Another Thread for Career help! :|

Rahul++

SuperUser
Skilled
I've got admission in B.E. Computer Science, but some of my friends saying its useless after 4 years... I mean then, there will be very tight market for B.E.CIans..

I am totally confused now.. Should I change the trade on 2nd year to ExTC or Mech?? I am totally helpless now.. I have fixed admission by giving Leaving Certificate and other docs to my college.. Now I can't take part in other CAP process.

So, can anyone predict the condition for B.E. Comp Sci. Engineers after 4 years?

Please.. Thats essential. :huh:

^ Don't talk in Puzzle guys.. I really need detailed thing.. Should I go with same trade???

Any good job potential after 4 year?

LoL @ Chaos' comment.. good one..
@Rahul: Comps are here to stay. :)
But from another point of view, look at what REALLY interestes you in life. I took up my engg., coz it felt good. but ultimately switching fields later and in an unsatisfying job, it makes me wish i took up Sound and Audio engg. and become a sound engg for recording studios :(

@rahul

its all about ur interest man... if u like computers love technology...comp sci is the branch for u....

The day comp sci becomes obsolete would be the day we go back to stone age maybe after a nuclear war

Its a sound choice.... try to becoming active in ACM and develop ur programming skills.... and u will have a good career ahead...

Also MBA after BE is always thr :bleh:

^^ See, I have lots of interests in Web Developing and Gaming Section.. But unfortunately no Degrees for such courses here.. I took Computer Science..

I am planning to complete Computer Science and then learn Animation and Web developing in US...

yeah man even if you look today potential wise the maximum potential lays with electronics and computing... however computer science still steals away all the glory, the best packages and what not at a majority of collges... Even if you dont like your field after four years, you can specialize in something else which pleases you :p

dude C.S has opportunity's all time (but u need to study good forget the % be good at programming ) and +10 to chaos reply
PS: i did my IT engg ,hated programming to the core:mad:

^ well i have seen mech guys who were crazy abt programming get placed in software companies with high packages because of programming skills....

they sucked in mech subjects though :bleh:

if you want to get into IT industry or pursue MBA - engg is the best option

U cant predict what will happen after 4 years...but certainly BE is much better than any other science grps..

Which branch u choose doesn't matter much, unless it Mech/Civil (ie to get into IT) - there can be exceptions too

I am an ECE graduate working in SAP :)

If you put in good efforts and become proficient in progamming / aptitude & problem solving...then you have no reason to worry

ok, what kinda job we can have after B.E. Computer Sci.??

I heard best way is doing Electronics and Telecommunication... You can do job in any kind of company...

SOft Engg.. and related ..

You can get better future in Politics ... why don't you jump in there :p Man settle your mind on what you have decided ! :) BE is just great for Comp guys :)

+1 to what vince said; do what you enjoy, but be willing to accept that your interests may change in time. i did mech in my undergrad...doing it now in my post grad...and i suddenly realize i hate it. terrible timing...and people look at me like im crazy...but thats life.

Dude, the sector outlook remains positive despite the downtrend. IT majors are continuing to recruit in mass numbers this year - that's a really positive sigtn.

Back