Buying PS3 :: Firmware dillemma

Very lucky I'd say. A March 2011 manufactured console must at least have had a 3.56 firmware pre-installed on it. Congrats on the console btw. ;)

REY619 said:
Whoa, lucky you!! xD

btw Congrats! :D

After how many days of ordering you received it?
Got it in 3 days flat as promised :)

And one important thing for all PS3 buyers, I heard that in new consoles, you would get FW's only in the increments of .1 i.e. the FW could be 3.5 or worse 3.6 but never 3.55 or 3.56, can't confirm this though...

HELL YEAH GUYZ Bought the PS3 & its 3.50 :D !!!..... ( the same bundle india_rulz has )

Got a Killzone 3 with it, but when i start the game it says u gotta update to 3.55 or higher !!!

What should i DO ????

Go ahead and update it ? will it update my PS3 to 3.55 or 3.56 or 60 :(

dinjo said:
KZ3 requires 3.60 but the JB'ed game actually worked on 3.41 and 3.55
Dude, Killzone 3 requires 3.55 firmware and not 3.60. The first 3.60 game was Portal 2 and the games released post that. :p

Hector congrats for your console. :)

Guys found one unit in Green Park. Says date/year of import = October 2010. Is this safe...?

It is PS3+Move+160GB@19990. No game with this.

Are KZ3 and MC IX available on retail. I would hate to 'wait' to play it. Should I pick up the device..?

Oh u lucky fella.. its gonna be safe.

Hellgate and i got 2 ps3s in November.. one was the move pack, other was the 2 games one. They were 3.40 and 3.41 respectively. Go for it.

Both of the mentioned ps3 were Oct 10 imports. :)

Ethan_Hunt said:
Dude, Killzone 3 requires 3.55 firmware and not 3.60. The first 3.60 game was Portal 2 and the games released post that. :p

Hector congrats for your console. :)
Then shall i install it ? the game disc asks for a FW update. The FW is installed in the DISC :)

hector19 said:
Then shall i install it ? the game disc asks for a FW update. The FW is installed in the DISC :)
Dont take a chance by installing the FW from the disc cuz you dont really know which FW it is.
Download OFW 3.55 from SONY's Website, then flash it.
After that you can think of flashing ur console with CFW 3.55.

Happyy JB'ing and gaming. :)

asingh said:
Guys found one unit in Green Park. Says date/year of import = October 2010. Is this safe...?

It is PS3+Move+160GB@19990. No game with this.

Are KZ3 and MC IX available on retail. I would hate to 'wait' to play it. Should I pick up the device..?
Definitely safe. 160GB bundles with an older manufacturing date is firmware below 3.55 for sure.

asingh said:
Its the safest thing around. Buy it with your eyes closed. Its bound to be 3.40-3.42.
Just get it before someone else does :)

Lol I am glad that I bought one at the right time. But to the OP, if he wants to buy it second hand, he can buy from me. I am thinking of selling the one I have (bought in Nov, on CFW 3.55, with free GOW3 disc and a lot more goodies).

PM me, if interested. I'll create a thread with the pics and all.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Definitely safe. 160GB bundles with an older manufacturing date is firmware below 3.55 for sure.
hellgate said:
Its the safest thing around. Buy it with your eyes closed. Its bound to be 3.40-3.42.

Just get it before someone else does :)
Ok, going.

Back