Applying to WIPRO Sucks!!!

Yes, Indians indulge in an excessive amount of fraud and not just for getting the jobs with higher salaries using fake experience, but also afterwards while on the job which is why this demand for documentation and independent background checks has become a necessity for companies. Even after all the documentation and background checks by services companies , It has also become a very a common practice for client companies to do their own background check of the people being assigned to their projects because often the Indian services companies themselves have indulged in fraud to bloat the billing by bloating the experience level of the people assigned.

Okay, reference check for experience can be done. I remember a friend once joined HSBC from my first company (I was still there). His reference check failed for experience (The HR on the line gave incorrect joining/leaving dates). So I went to our PayRoll department, and got his duplicate salary slips stamped on a letter head, and mailed them to him. Which sufficed as an "experience letter" collectively. That is fine. But by doing a reference check, the former company will never tell about remuneration..? How is that beaten..?

Now most of these companies con us by giving variable pay. One company recently during their appraisal gave good raise in their salary but apparently they had ideas to snatch the money from the employees through variable pay. The variable pay which was 5% to 10% during previous year was suddenly hiked to 25% to 40% which was to be paid quarterly (that too only a small part) based on the performance review every quarter. They obviously structured the variable pay that max payout would be 80% only as the Managers would make sure that no one would get the 100% or more during performance review. Infact the salary remained the same or became less compared to previous year.

So are IT companies becoming so much greedy or are they operating without any ethics?

That is shockingly unbelievable. I always thought IT firms were the more lucrative option. I have primarily been associated with management consulting for the past 6-7 years, prior to that 7 years with ITeS; so might be spaced-out regarding the norms....! Why give a RS. 250 increment. Or even 2K. Might as well not even give it, it is at least not offensive.

But sadly true of companies like wipro or Patni. I have never heard of any others that handle increments in that manner. And yes, I agree that not getting an increment at all is not so bad as getting increments like this. its insulting. when my sister and other heard about the 250 Rs increment fromt the ex-Patni guy, they initially thought that it was a 3000 increase per year and 250 per month, but the guy apparently clarified that it was 250 per year and even showed some document to prove it.

Okay, reference check for experience can be done. I remember a friend once joined HSBC from my first company (I was still there). His reference check failed for experience (The HR on the line gave incorrect joining/leaving dates). So I went to our PayRoll department, and got his duplicate salary slips stamped on a letter head, and mailed them to him. Which sufficed as an "experience letter" collectively. That is fine. But by doing a reference check, the former company will never tell about remuneration..? How is that beaten..?

Salary slips and some times accompanied by bank statement of salary account. I have even seen Form 16 being used as proof. Some companies also use professional services for background verification. They will have the necessary networking with universities and companies to get the job done.

Going by the job posting's grammar, i don't think the min 50% cut-off works over there.

Also, in my job hunting days the most documentation ever asked of me was last 3 months pay-slips which is pretty standard.

Just yesterday I went for another weekend walk-in drive in an mnc.
But as always its a waste of full day as more than 150 candidates appear for such drive.
Positions were opened for multiple technologies both software and system incl. java, .net, android, system, network etc.

There were 2 technical rounds for each position.
My 1st round lasted about 50 mins and it was great xp. with lots of live scenario based questions & the interviewers were also very humble, supportive & impressed with my explanations and tackling tricky scenarios.
And thus got selected for 2nd round which got conducted after an hour. :)

Now this interviewer was a fed-up kinda sardar who looked pretty negative and harsh right from start itself.
He i'viewed me as if was interrogating for some crime right from education to work exp. He even doubted if I reside in this city or not.
He doubted my work xp and talent as well.

What that a** h* was trying to prove don't know. But still I kept my calm and tired impressing him the way I could. In short it was a waste and crap i'view with just negativity & harshness around.

Here are some sample questions I recall he threw at me-
"Ans me honestly dont fake anything ok. (as if I've done some fraud or m a terrorist or ISI agent):peeking:
Tumne aisa kya fadu kiya aajtak batao on job jo karne mein sabse maza aya hoga. (slept with all HRs):p
Tumne aajtak c2h pe hi kam kyu kiya? (coz people like you never hire people like us!):(
You did PG in 2k13 lets see what u did from 2k5 then.
(was plotting your murder plan):jimlad:
Have you worked on this n that etc. If not then why not?
(coz thats my choice):cool:
Have you ever tried working in a BPO? (now why the hell shall I do that?):banghead:

