Apple Unveils iPhone 5 ,4" Display , 7.6mm thick , 2x faster Processor & More

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
Apple has finally unveiled the much anticipated new iPhone and its called iPhone 5 .

ip5c.jpg
ip52.jpg

Its made entirely of glass and aluminium and just 7.6mm thick , 18% thinner than iPhone 4S and weighs 112 grams . The screen is 4 inch Retina Display with 16:9 aspect ratio with 1136x640 pixels resolution which maintains the same 326ppi as iPhone 4S and 4 . The touch is now built into display itself as a result of which the display is 30% thinner .

The processor is upgraded and it has Apple A6 processor which offers 2x faster performance than A5 , but is 22% smaller in size . The graphics performance has been doubled as well .

It also supports HDPA+, DC-HSPDA, and LTE connectivity , The Wi-Fi is dual band 802.11 a/b/g/n supporting 2.4GHz and 5GHz and speeds upto 150Mbps .

The camera which is dubbed iSight camera has 8MP sensor , 3264x2448 resolution with backside illumination , hybrid IR filter, five-element lens and f2.4 aperture. There is new dynamic low light mode giving better performance in low light .It captures images 40% faster than iPhone 4S . There is new panorama mode which stitches images giving 28MP image !

The battery life has been improved as well , it offers up to 8 hours of 3G talktime , 3G browsing. 8hrs LTE browsing, 10 hrs Wi-Fi browsing, 10 hrs video, 40 hours Music. 225 hrs of standby.

It has new dock connector which is called "Lighting" , has 80% smaller , 8 signal design . It can be plugged either way and is more durable than previous 30 pin connector .

The price has been kept same as the iPhone 4S , $199 for 16GB, $299 for 32GB, $399 for 64GB on contract . There will be no 128GB model .

Source ( live feed )

Will keep updating this thread as more info comes.

overall good, but was expecting slightly different design, they've been carrying the same design over three generations now. Also the display should have been 1280x720.

Not really attracting. No NFC Either. and no good features like the s3. Same old home screen. :ashamed:

Apple site updated as well but still no news on the contract free price. My guess 695$

Will wait for 2 things.
1) A full scale review on it ...expecting surprises like the new iPad.
2) Expecting a rain of cases against apple by samsung to take the bitter sweet revenge. :). So far S3 is thumbs up.

Saw the pin connector.. what are the chances of it breaking if handled improperly ?

This was being billed as the biggest hyped up iphone uncovering ever..
Seriously.. which conference of theirs isnt ? Everytime the hype is there... and with such 'improvements' coming close on the heels of the lawsuit against the rectangle shape.. i think consumers should sue samsung/htc if they let apple get away with LTE thing.

I am still unable to understand why everyone is saying samsung will sue apple on LTE and all. If samsung can sue apple then why they did not do when new iPad was launched ? It had an LTE version too right ?
Would appreciate if someone can enlighten me on this.

^^So that they can sue Apple for two products together I suppose. Apple has also recently purchased a lot of LTE patents, it will be interesting to see how this battle will turn out.

There was this time when every time there was a new Apple keynote, there would be something totally new and innovative. But now there are no surprises. Apple has just carried on the same old design with very little changes.

Back