Decent rig @ Rs.45-50k

joel.monty said:
I will not get the motherboard if i were you ,even if your not gonna oc,It still bottle necks your processor stock performance,i would suggest to wait and get one with the P67 chipset ,when you have the cash.

Now I'm confused. Can't go with it as it will extend my budget. :( Any other suggestions? Within 6k? Leave the OC crap for now. At least, I want to get maximum performance from processor.

Regarding Keyboard and mouse, I have a good plan. Well if I look wisely. I can play games on regular keyboard to, that doesn't make any difference at all (I play on iBall keyboard till the date :p mind it). The game performance counts on Mouse only. Yes, I read and been told that Razer mouse generally starts giving complains after an year or so and DA isn't an exception. Any other suggestions?

Go through with oc rig you won't regret it and you will get the maximum performance with it,do not get the keyboard for now since you can play it on iball keyboard
Cpu-intel i5 2500k-11.5k
Mobo-ASUS P8P67 PRO B3-11.2k
Ram-Gskill ripjaws X 1600 MHz 4GB x 2-3.3k
Gpu- MSi Twin Frozr / ASUS Direct CU II GTX 560 Ti 14.5k
seasonic s12ii 620w-4.6k or Corsair TX V2 650W ~ 5.2k
BenQ G2222HDL or Del ST2220L-8.5k
Nzxt gamma-2.1k
Razer DeathAdder-2.1k-http://www.theitwares.com/razer-deathadder-black-wired-precision-optical-gaming-mouse-infrared-sensor-p-347.html or
Logitech mx518-1.5k,This rig will come around 52k.

OT-@thegatekeeper I think the total is 58k then how did you get 52k.

Get the rig as said above,but drop the keyboard as it wont make any difference in gaming IMO.

Get a OC rig as it would be would be future proof, would add some fps to yor games if you OC,since you have budget of 50k.
See if you are not at all intersted in OC then no worry you can go for i5 2400+h67 which can handle games without any problem if you go for GFX like GTX560Ti or HD6950.

So here is What i (might be same as others :p) suggest

IF OC:

CPU - Intel i5 2500k - TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!Intel Core i5 2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K
MOBO - ASUS P8P67 PRO B3- TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!ASUS P8P67 PRO B3 Revision LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

If not at all looking to OC:

CPU- Intel i5 2400 - TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!Intel Core i5-2500 Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500
MOBO-http://www.theitwares.com/intel-dh67bl-1155-intel-hdmi-sata-6gbs-micro-intel-motherboard-p-1958.html

GPU - Nvidia GTX560Ti - 14k
RAM - GSkill Ripjaws X 4x2GB -3.3k
PSU-seasonic s12II 620w-4.6k
Cabinet - NZXT Gamma -2.2 k
Monitor -BenQ G2222HDL or Dell ST2220L -8.6k
Keyboard-Any normal one around 0.5k
Mouse- It depends on you keep 2k aside for it .

If you go OC way then The total cost is 57k.
If you dont at all want to OC and want pure gaming rig then the total cost is 50.8~51k

So it's Upto you now.
Happy Gaming , hope your doubts are cleared. :)

joel.monty said:
I will not get the motherboard if i were you ,even if your not gonna oc,It still bottle necks your processor stock performance,i would suggest to wait and get one with the P67 chipset ,when you have the cash.

It won't bottleneck mate when 2500K will run at its stock speed. So it will behave like just a normal i5 2500. But you can't use the overclocking feature of 2500K as H67 doesn't have it. So the main purpose of the K series processor will be of no use. Similarly H67 also won't let you use any memory over 1333 MHz speed. So the high performance Vengeance or RipjawX can't be used @ 1600 MHz speed.

If you are getting the motherboard temporarily then my suggestion is pick up the cheapest H61 mobo. Get the Biostar H61 board @ 3.2/3K. It will serve all your purpose. Then you can save some more cash and get a z68 board later.

Hope this clears your confusion rahul :)

All the queries have been resolved as you can see above so there is no need to suggest anything else.op is getting ASUS P8P67 PRO B3 mobo which supports 1600mhz ram and is very capable of overclocking i5 2500k.

