Best Tablet For Watching Movies ?

d33p

Disciple
Guys please suggest the Tablet which is best suited for watching movies.

I would go for one which supports the widest varieties of Video Formats.

Presently after a bit of research it seems that Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 supports the most video Formats.

But I would like to get more opinions before I make the decision.

Is there any other Tab that supports more video formats than Galaxy 2 10.1 ?

check out the Videocon VT10 Tab. Its the first 10 incher with a Rockchip Rk3066 Dual core 1.6Ghz CPU. Has a quad-core MALI GPU with 1Gb RAM. The rk3066 is similar in performance to the Samsung Exynos! Its priced at 11k. I bought one, and it is pretty good VFM !

Yes. as long as the hardware is capable enough.

What is your budget? Do you need a 7" or a 10" screen?

These are pretty decent choices for 7" and 10" respectively.

iberry Auxus CoreX2 3G Dual Core 1.6GHz Tablet + Phone 7" IPS 1GB RAM 3G SIM | eBay
iberry Auxus CoreX4 3G Quad Core 1.6GHz Tablet + Phone 9.7" IPS 2GB RAM 3G SIM | eBay

more than capable to play any video you throw at it.

Nice specs indeed...but I would like to see user reviews before making any decision. Also the ebay seller said he's not gonna provide Tax Invoice which is a red flag for me.

- - - Updated - - -

check out the Videocon VT10 Tab. Its the first 10 incher with a Rockchip Rk3066 Dual core 1.6Ghz CPU. Has a quad-core MALI GPU with 1Gb RAM. The rk3066 is similar in performance to the Samsung Exynos! Its priced at 11k. I bought one, and it is pretty good VFM !

How's the performance during HD movies playback ? The absence of SIM support is disappointing though.

I havent seen any HD movies yet.
There was the Gangham HD video pre-loaded and that plays brilliantly; i would guess partly due to the excellent IPS display panel on it (seems to definitely be better than the screen on my VAIO Fusion notebook)

How's the recently launched Spice Stellar Pad ? It has 10.1 inch 1280X700 IPS screen runs on JB and has battery of 7000 mah ? Seems pretty cool...also priced at 13K...only downside - no sim slot.

Nice specs indeed...but I would like to see user reviews before making any decision. Also the ebay seller said he's not gonna provide Tax Invoice which is a red flag for me.

The official site has it for ~11K, but pre-booking is over. This looks like a good deal. Has SIM slot too. No in built ear piece though.

The problem with the iberry Auxus Core X2 is the phenomenally low battery backup of about 4 hours during video playback. My Micromax Funbook P300 could compare to this. Even the standby is pathetic at about 1.5 days.

PS: I am not an owner, I was interested in this tablet and read a few reviews which say these numbers. Ofcourse these reviews said that the backup of 4 hours is awesome so take the reviews with a pinch of salt.

If your budget allows it, go for the Google Nexus 10. Has the perfect screen size and the best resolution for watching movies. There are so many apps which can play almost all the codes. I was planning to buy it but had to cut down on my budget due to some unplanned personal expenses and finally had to settle down for the 1st Generation iPad.:annoyed:

I did consider Nexus 10 actively but then I found that it doesn't have sim slot and memory card slot so dropped it.
Right now I am looking at the new Spice Stellar Pad Mi 1010....seems to have nice specs with good screen 1280X800...waiting for more reviews and user recomendations for the same.

I did consider Nexus 10 actively but then I found that it doesn't have sim slot and memory card slot so dropped it.
Right now I am looking at the new Spice Stellar Pad Mi 1010....seems to have nice specs with good screen 1280X800...waiting for more reviews and user recomendations for the same.

Well, the sim slot is a reduntant facility with most of them using Wifi hotspot from their smartphone. So wifi should be sufficient in most cases. The memory card issue can be easily overcome by buying a good mirco-usb OTG cable which can be used to attached any thumbdrive or memory card reader. I know its a bit cumbersome but should be worth the stellar screen that is on the N10. But if all these are hassles, you should go for something within a lesser budget and more functional like the models you have suggested above.

The problem with the iberry Auxus Core X2 is the phenomenally low battery backup of about 4 hours during video playback. My Micromax Funbook P300 could compare to this. Even the standby is pathetic at about 1.5 days.

PS: I am not an owner, I was interested in this tablet and read a few reviews which say these numbers. Ofcourse these reviews said that the backup of 4 hours is awesome so take the reviews with a pinch of salt.

stay away from i berry.posting user reviews.

got my corex2 3g today, horrible network detection, horrible rouchscreen latency, stay away if you want to play games or use 3g. btw very nice screen

Friends… Yesterday I received this Iberry Auxus X2 3G…

Worst Network detection
TouchScreen also Worst…..

Only Good is IPS Screen…….

So Dont Buy this TABLET…..

This is my HUMBLE Request friends……

It is Not Even 7000 worthy Tablet……

Please Friends Dont Compare with Asus Nexus 7 Tablet….. two tablets are two ends of a thread

i have a iberry ax03 and i had faced the same problems, poor gps, poor wifi, if someone calls through sim card the tablet does not ring until the other person has heard 8-10 full rings, and on the top of that very very poor screen quality. i had to send the tablet 5 times to service centre for repairing over 4 months.
so guys in short dont expect a miracle out of the new model.

Just a heads up I got an Ainol Crystal direct from Ainol Store and the latest batch has a TN screen and not IPS

Back