He asked coz in my last co. we were given Vna training which was essential for every employee incl. all managers. So he thought I'm bpo employee. (blind man cant even read my cv that theres nowhere any bpo mentioned). I said its a mandatory training given to all employees there.:meh:

He kept asking me on technology and stuff I havent worked on yet. But I did gave proper answers as much as I know about it theoretically. And said having no practical exposure but m willing to work on the same.
Also when I answer anything perfectly, he again use to throw illogical queries on them just to show that my ans was wrong and he he some kind of jackass superior sitting in front of me.:rage:

I did realized that this guy who takes level 2 i'views in fact possesses either rough knowledge or some kind of show-off and hence he was trying to overpower me for no fault. He doesnt even deserves to take iviews of even a pan wallah outside.:banhappy::blackeye:

Finally this shit iview ended and he said if I get selected I will have a client side iview as well in a vc later this week. I will get a call to modify my cv by including stuff I don't know to impress the client. And also learn on some stuff I will be asked for.:confused:

Before leaving I asked him how urgent is the joining if selected and he again..
Why ? You want holidays & vacations? It's a very urgent opening ok.:wtf:

Well this SOB is seriously having some behavioral issue or may be he is some sort of psycho for sure.:brb:

And then finally after 3.6hrs waiting after my 2nd round, at around 7pm the final list came from HR and I was told I didn't qualify for the HR round alongwith 19 people from my technology who all got disqualified. Thats again shocking.:wtf:

Now that's very very frustrating, in spite of wasting a whole day this is what you get.:stop:

And while leaving I saw the same sardar taking a sardar candidate from my technology who made it to the final HRF round. And yes this was the only guy who got selected for that particular technology when we inquired the HR.:rage:
Now this is really very biased on face of we candidates. :drowning:I wished I could have slapped that idiot sardar for this shit and what he did to me as well :banghead:

I meet some candidates outside who too were very disappointed the way their i'views went. And yes the sardar i'viewed some of them and he insulted them on their faces as well. This is way too much. WTF these interviewers think of themselves??

Candidate is supposed to be asked questions on what he has worked on and not something he have no knowledge about and this is always discussed during I'view start. Which did happened in my 1st round.

Also if a wrong candidate has appeared for an i'view he is told that they aren't looking for such technology rather than interviewing and insulting the candidate and make him feel embarrassed.
And this happened yesterday when 2-3 candidates were chosen by some agency for the position which didnt matched the cos. requirements. So they politely sent back.

Finally after appearing to 5 failed weekend drives I will never ever again in my lifetime be a part of it. Its a sheer waste of a day, your knowledge, patience & your valuable time.:facepalm:
Many candidates have to return back without any iview, disappointed at a days loss. :oops:

Last edited:
Sorry to ask in the thread but don't want to make new thread just for this, I am not into jobs world and a trader in stocks by profession.

My cousin got married in USA with this Indian girl.

Cousin working in TCS and on work visa there and same for the girl. Maybe in other company, I don't know

I don't know how it happened so fast, and I think it has something to do with some USA citizenship or something like that........... Is it? Or some other benefits?

Sorry to ask in the thread but don't want to make new thread just for this, I am not into jobs world and a trader in stocks by profession.

My cousin got married in USA with this Indian girl.

Cousin working in TCS and on work visa there and same for the girl. Maybe in other company, I don't know

I don't know how it happened so fast, and I think it has something to do with some USA citizenship or something like that........... Is it? Or some other benefits?

Come again?

Why companies does so much background check?
- because there are various agencies (in B'lore I came across few) which provide 'fake' experience certificate, salary slip etc. For salary payment in to the bank account, candidate need to pay cash them and they would put them in Bank account as salary. (I know because my friend got mixed up with one during the 2008/09 period - lost almost 1L)
But again, is the background check foolproof !! I doubt that - I know a guy working in ***** compnay, left job, did nothing for almost 2 years (aka IAS prep), now in *** (biggest employer) - cleared background check with fakes from some company where his uncle is some MD or something.

Is 'wipro' that bad?
- My experience isn't that bad. I worked for a nice project (for Sony) with a great team (in Kolkata it was). But yeah, money wise they are worse though. My colleague at wipro who's there from the begining, had same exp but got half of my CTC after 5 years.
I had to leave wipro because of my manager in 2nd project.