Well OP has no where confirmed that he's getting Asus board, and even if he has chosen, its better to clear doubt of the member whose post I have quoted. :)

^^ Okay top of the order, sure the Intel Sandy Bridge architecture supports upto only 1333MHz RAM, but the on-board memory controller is so effective that it has been reviewed that a 1600MHz is optimum value for money, also a Corsair XMS3 4GB module OR G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB module rated@1600MHz CL-9 is priced around 1700/-, while the ValueRAM sticks are ~1300/-.

AnandTech - Sandy Bridge Memory Scaling: Choosing the Best DDR3, excerpts from the same --
I think we confirmed what we pretty much knew all along: Sandy Bridge's improved memory controller has all but eliminated the need for extreme memory bandwidth, at least for this architecture. It's only when you get down to DDR3-1333 that you see a minor performance penalty. The sweet spot appears to be at DDR3-1600, where you will see a minor performance increase over DDR3-1333 with only a slight increase in cost. The performance increase gained by going up to DDR3-1866 or DDR3-2133 isn't nearly as pronounced.

It makes perfect sense to plonk in 400/- quid more, get a slight increment in speed [which positively boosts the performance] + get head-spreader [that look cool too] + get same worry free warranty = peace of mind and a great deal.

joel.monty said:

Why will the H67 chipset bottle-neck a k marked processor, Sire. The only thing that it'll not support is over-clocking. Rest all features on the H67 chipset and P67 chipset are mirror [apart form over-clocking support, Intel HD graphics and in extension Intel Quick Sync (supported by H67 / Z68 but not P67)].

This is the P67 chipset tree --
p67_block_diagram.gif

and here is the H67 chipset tree --
H67-blockdiagram-small.png

Hope this clarifies the confusion. Cheers!

ALPHA17 said:
^^ Okay top of the order, sure the Intel Sandy Bridge architecture supports upto only 1333MHz RAM, but the on-board memory controller is so effective that it has been reviewed that a 1600MHz is optimum value for money, also a Corsair XMS3 4GB module OR G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB module rated@1600MHz CL-9 is priced around 1700/-, while the ValueRAM sticks are ~1300/-.

AnandTech - Sandy Bridge Memory Scaling: Choosing the Best DDR3, excerpts from the same --

It makes perfect sense to plonk in 400/- quid more, get a slight increment in speed [which positively boosts the performance] + get head-spreader [that look cool too] + get same worry free warranty = peace of mind and a great deal.

Why will the H67 chipset bottle-neck a k marked processor, Sire. The only thing that it'll not support is over-clocking. Rest all features on the H67 chipset and P67 chipset are mirror [apart form over-clocking support, Intel HD graphics and in extension Intel Quick Sync (supported by H67 / Z68 but not P67)].

This is the P67 chipset tree --

p67_block_diagram.gif

and here is the H67 chipset tree --

H67-blockdiagram-small.png

Hope this clarifies the confusion. Cheers!

What I conclude from this is, H67 will not bottleneck 2500k's performance. The only thing is I will not be able to overclock it. Right? If H67 chipset doesn't bottleneck 2500k, I'll definitely gonna get it. I'm not much interested in Overclock right now if this processor can give me smooth gaming experience as well as video rendering (using softwares like After effects, Power Directer, Pinaccle Studio etc)

Here comes to final configuration :

Processor : Intel Core i5 2500k - 11.8k

Motherboard : MSI H67MA-E35 (B3) - 4.7k / ASUS P8H67-M LE B3 - 6.4k

GPU : MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II -15k

RAM : G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600 - 3.3k

PSU : SeaSonic S12II 620W - 4.6k

Cabinet : NZXT Gamma - 2.1k

Monitor : Dell ST2220L - 8.5k

Keyboard : Regular keyboard @ 0.5 to 0.6k

Mouse : Razer Deathadder :2k

-----

Total : 54.7k (5k more than my budget)

What say guys? Is there anything that should be changed?

Let me tell you. I've two HDDs with me..

1. Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EARS 1TB 5400RPM 64MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s

2. Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAJS 500GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s

Do I need to purchase a HDD right now or should I wait for few months?

Every thing is fine buddy..dont get hdd now hold on for few months and also you can go for Logitech G400 instead of razer DA you get 3yrs warranty too ;) by the way why are getting k series if you are not oc you can save some cash there and get some case fans gamma comes only with 1fan !!

ganesh said:
Every thing is fine buddy..dont get hdd now hold on for few months and also you can go for Logitech G400 instead of razer DA you get 3yrs warranty too ;) by the way why are getting k series if you are not oc you can save some cash there and get some case fans gamma comes only with 1fan !!

