BSNL Billing error!!! Help!!!

Vij

Skilled
I recently took the BSNL unlimited 256kbps plan in Aug.

But BSNL has billed me according to the limited plan and has put up a whopping Rs 7,800 bill... Apparently, they have billed me according to their 2GB limited plan. How could this happen?

What can I do in such a situation? How should I approach this? Please advice :(

virus32win said:
How did you confirmed your self that your plan has been converted to unlimited ? Check this with billing period..
I sent my wife with the form filled.
At the BSNL office however she was told that there were 2 new plans - unlimited n unlimited plus. She asked the lady there to activate the unlimited plus plan which would come to around 900Rs all incl....

did you even check whether the Unlimited plan was activated before you started using the connection for unlimited plan? They usually take some time to activate your new plan

vij said:
I sent my wife with the form filled.

At the BSNL office however she was told that there were 2 new plans - unlimited n unlimited plus. She asked the lady there to activate the unlimited plus plan which would come to around 900Rs all incl....

Do you have photo copy of form/application in which unlimited plan applied? May be it was mistake from BSNL office in activating wrong plan.Go to BSNL office and check the original form/application for applied plan.If you find unlimited there then contact to local BSNL account officer, he will correct your bill accordingly.

buBleZ said:
^^ did you even check whether the Unlimited plan was activated before you started using the connection for unlimited plan?

Is that necessary?

The guy who came to connect told me that its the plan that I asked for and I dont need to do anything else...

I did get around 50-80kb/sec download sped on avg and sometimes 100kbs and over...I didnt suspect the worst as many do get bloated speeds...

I guess I am screwed here then...

@virus

No, I dont have the photocopy... My wife says it was just by communicated by word as the plan i ticked in the BSNL form was old...

I am pretty sure the BSNL office lady screwed us...

Godamn "adjust madi place" full of sh1t... I hate blr...or maybe i have myself to blame...

I dont think you'l have much problem with this, if you hav a xerox of the form take it and show them..Go to the bsnl portal and check which plan is activated..

thirdly you'l need to go to the accounts officer..or contact the divisional engineer...he's generally the main guy in the whole building..

vij said:
Is that necessary?
The guy who came to connect told me that its the plan that I asked for and I dont need to do anything else...
I did get around 50-80kb/sec download sped on avg and sometimes 100kbs and over...I didnt suspect the worst as many do get bloated speeds...
I guess I am screwed here then...
Stil you didnt figure out??
really..:no:
A xerox of the form is your only saviour..and act dumb ofcourse..say u dont understand how to calculate speed..say u paind for 256kbps and you get only 80kbps..(in reality KBPS..):lol:
Once you say this, thye wil in generall connect with you seeing all of them are noobs after all..

Party Monger said:
Stil you didnt figure out??
really..:no:
A xerox of the form is your only saviour..and act dumb ofcourse..say u dont understand how to calculate speed..say u paind for 256kbps and you get only 80kbps..(in reality KBPS..):lol:
Once you say this, thye wil in generall connect with you seeing all of them are noobs after all..
lol...will try that...

I was told everyone is getting high speeds as the server is near...
Anyways...Where can I check the plan asigned... BSNL portal??? please explain...

Don't be worry dear you not have to pay that much of amount just contact to the commercial officer there and ask him when did they change your plan (date) or wheather they change it till date or not.you can verify this from BBSERVICE.BSNL.IN in my orders.

they usually make note of the time you gave the application in a register...ask the lady to check out the register and then ask the accounting department to sort out the mess

Even if they slap the bill its highly unlikely they can do anything except for terminating your connection, if you don't pay up... Noone will be chasing you like those private players for the bill....

If BSNL received the form then you are saved provided you filled for the right plan (alteration).... Even they can digg that form for you if you don't have the xerox....

smAsh said:
Only a fool can say such thing in present world. :mad:

I agree, he has not met my wife. She wears the pants in this house. Whenever I have a bad situation such as the one of the OP of this thread I push my wife in front and let her do all the talking. :p

Made a file including the form, bill and complaint letter and filed it to the commercial officer...Il have to honor the bill for now...Hopefully they will credit the money. Hoping for the best...

Btw, my wife is pretty good at PR and handling these issues...:p

Although, I did find sids remark pretty funny.

Back