Why all Indian biggies suck overall?
- Incompetent people - on every level. On the appraisal form, there's hardly 2/3 section (with combined wieghtage not exceeding 25%) which focus on actual 'technical' stuffs and remaining 'goals' spans over craps like - communication skill, punctuality, dress code adherence, time sheet timeliness, making some useless 'plagiarized' documents which none bothers to read, leaves taken (long leave = bad rating, its default rule) etc etc.
And because of such 'goals' its easier to sustain without adequate technical knowledge, and I have seen/met people with questionable knowledge getting decent rating. And of course vice versa - people getting bad rating because of bad english, not coming to office on 'stated' time or taking 'earned' leaves.

Employees never given option to choose technology/project of their interest, but always forced into things. My friend's roommate working in Infosys given Hadoop training, made to work in IT Infrastructure/helpdesk team.
But why not asked for project change ? Becasue its normally a compnay policy to force employee to work on some project at least for 18 months before employee can 'ask' to be reassigned, which again left to discretion of the managers whether to relase or retain someone. So, bottomline its easier to leave the compnay than to getting released and reassigned to project of choice.

Also, I wouldn't advise going for weekend 'mega' drives of these Indian biggies.
Because, mostly the people on the interview panel are 'forced' to come on weekend for the drive and aren't even given the 'lunch'.
So if you come on weekend drives, come prepared to face those 'angry' guys who would rather waste the day on the couch or mall, then to properly evaluating the candidate.
Plus, walkin means = crowd = time waste.

If given option choose for interview on working days. And prefare face-to-face than telephonic.

ps: I am interviewing for my project these days. Mostly sitting on panel with other guys. I am finding it quite amusing and frustrating too, when guys on the panel normally seek to find what that candidate doesn't know instead of evaluating what (s)he knows or worked on.

Last edited:
Do we Indians do this much fraud....?
Oh yes, we do. Please do not underestimate us.[DOUBLEPOST=1431342615][/DOUBLEPOST]
Bank of America gets background verification done by 3 independent sources while hiring in India. This is because those verification companies are also usually Indian and they don't trust a single one to give a reliable report.
Made me chuckle, lol.

Last edited:
Yeah I too get such emails in inbox for getting duplicate fake salary slips and experience letters.
Just to inquire I called that guy from bangalore and he said from which co. you want the xp letters from and I was like wtf??:confused: Is he all India head of all cos here???:eek:

Also, the rate depends on how many years of experience you have.

Usual rate is full 1.5 months salary with some advance payment. This may go up well up to 3 months salary to be paid to him.

And he guarantees that we will never be caught or will ever look anything fake in the documents provided etc.:peeking:

I said I will think upon it and will reply. ;)

Why companies does so much background check?
- because there are various agencies (in B'lore I came across few) which provide 'fake' experience certificate, salary slip etc. For salary payment in to the bank account, candidate need to pay cash them and they would put them in Bank account as salary. (I know because my friend got mixed up with one during the 2008/09 period - lost almost 1L)
But again, is the background check foolproof !! I doubt that - I know a guy working in ***** compnay, left job, did nothing for almost 2 years (aka IAS prep), now in *** (biggest employer) - cleared background check with fakes from some company where his uncle is some MD or something.
This ^ @asingh and anyone asking about fraud. There are shell companies (yes, you heard it outside TV/Movies :) ) whose sole purpose is to do this. Its not really safe but people wanting jobs do this.
I knew someone from Wipro ;) who cleared the check, worked for 7yrs, but got caught. Shell company which provided his forms was blacklisted after 7yrs due a new employee. The HR then did a mass search for related profiles and banned him. He was still a good resource so my manager tried to help him but to no avail. No one was ready to touch him after that.
Employees never given option to choose technology/project of their interest, but always forced into things. My friend's roommate working in Infosys given Hadoop training, made to work in IT Infrastructure/helpdesk team.
But why not asked for project change ? Becasue its normally a compnay policy to force employee to work on some project at least for 18 months before employee can 'ask' to be reassigned, which again left to discretion of the managers whether to relase or retain someone. So, bottomline its easier to leave the compnay than to getting released and reassigned to project of choice.
Happened with me when I had joined Infy. Manager was pretty adamant so left 1 month later.

Btw, I have seen job opening on Quikr and Olx too, the "bech de" (selling) types. Pay 2 lakhs and get into Polaris etc.

Btw, I have seen job opening on Quikr and Olx too, the "bech de" (selling) types. Pay 2 lakhs and get into Polaris etc.

Yeah, I heard about those too. They claim to somehow rigging the interview process by buying the HR or Managers.
But never met success case though, but duped - Yes. :D

Back