specced at dual channel.Will be tuning and testing RAM today.CPU overclocking will be done on the weekend hopefully.

Thats weird! Make sure the rams are in same colored slots for dual channel.
This seems to be wrong doesn't it?
20170815_193507.jpg

Hey Marcus congrats on the purchase.

Md computers told that gskill rgb willbe in stock. Waiting for them[DOUBLEPOST=1502816168][/DOUBLEPOST]Btw generally 2 and 4 are recommended slots in asus motherboards I have used earlier for ram slots even for the current one too

Hey Marcus congrats on the purchase.

Md computers told that gskill rgb willbe in stock. Waiting for them[DOUBLEPOST=1502816168][/DOUBLEPOST]Btw generally 2 and 4 are recommended slots in asus motherboards I have used earlier for ram slots even for the current one too
Did you ask Palash the model number?
The F4-3200C16D-16GTZR which seems to be the usual suspect has Hynix die.

https://www.primeabgb.com/online-pr...3200mhz-16gb-ddr4-led-ram-f4-3200c16d-16gtzr/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/62vp2g/clearing_up_any_samsung_bdie_confusion_eg_on/[DOUBLEPOST=1502828549][/DOUBLEPOST]
^^Just make sure you are on the 1403 or later bios. With samsung ram, yes it is that easy. Unfortunately I do not have samsung ram :(.

Edit: Change your tRC manually to 48 (tRP+tRAS). The difference between the stock tRC(73 in that screenshot) to 48 is going to be massive! Easily 2-3% fps improvement in games.

Done captain...:D

upload_2017-8-16_1-52-28.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
Killer deal that. Would have bought it in a heartbeat if I were buying it now.

I'd tap that board too, but is there a case for the 1700x, I would rather get the 1700 or the 1600. Any use case why the regular user would opt for the X model?

Only C14 is guaranteed to be Samsung b-die. Rest are all hynix.

The combo is the factor though.You pay 25k for a 1700 and 19k for a Taichi on their own which is 44k in total but for 2.5k more you get a 1700X which is 5k more than the non X model.

It is a classic deal pricing which entices you to scale up a bit for more value although you might end up not using it.

As to the 1600 it is the best VFM chip for gaming but for my Handbrake usage which scales well with cores the 8 core seemed the way to go

I'd still recommend getting the CPU from abroad - AMD has international warranty on their CPUs. I got the 1700 for 270USD + tax, net around 20k all inclusive. If you can go the US route, I think it's the best thing to do.

Well Marcus, I cannot see C14 Gskill RGB rams anywhere, all are C16 only.

:(

What about this one?

Corsair CMR16GX4M2C3466C16

https://www.mdcomputers.in/corsair-...6gb-ddr4-dram-3466mhz-cmr16gx4m2c3466c16.html

Palash cannot confirm on model number until and unless those hit the store.

I am also looking for Sound Blaster Z, any source to get it?[DOUBLEPOST=1502892894][/DOUBLEPOST]I tried getting some things from abroad, sound card, cold cathode tubes and fan controller but shipping cost and import duty is killing the deal, tried all of the following - frozencpu, newegg global and amazon global :(

Back