Apple September Event Thread

I am going for iphone plus. But no fricking way going to stand on the line. Will take my sweet week or 2 after it is released.

The biggest selling point to me is the 128GB model. This means I can sell my ipod touch finally. :) and have 1 device. :D

Go stand in line. Buy 2. Sell the other one for profit. Get yours for the price of a normal android flagship. Enjoy and thank me later.[emoji12]

I have Nexus 7 to watch my TV series and if I wanted to keep only a single device for mobile calls and video as well, I would definitely go for the 6 plus.
But then as of now, I am ok with using my wonderfully working (and super reasonably priced) Nexus 7 2012 and my awesome iPhone 4S.
If I had extra cash lying around (which I don't), I would get the plus in a breath.
Hope wifey doesn't want a new iPhone. :p
She gave me the biggest gift of my life (my son) so i think she is gonna ask for a gift now :p

I am going for iphone plus. But no fricking way going to stand on the line. Will take my sweet week or 2 after it is released.

The biggest selling point to me is the 128GB model. This means I can sell my ipod touch finally. :) and have 1 device. :D
^^bhai kitni salary hai aapki :eek:
I heard 128gb iphone+ costs around $999. :rage:
Hum to bas soch kar he apple ki burai karne lagte hain :p:D

He is in Amrika so he can buy that. It is not like in India we have to spend one entire salary or more than that for the iPhone. In US you are probably looking at spending 1/5th or 1/4th of your monthly salary for the phone.

He is in Amrika so he can buy that. It is not like in India we have to spend one entire salary or more than that for the iPhone. In US you are probably looking at spending 1/5th or 1/4th of your monthly salary for the phone.

Still 1000 bucks is a huge amount for me. Even if I am in Amruca. :). For me, It means I wont be going for any vacations this year. No thanksgiving or Christmas holidays. Sit home and fiddle with the stupid phone.
Anyways, its winter here. So....

As i said, you are talking something without having any experience of so called high specd and the iphone... I'm giving the facts based on my experience in the iphone 5, s4+ and Lumia 1020... please read my post once again. Random force closes.. in which century you are? oh.. intuitive feel? Have you used iOS dialer? it doesn't even have the basic T9 prediction... And you are talking about intuitive..how great it is :)
Sorry to reveal it to you, but may be your century is far beyond mine, I still have random force closes for some apps (some people find it easy to ignore these when they see one) on my Nexus 5. Oh yeah Nexus 5 might be an old phone and not high spec'd either to you. So was my note 2 (which i preordered), the s3 (preordered on release) and also the SGS (in that era). If so, no comments.

PS:: Nexus5 vs S4 is another topic to debate and I am not getting into it.

I dont want to name the apps that are better than what we have in both platforms. But still if you want to name a few - integrated mail app, calendar or the apple store itself was much better on IOS for me than on droids.

I find an integrated mail more useful than the T9 on dialer. Everyone has their own requirements.

^^

I agree completely. As of now my primary phone is Note 3 N9005 with a 128GB class 10 mSD. It is laggy and shitty has hell. Until last week, it took few seconds just to unlock the phone. I mean, when I type my password, the keystrokes were not read. But I kept getting the haptic feedback. And my other phones here are Galaxy Nexus S and Galaxy Grand 2. Grand 2 is ancient. Nexus S already showing its age of life. I mean, these are not the normal cheap phones.

Back home I have a Nexus 4 and Grand 1. Same story. Androids fly the first few months in vanilla. After that I need to start fiddling with them to keep it running smooth. And I dont want to do that. Once I buy, let it be stable.[DOUBLEPOST=1410361545][/DOUBLEPOST]And quality of apps, I am not even getting into that. I mean how is GMail official app gives me a better UI transition's in iOS than in Android. How?

I have Nexus 7 to watch my TV series and if I wanted to keep only a single device for mobile calls and video as well, I would definitely go for the 6 plus.
But then as of now, I am ok with using my wonderfully working (and super reasonably priced) Nexus 7 2012 and my awesome iPhone 4S.
If I had extra cash lying around (which I don't), I would get the plus in a breath.
Hope wifey doesn't want a new iPhone. :p
She gave me the biggest gift of my life (my son) so i think she is gonna ask for a gift now :p
Dude.. Are u talking about me here?

Wife's given me my gift - a daughter, I wanted to buy her one are both matching here.

However as I said, I am closely watching for the prices and based on the screen size she prefers, I might get her a 5s or 6. She definitely will avoid a 5.5 screen.[DOUBLEPOST=1410362019][/DOUBLEPOST]
And quality of apps, I am not even getting into that. I mean how is GMail official app gives me a better UI transition's in iOS than in Android. How?

Sorry, thats not intuitive. :p Having a T9 dialer is, though :)

Last edited:
But still if you want to name a few - integrated mail app, calendar or the apple store itself was much better on IOS for me than on droids
You talked about intuitive?? so i gave an example of what is called intuitive... and if you still say, integrated mail app is more intuitive than any other app... then i dont know the reason for why lot of ios users using mailbox... My personal experience is, i dont remember when i had last force close in my phone... If you install some buggy app or rooted...then you cannot blame android!!!

You talked about intuitive?? so i gave an example of what is called intuitive... and if you still say, integrated mail app is more intuitive than any other app... then i dont know the reason for why lot of ios users using mailbox... My personal experience is, i dont remember when i had last force close in my phone... If you install some buggy app or rooted...then you cannot blame android!!!
Come out to the reality and u will see the most of the apps with 1 million + downloaded apps still FC's and if the app is to be blamed, so is the eco system that resides such apps. One latest example i can give u is candy crush.

And by your example, do u define having a T9 on dialer as intuitive compared to all the examples i gave? And did u see others mentioning gmail itself being better on IOS?

As I said, everyone has their opinion and comfort they look for. For me being precise, better transitions, smooth (lag free) and literally no FC is intuitive.

Feel free to use this to find the best smart dialer you like for your iPhone - http://appcrawlr.com/ios-apps/best-apps-smart-dialer

Saw this on FB. But please don't start android vs iphone wars.

10599334_962276217162080_6986535385822968660_n.jpg

As I said, everyone has their opinion and comfort they look for. For me being precise, better transitions, smooth (lag free) and literally no FC is intuitive.
I agree everyone has their opinion, no questions on that... but first experience it and then express it.. dont talk theories... Since you used nexus 5... Now if possible, try to use iphone for a month and express/compare the intuitiveness which you are talking now.[DOUBLEPOST=1410363768][/DOUBLEPOST]
Most of the droids have smart dialers not HTC alone.

PS:: Just so that someone is looking for this info
HTC sense was the first introduced that.. in fact they had some part in windows 6.1 based phone itself. I guess most of the androids has T9 alone.. but htc dialer adds little extra.

I agree everyone has their opinion, no questions on that... but first experience it and then express it.. dont talk theories... Since you used nexus 5... Now if possible, try to use iphone for a month and express/compare the intuitiveness which you are talking now.[DOUBLEPOST=1410363768][/DOUBLEPOST]
HTC sense was the first introduced that.. in fact they had some part in windows 6.1 based phone itself.
Alright I told you what I look for. Now that u are a first hand user, tell me which of them does iPhone lacks? Asking it here just so that people who are looking for this kinda compared info will be benefitted.

Back