Wow, a good alternative for Razer DA. What about grip and comfort? Logitech definitely have better A.S.S.

+1 for Alpha17. I said that only with my limited explanation. :p

JuGGa said:
It won't bottleneck mate when 2500K will run at its stock speed. So it will behave like just a normal i5 2500. But you can't use the overclocking feature of 2500K as H67 doesn't have it. So the main purpose of the K series processor will be of no use. Similarly H67 also won't let you use any memory over 1333 MHz speed. So the high performance Vengeance or RipjawX can't be used @ 1600 MHz speed.

If you are getting the motherboard temporarily then my suggestion is pick up the cheapest H61 mobo. Get the Biostar H61 board @ 3.2/3K. It will serve all your purpose. Then you can save some more cash and get a z68 board later.

Hope this clears your confusion rahul :)

But one thing rahul, I suppose you're gonna upgrade the board in future for overclocking, right? For that go with my above suggestion. As you see, your procy's performance won't be bottlenecked, so why going with a 5k-6k board, rather go with a cheap one I mentioned, Biostar H61 @ 3.2/3k. Then you can save more money to upgrade later. :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ganesh said:
^^ AFAIK it replaces the old Logitech MX518 ;) so i think it not bad for comfort & moderate gaming..

MX518 with greater DPI. :)

^ Which one is the cheapest motherboard out there that has overclocking feature?

How about a motherboard with P55 chipset?

For overclocking, don't compromise with the board. The cheapest one will set you back for 10k, which is far off from your budget, so better stick to H61, and upgrade later when your pocket becomes heavy ;-)

^^ Go with JuGGa suggestion..I5 can handle the current games in ease without even oc..so you can opt for better board later in a year or so :)

^ Great, I'll go with H61 board then. RAM will be running @ 1333MHz instead of 1600, Will it make a BIG difference?

Configuration :

Processor : Intel Core i5 2500k - 11.8k

Motherboard : MSI H61M-E23 (B3) : 3.5k

GPU : MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II -15k

Mouse : Logitech G400 : 1.5k

-----

Total : 51k.. :D

Rahulrulez said:
^ Great, I'll go with H61 board then. RAM will be running @ 1333MHz instead of 1600, Will it make a BIG difference?

No. The quote by Alpha17 from last page has already answered that.

I think we confirmed what we pretty much knew all along: Sandy Bridge's improved memory controller has all but eliminated the need for extreme memory bandwidth, at least for this architecture. It's only when you get down to DDR3-1333 that you see a minor performance penalty. The sweet spot appears to be at DDR3-1600, where you will see a minor performance increase over DDR3-1333 with only a slight increase in cost. The performance increase gained by going up to DDR3-1866 or DDR3-2133 isn't nearly as pronounced.

Ahh, I'm not satisfied with H61 :-(

I am checking prices with different dealers online, this is the minimum price I've got from dealers like SMC, ITW, Primeabgb, theitdepot etc..

Processor : Intel Core i5 2500k - 11.7k

Motherboard : MSI H61M-E23 (B3) : 3.5k and Asus P8P67-M : 9.5k

GPU : MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II -14.8k

Mouse : Logitech G400 : 1.5k

----

Total with H61 : 50.6k, Total with P67 : 56.6k

I really feel, I should go with P67, I have to convince my dad for 6k more then, it will be like perfect Computer.

Rahulrulez said:
Ahh, I'm not satisfied with H61 :-(

I really feel, I should go with P67, I have to convince my dad for 6k more then, it will be like perfect Computer.

I can't understand why are you not satisfied with H61. But if this is the case, go with MSI Z68A GD55 B3 @ 10.2k, then not even issue of upgrading further will remain. :) Plus full overclocking :eek:hyeah:

Dont go ASUS P8P67-M.
Instead go for MSI P67A GD55-9.5k
It is awesome board and is very good for OC atleast better than the ASUS model which you have mentioned.
So if you can then get MSI P67A GD55 TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!MSI P67A-GD55 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Tell your dad that this pc will serve you for 3 years or so that might change his mind and also you can do 3d rendering on this .
So try to tell your father the benifits of the upgrade.

Back