Apple September Event Thread

Quality control on an Apple thread...who would've 'thunk' it? Some of you need to buy a rapidex advanced edition too.

As far as the announcements go the phones look decent, pricing is as expected (international). The Watch seems a little underwhelming, but with Apple the 1st generation of products always just give you a taste of things while the 2nd generation shines. Would love to see the reaction of all my friends who complain about the size of Android phones.

Even folks at OnePlus are having some fun
uploadfromtaptalk1410315451191.jpg

They are having a giveaway for sandstone 64gb.

I wished for a better camera,just adding OIS to 5s is all that they did in a year. Duh. I dont know if it will be a worthy upgrade or not. I`m seriously thinking of getting a Note 3 Snapdragon from US or a Note 4.

thinking of camera, my phone already has 21mp (z1 compact) and clicks some really good photos. I am really disappointed at this point. because they did not release anything that is interesting. I think I will keep my one plus one.

In earlier page it is mentioned that september 26 availability in India for iPhone 6 but the apple india page says Available 17 October
Don't understand the logic behind dropping the 32GB Model. I mean why not keep 32GB as base instead. But nah, greedy apple won't do it.
Watch - Doesn't look like an apple product to me. No mention of battery life or wireless charging stuff (except somee magsafe like connector). UI looks good.

Btw iPhone 4S, I love you even more now. Please do not die on me. :p

its releasing on 19sep 8am here. but I have a flight to catch at 9:30 to india. I could've flashed my new iphone in everyone's face in India lol. I will try to see if its available at the airport duty free shop though.

I was really impressed by the iwatch. The thing has been thought deep and thoroughly. Although there will still be genuine niggles and complaints when its launched, that will give apple incentive to correct the flaws in the second edition. I have a feeling it will eventually get adopted in huge nos ( of course in us only).

Reddit discusses how iPod had 2k+ reactions to iPod release back in the day in Macrumors, it's a gold mine :p:

"Great just what the world needs, another freaking MP3 player. Go Steve! Where's the Newton?!"
"All that hype for an MP3 player? Break-thru digital device? The Reality Distiortion Field™ is starting to warp Steve's mind if he thinks for one second that this thing is gonna take off."
"20GB hard drive: $199 from APS tech."
"We live in the YEAR 2001... not 6000 years from now when ridiculously awsome technology will exist. No other mp3 player has a harddrive like this... 5gigs... **** yeah."
"I'd call it the Cube 2.0 as it wont sell, and be killed off in a short time...and it's not really functional."
"I have no use for an Mp3 player. My house has a CD player. My car has a CD player. My Mac has a CD player I don't use headphones. The iPod requires me to change my lifestyle to meet it's needs...I need round holes, not square holes. For $99 I might buy the toy, for $399? Why? Doesn't a Mac with a CDR undermine the need for most of this? All that's left is the number of songs you can play and the ability to listen to all of them with headphones anywhere. Do I really need ALL my songs ALL the time?

uhm, no.

Won't last. Another Cube"

"Sounds very revolutionary to me. hey - heres an idea Apple - rather than enter the world of gimmicks and toys, why dont you spend a little more time sorting out your pathetically expensive and crap server line up? or are you really aiming to become a glorified consumer gimmicks firm?"

"Obviously, this crowd will only be happy when Apple is giving away kick-ass PDAs for with MP3 record/playback and a built-in world phone for free. Get a clue. Get a life."

"I have a cd walkman and a burner already, and besides that now that I don't have a dotcom job anymore I need that $400 to pay car payments and rent."

Simply disappointed with Apple over every product launched yesterday !!

I was expecting some innovation, but seems copying of design from some HTC models and ridiculous design of Apple watch, I liked even Galaxy S watch better than it.

What they are doing over an year, just including HD and FHD resolution in iphone 6 and 6+, when other flagships are packing QHD screens, suprisingly good camera and with numerous sensors for health.

Edit: Just saw meme from HTC group, expecting this.
http://blog.gsmarena.com/htc-takes-gentle-swing-iphone-6-family-twitter/

Last edited:
^it's difficult for them to innovate every time, because nothing is left out by others... Read as Samsung :)

I expect, they are going to introduce wrist bands in the next product launch, which was already done by xiaomi :)

Back