Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Discussion Thread

I will wait later for some deals on Steam.
Call of duty never goes on sale. It kinda remains the same price. Only recently they reduced the price of CoD for one sale.
A friend of mine has bought this and he was also impressed by the multiplayer. But a few more indian reviews will be great before judging it.

Playing the game and i found it to be a bit fresh,not duck duck and shoot or shoot and then duck. AI is better,its more tactical for a COD .
Graphics are lame on old gen console.

Sheesh was downloading it all night on Steam and was done to 97% in the morning. Can't wait to get back home and play it! Has there been any update on the missing dedicated servers for multiplayer?

Sheesh was downloading it all night on Steam and was done to 97% in the morning. Can't wait to get back home and play it! Has there been any update on the missing dedicated servers for multiplayer?

No and going by the forums it seems to be plagued by game-breaking lag and hackers have already showed up.

As usual the pc version seems to be the most affected.
Does anyone here knows whats the difference between the Rs 2799 & Rs 3999 version.(Digital download for consoles).

Last edited:
Got my copy & spent couple of hours in single player campaign (playing in veteran mode) also spent sometime with the multiplayer mode too. This is the first time I am playing a COD on console.
My views so far.(for those who are thinking to pick up the console (especially ps3) version.)

Single player
No comments on the story since I have not completed it yet but I feel that the presentation is good.
The game does not look that bad as it looks on those videos (maybe due to compression). In fact the game looks beautiful in some stages. However there are some places where you can easily spot the poor textures,geometry...etc (eg: multiplayer character customization screen). The game has been toned down a bit below the ps3 standard. Maybe it was done to make it run at 60 fps which is good for multi player.
The game play is smooth & the controls are easy too. The sound is awesome if you have a 5.1 system it will feel like a theater! The movements are fast & almost gives a bit of realistic feeling at some places!

The differences between the ps3 & ps4 versions are textures, some facial details & few not so important weapon effects (blasting). Apart from these there is nothing much. On the other hand as I had mentioned before both the xbox versions looks better .

Multiplayer
The multiplayer has been refined & its interesting Indeed. You can customize your character,class,abilities etc (Similar to cod ghosts.). As usual it also has a co-op mode too.
During my online play combining both co-op & multiplayer I found the game smooth most of the time. Though once I encountered few hiccups or lags during a team death match I don't know the reason but apart from that it was okay for rest of the time.

Overall I would say it looks good, plays good & it seems this game has been made especially keeping the multiplayer in mind. I still cannot say if it is completely worth the money (need some more time) but I can say you will love it if you
1. Are a cod fan
2.Need a break from battlefield.:D
3. Love multiplayer.

Last edited:
The checkpoint system is messed I think. The game saved at wrong place during the hover bike sequence & had to restart the whole mission.:banghead:[DOUBLEPOST=1415646647][/DOUBLEPOST]The multiplayer host connecting error is still there. Hope they fix it soon.
Anybody interested to play online or co-op can add me.

Last edited:
Lets please keep the discussion to Call of duty AW in this thread.

Please anyone explain if not having dedicated server is hampering multiplayer fun in a big way.
Multiplayer is the only reason to buy the game and if its broken (and will remain so), i will not buy.

^^I don't think we have a dedicated server yet. Activision said they are working on these problems.The problem is not regular & might depend on your connection too. In short they are not much of a big problem if you want to enjoy with your friends. However you can wait for others comments too.

Last edited:
Completed it. The story is recycled from modern warfare series. If I am not mistaken that bridge stage looked quite similar to the bridge stage from mw2. The ending was somewhat underwhelming. Anyways what it excels in is the presentation & putting (almost) believable characters. The characters are not forgettable (in almost every cod game) unlike other cheap rip offs. Anyways it seems the multiplayer still has some issues & on a specific map I am encountering some lags. Hope they fix it soon.

Its sad that we don't have much members here to play online. The co-op mode is really challenging & has no issues like the other multiplayer modes .

I am planning to get it. Was planning to buy FC4 / DA:I ... but since both are not worth, cant buy i will get this instead. Just waiting to see if Activision will really resolve this multiplayer issues or not.

I've played a few multiplayer games and haven't seen any gamebreaking lag. I've actually had pretty decent pings in all games except one though I've only played about 10-15 games so far.

I am planning to get it. Was planning to buy FC4 / DA:I ... but since both are not worth, cant buy i will get this instead. Just waiting to see if Activision will really resolve this multiplayer issues or not.
It may take some time but they are not frequent. I guess that occurs only when you get a distant host. The game has content enough to keep you busy for a long time & its made especially to be played with your friends (you can check the you tube videos). There is a (level 4) map of zombie outbreak. However to unlock that map you have to play the other levels first & complete more than 100 rounds. Now that becomes easy when you are playing with your friends in private.

Last edited:
Back