Bank's customer Relationship officer visiting homes?

swatkats

Skilled
This happened with a friend of mine.

He got a call yesterday from some numbers claiming to be ICICI customer relationship officer.

Woman on the phone was like we wanted to pay you a visit, when he asked what was the purpose?

We wanted to talk and shall visit after working hours. That was strange, i with him visited the branch to enquire, turns out to be a Genuine call.

The cashier there who is alloted few customers is taking of customer's concerns and will visit their homes.

Well thats entirely strange, paying visit to homes. Has any such thing happened to you?

Post demonetisation, the RBI issued a notice that all banks must offer doorstep services to account holders over the age of 70. They are probably using the same people who make these home visits to canvas for loans etc. from other customers in the area. Having people solely for home visits of elderly account holders is not fiscally feasible by itself. This is probably being done to help offset some of those costs.

This is pretty normal. If you have a moderately high value account, they will assign a personal relationship manager and that person is required to interact with the customer on a regular basis As an RM, they are being paid for that and sometimes banks take feedback too. The RM knows that you might not always be interested in meeting them, but it is still their job. Its not with the sole intention of cross selling other products, but to protect high value accounts by ensuring good service. I have had a couple of occasions where I refused to meet RM citing busy work schedules and the RM asked me to say that we met if a feedback call comes.

This is pretty normal. If you have a moderately high value account, they will assign a personal relationship manager and that person is required to interact with the customer on a regular basis As an RM, they are being paid for that and sometimes banks take feedback too. The RM knows that you might not always be interested in meeting them, but it is still their job. Its not with the sole intention of cross selling other products, but to protect high value accounts by ensuring good service. I have had a couple of occasions where I refused to meet RM citing busy work schedules and the RM asked me to say that we met if a feedback call comes.

My icici rm didn't even have the decency to ask me. i was busy and told them i couldn't meet. Only when i got an email saying "thank you for meeting with xyz" did i know. Gave them a piece of my mind.

You kidding me? This is nothing. Even frauds happen from Bank's end. Bank employees are continuously monitoring everyone. You never watch Crime Petrol? A guy's father who passed away had 80L INR in his inactive savings account, so a bankend manager decided to defraud the guy by changing his registered address to that of her accomplice with the click of a button, and getting new ATM card, chequebook etc delivered to the new address and withdrawed the entire savings balance of his father. Anything is possible nowadays. It's not even safe to keep 10L in savings accounts, rather keep it in Long term non-withdrawable Fixed Deposits

Those frauds are usually done by the employees of IT services companies hired to build or manage the bank's back offices. In the past, TCS and Wipro employees have been guilty of the same. They identify accounts that have been dormant, but have decent amount of cash and change the address and have a debit card dispatched to the address and proceed to empty the account.

^ After friends visit, these guys have not bothered to call or visit homes.

Looks like customer visiting branch and speaking to manager might have started discussions internally! Lady was either interested in selling something or interested in the guy! ;)

rather keep it in Long term non-withdrawable Fixed Deposits

Even FD's can be tampered and money withdrawn. Bank employee can just update FD details in software, change signature, take a printout and withdraw money to the linked savings account and clean up and close the account within a week. Everything is digitally stored now and its not hard to fake something if you have access to the software. Even the banks fraud team wont know anything happened because the money is small by today's standards.

Post demonetisation, the RBI issued a notice that all banks must offer doorstep services to account holders over the age of 70. They are probably using the same people who make these home visits to canvas for loans etc. from other customers in the area. Having people solely for home visits of elderly account holders is not fiscally feasible by itself. This is probably being done to help offset some of those costs.
That could be a heavy security breach, are these officially bank people or people allocated by bank ?
One of my known old lady, staying alone in Andheri East... receives soo many calls (atleast 7+) per day..

She is using JIO on a normal phone..

Back