Buying from US - Best Deals - Discussion Thread

$678 $_$
@all those ppl who are experienced in bringing stuff from umurica, quick question, how many phones can one bring from the US. a friend said he would be bringing 3+1 so cant bring anymore phone but can bring other stuff. the reason he gave me was loss of stuff in kept in package and checking if kept to self. i really want that burst though. :/
tried looking for other deals but didnt find any of my liking.
does anyone know of any good deals on electronic item like tab? please give link if possible. thanks.

Answering this question properly is not really possible. You see one can throw away the boxes and all of a phone and can put the same in pockets and get it. When I came from USA, I had my ZTE blade which always had with me and along with that I got two iPhone in my jacket. No box or anything. Obviously my intention of getting in my pocket was to not raise any eyebrows from customs.
If all phones are going to be bought in box pack type condition then yes it may be difficult to squeeze more phones. Also customs will probably easily spot them.
It won't be good thing to keep them in check on luggage as it can be stolen so carry on luggage is the best bet.

So there are thieves in the US airports? :p
i did told him that he can forget the box but he said he already has too much phones to bring. i might as well migrate to umurica.

So there are thieves in the US airports? :p
i did told him that he can forget the box but he said he already has too much phones to bring. i might as well migrate to umurica.

Not necessarily USA. Anywhere, may be transit airport, may be Indian airport, it can be anywhere.

Answering this question properly is not really possible. You see one can throw away the boxes and all of a phone and can put the same in pockets and get it. When I came from USA, I had my ZTE blade which always had with me and along with that I got two iPhone in my jacket. No box or anything. Obviously my intention of getting in my pocket was to not raise any eyebrows from customs.
If all phones are going to be bought in box pack type condition then yes it may be difficult to squeeze more phones. Also customs will probably easily spot them.
It won't be good thing to keep them in check on luggage as it can be stolen so carry on luggage is the best bet.
My friend would be returning from the States, later this month. I've asked him to carry a couple of phones for me. What if he keeps the phones in his pocket and puts the boxes in his luggage. Will that be an issue? I really need the boxes.

My friend would be returning from the States, later this month. I've asked him to carry a couple of phones for me. What if he keeps the phones in his pocket and puts the boxes in his luggage. Will that be an issue? I really need the boxes.

Yes that would be an issue for sure..
You can't put smartphone in your every pocket and except them to not charge a custom..
Better avoid this route as if your friend stop by any officer regarding this issue, custom can ask for healthy fine too...

You can't put smartphone in your every pocket and except them to not charge a custom..
Better avoid this route as if your friend stop by any officer regarding this issue, custom can ask for healthy fine too...

Actually i have done this. But then i never had the boxes of the phones in any of my luggages. I threw them away (or never received when i bought the phone).

Actually i have done this. But then i never had the boxes of the phones in any of my luggages. I threw them away (or never received when i bought the phone).

I am saying if officer got suspicious and check his luggage, your scenario is different that what he is asking...

LOL! Scary. :p

So what would you suggest? Can't he just say that one phone is personal and the other is for work? Should he throw away the boxes?

You will be safe most probably with 2 phone if your friend don't have his pocket full already
He would be carrying his own phone with him. Also, what about the boxes? Do you suggest throwing them away? I really need the boxes as it helps with the resale.

Last edited:
Can you tell me more about this again? Say, he already has 3 phones in his hand luggage. What if i tell him to keep the phone (without the box) inside the cargo/check-in luggage? Actually the thefts incidents surprise me. :S

Can you tell me more about this again? Say, he already has 3 phones in his hand luggage. What if i tell him to keep the phone (without the box) inside the cargo/check-in luggage? Actually the thefts incidents surprise me. :S

Never put phones in check-in, it can get flicked. I would any day suggest throwing away the box. I know it helps in re-sale but i am not someone who keeps changing phones so i don't really care. I myself got 3 phones in my jacket's pocket while coming out of immigration and customs on Mumbai airport.
And i never had their boxes in any of my bags.

Never put phones in check-in, it can get flicked. I would any day suggest throwing away the box. I know it helps in re-sale but i am not someone who keeps changing phones so i don't really care. I myself got 3 phones in my jacket's pocket while coming out of immigration and customs on Mumbai airport.
And i never had their boxes in any of my bags.
Oh its not for resale so I wont mind sans the box.

Last edited:
Oh its not for resale thats why I'm I wont mind sans the box.
Then By all means go ahead. May be if there are additional accessories, tell your friend to put them in the check in bag or such. Changes of accessories getting flicked it far less. Just put one case over the phone and put the phone in pocket.
Your friend does not need to keep the phone in entire journey in pocket.
What he can do is, keep the phone in backpack etc while traveling and when he is about to reach the destination or after alighting from aircraft, put the phone in jacket / pant pocket etc.
Because at the exit all bags usually go through xray again, even backpack and small bags also.

Back