Decent rig @ Rs.45-50k

$$lIoNkInG$$ said:
Jugga - dude.... SB performance doesnt scale as well with clocks as with LGA1366 Even with higher IPC SB isnt able to beat the big daddy 1366 socket.

i7 950 is at par with i5 2500 which has a higher IPC and clock speed both. So if u say OCability - 4.0GHz Nehalem will beat 4.3GHz SB easily coz with Nehalem ur increasing BClk not CPU Ratio.

So basically -

1. 1366 has better performance.

2. 1366 is a better platform too.

3. About EOL?? - Dude, If you buy an EOL Ferrari... its still a Ferrari.

It still performs extremely well, why not to buy EOL platform - Its even better at this time its cheaper! :p :D

@Rahul - You can add USB3.0 functionality later for about 750/- to any board also SATA III 6.0GB/s is not the kind of feature that shud be a deciding factor. All those good speeds you see with SATA 6 GB/s are only "burst rates" - they dont count.

You can very well go for DFI UT X58.

@MSI - Yeah, MSI quality is shaky - go for Asus or Gigabyte if u want to go for Z68/P67.
Ahh, I read and watched couple of reviews. Reviewers where happy about military class componants that msi use.. Arent they having good quality? I decided to go with msi because I thought it had better quality componants.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

MSI P67A GD55 has very good quality componenets and MSI is also a very good brand.
And it is the best board to crank up i5 2500k with ease and competes with ASUS P8P67.

Rahulrulez said:
Ahh, I read and watched couple of reviews. Reviewers where happy about military class componants that msi use.. Arent they having good quality? I decided to go with msi because I thought it had better quality componants.

Well quality OR not, the A.S.S. network is rock solid so buy without fear, incidentally I have a something to share on this topic -- http://www.techenclave.com/graphic-cards/my-card-getting-fried-plz-help-166368.html.

Anyways congrats on the RIG build, hope it serves you well in the coming days.

Rahulrulez said:

Taking reviews in account is good - although newegg reviews from customers are very important according to me..... and everytime i plan on buying an msi board and i see reviews on newegg - theyre just BAD!!Ive just stopped looking at msi boards now - last tym i chked for 790fx gd80(max records on Phenom II line on hwbot are on this board.) i dint find it good and i ended up with an M4A89GTD PRO - and that my friend was a wise decision... ;)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Rahulrulez said:

Taking reviews in account is good - although newegg reviews from customers are very important according to me..... and everytime i plan on buying an msi board and i see reviews on newegg - theyre just BAD!!Ive just stopped looking at msi boards now - last tym i chked for 790fx gd80(max records on Phenom II line on hwbot are on this board.) i dint find it good and i ended up with an M4A89GTD PRO - and that my friend was a wise decision... ;)

^^ Its a good deal go for it.

For mobo try hardwire.in ,dont know about its reputation but i guess i saw that board over there .
wait i'll link it to you.

sorry didnt find it. :(

As for rams both are similar .get the one which costs less.

Nishu said:
^^ Its a good deal go for it.

For mobo try hardwire.in ,dont know about its reputation but i guess i saw that board over there .

wait i'll link it to you.

sorry didnt find it. :(

Anyone had a deal with MSI - ::::::::::The Ultimate IT Solutions:::::::::: ? I am doubtful about this website :p

^ I tried with almost every shop, but MSI Z68A-GD55 is out of stock. I can't really extend my budget by 2-3k now.. I think I will have to go with P67 motherboard itself.

JuGGa said:
I already posted about this site Rahul :facepalm:. It is a site of a prominent shop of kolkata. :)

So should I purchase with them? Can I trust them while purchasing products online through their website?

Back