Buying from US - Best Deals - Discussion Thread

But that is not shipped by amazon.com themselves and cannot be shipped to India by the (i tried to add to cart and give Indian shipping address). Do you want it to get shipped to US address ?
That's the problem. Shipping cost will kill the deal. I want someone to bring it for me or at the least shipping cost possible. Using 3rd party groups is out of option.

That's the problem. Shipping cost will kill the deal. I want someone to bring it for me or at the least shipping cost possible. Using 3rd party groups is out of option.

You need to see if any of your friend / colleague / relative etc is coming to India.

Nope. Ppo sns are almost same now. Never used hsg so cant say.
Earlier ppo used to , i think, do some hanky panky in customs. So they were cheaper then. Now its all the same

Yes. Earlier used to pay 1500/2000 per phone. Now its 3000/3500
So basically I have to pay $100+3k? Thats around 6400+3000=9400? OMG!
how much will SnS charge me at actuals? 3k like above? i contacted them but havent received a reply yet.

Last edited:
Just got a moto x CDMA for a friend via hopshopgo .. Shipping with insurance cost 24$ and customs 1442.(1442 includes 350 DHL clearing fee, otherwise customs is 1090)..

Around 3k for shipping and customs...Phone reached Delhi in 3 days.. Including customs clearance and a Sunday.

Just got a moto x CDMA for a friend via hopshopgo .. Shipping with insurance cost 24$ and customs 1442.(1442 includes 350 DHL clearing fee, otherwise customs is 1090)..

Around 3k for shipping and customs...Phone reached Delhi in 3 days.. Including customs clearance and a Sunday.
Was the customs charged on the invoice or the market value? If you don't mind can I ask you, how much did you get the phone for?

I have asked few mods/admins whether i can open a thread to sell my GC balance but until i receive some sort of response i will try to bump this thread, may be once per week with this...

Can anyone suggest me some items from amazon.com which i can buy and then resell here or on olx etc, things which people will actually buy.
I am not going to sell to make a profit, in fact i would sell it for exactly the price i would pay on amazon.com (i will show screenshot of the amazon invoice if needed), it is just that i have amazon GC balance and want to convert it to INR.
So either i buy something and then resell at the same price to make this happen or if someone here wants to buy something from amazon.com can contact me and i can buy for them, get it shipped to their address and the person pays me in INR locally (bank transfer etc), direct dollar conversion, no extra charges.
Phones are good bet but amazon does not really sell much unlocked phones and if they do then they do not ship to India.

PS: Mods, I am not doing this for reselling for profit but just to convert my amazon GC balance into INR money. If this is a problem please let me know and i shall delete this post.

If this is not expected or Mods don't want me to do this, please let me know and i shall refrain from bumping this thread with this same message and keep it restricted to my signature (as I have it done now).

How much balance you have at Amazon @raksrules ?

Galaxy tab pro 8.4 can be sold easily I think
It's coming to 24k the last I checked 369$

As of now i have $678. Let me evaluate this option. I was checking Apple products (not shuffle etc but ipad mini and such) but many of them are not really shipped by amazon so no dice there. Google chromecast is also not being shipped to India anymore i believe.
Check my signature (in case it is not turned off in your settings).

As of now i have $678. Let me evaluate this option. I was checking Apple products (not shuffle etc but ipad mini and such) but many of them are not really shipped by amazon so no dice there. Google chromecast is also not being shipped to India anymore i believe.
Check my signature (in case it is not turned off in your settings).
$678 $_$
@all those ppl who are experienced in bringing stuff from umurica, quick question, how many phones can one bring from the US. a friend said he would be bringing 3+1 so cant bring anymore phone but can bring other stuff. the reason he gave me was loss of stuff in kept in package and checking if kept to self. i really want that burst though. :/
tried looking for other deals but didnt find any of my liking.
does anyone know of any good deals on electronic item like tab? please give link if possible. thanks.

Last edited:
Back