PC Peripherals Dell EPP no longer available?

smAsh

Disciple
Hey friends! I have a query.
In April, my friend's contact gave me the price quote for Dell SP2208WFP @ 13750. But due to my lust for 22" ultrasharp I did not make a purchase at that time. Now as it seems that ultrasharp is not going to be relaunched, I asked again for the SP2208wfp and he says that EPP is no longer available and the price for the same monitor is now 15000 or more. Is it true that EPP is no longer available?

One more question is that out of Viewsonic VX2255wmb and Dell SP2208wfp which is better choice? SP2208wfp does not match with my black cabinet and it is one of those resons due to which I hate dell. So tell me guys which one to pick.

Well... EPP is never available for the end user... You need to know the right people for the same... Wait a while and i am sure there is gonna be a Dell GO soon on TE...

Keep a Look out in the Market section of TE and search TE for the prices which members have bought their Dell's in last few GO's.

Yes the EPP is supposed to be shut down.. (it mite have already )
due to over-usage of the employees... and some employees comittin CHEATin while gettin much more than 3 alotted products in a year !

The contact himself is a dell employee! He is in Dell call center so EPP apply to him too. And he is the one who gave me a lower price quote earlier. But yes it is the fact that he gets the quotes from Dell sales rep so maybe he is not getting the right person in sales! God knows....

I still don't understand the whole concept... There MRP is way higher then the rest of the competition in the market... They compete with rest when the EPP is on... How do they expect there sales to rise with thier EPP(as they call it) shut down... I am sure they will have to reduce their MRP's shortly...

smAsh... Just noticed you are loacted in Noida... See if you can get a good quote for the Dell 24" panel... Maybe with two monitors they will reduce the price... The best for the same has been 17300... See if they match that or better it... I will pick up one :)...

So Dinesh! Is EPP shut down for every employee or for only those who has used their alotted quota of 3 products?
PS:-Sorry for the double post! but Dines and I replied almost same time....

As per my update ;) , there was a discussion to close the EPP, but they haven't closed it yet :hap2: and its not going to be shutdown as of now. Anyway you never know, so better make use of it when you have the chance.

:) Yup..I guess over abused and we loose it forever..my friend in Dell used to ask me How do we used to get all those discounts in TE :p as each employee can get a max of 4 items per year..

I guess many would be getting it a lower price and selling it for a higher price outside..Thus the end :huh:

EPP is not shutdown, it's still there. just some changes to the policy so people don't misuse it. As per my contact, some people bought things under EPP, billed them to an outsider's name and the outsider sold them at a premium of a few thousand rupees.

I've ordered something through EPP, its set to arrive on June12th

[OT] Suddenly i see too many Noida folks around :p [/OT]

Btw can you get us a deal through EPP... I am interested in a Dell 24" TN or a 24" Ultrasharp depends on the offered price :p

It is about to shut down soon .....

It has nothing to do with EMployees misusing EPP etc, Dell is doing massive cost-cutting everywhere....:(

saintsinner said:
EPP is not shutdown, it's still there. just some changes to the policy so people don't misuse it. As per my contact, some people bought things under EPP, billed them to an outsider's name and the outsider sold them at a premium of a few thousand rupees.

I've ordered something through EPP, its set to arrive on June12th

Shakensoul said:
As per my update ;) , there was a discussion to close the EPP, but they haven't closed it yet :hap2: and its not going to be shutdown as of now. Anyway you never know, so better make use of it when you have the chance.

Need to second this. EPP will be there... though margin on products sold through epp is very narrow .. but it adds to sales figures, revenue and how can they spare their own internal customers !!!:eek:hyeah:

Well guys! After a long time, there is some good news from Dell itself. And the news is that Dell Ultrasharp 2208WFP is available again. This is the mail I received today....

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your interest in Dell!!

Please find the price details for the monitor of your choice. The price indicated is including of taxes, delivery & 3 year replacement warranty. You can make a credit card payment / DD payment. Once the order is placed you can expect this to be delivered in about 15 working days, as we are shipping this from Malaysia. For more information & processing the order please get in touch with me, you can send me a mail or can reach me on the landline number that is mentioned below
Dell 2208 WFP 22" ultra sharp Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor: 16,000/-

Dell SP2208WFP Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor: 16,800/-

Dell E228WFP 22" Entry Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor: 14,000/-

Regards,

Now is there somebody who can offer me any better price for Ultrasharp? Im going to order tommarow... because this time I dont wanna loose this ultrasharp...:)

Switch said:
[OT] Suddenly i see too many Noida folks around :p [/OT]

Btw can you get us a deal through EPP... I am interested in a Dell 24" TN or a 24" Ultrasharp depends on the offered price :p

Yea, now you're looking!

i'll not be able to get it through EPP, but i can find out the regular sales price.

Don't you know anyone one in Dell? oh, come on.. everyone has a friend working in Dell!

Use orkut :bleh:

Strange, It is not AVL on website...

smAsh said:
Well guys! After a long time, there is some good news from Dell itself. And the news site.is that Dell Ultrasharp 2208WFP is available again. This is the mail I received today....

Now is there somebody who can offer me any better price for Ultrasharp? Im going to order tommarow... because this time I dont wanna loose this ultrasharp...:)

Back