Demonetisation and its Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
the aadhaar-sim linking is the final stroke that ties everything together. my old icici debit card had a mastercard securecode password which was awesome, no need to wait for OTP sms, now i think that's the only option they have. my federal bank had a hardware token device, now only OTP sms. this is just an example of how dependent any tech enabled txn or service is on a mobile number. And once that too is linked to aadhaar, the circle is well and truly complete.

p.s. they're saying this is for prepaid sims. Does that mean postpaid numbers do not need aadhaar anywhere in their KYC process?
I have a post paid sim and I keep getting messages to link my aadhaar number from July. I had gone to the local Vodafone mini shop but he told me to go somewhere else to do it. That shop owner is a jack ass and does this to everyone who did not buy sim from him.

Have you seen the latest now?
In the name of tax recovery they are now going full Big Brother with snooping on your personal life on facebook

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/ae...xmen-to-snoop-social-networking-sites-to.html

Its depressing to think that in a country of 1.3 billion our only options are either an inbred idiot prince or a wannabe dictator masquerading as a populist crusader...

this is an old bit, that has probably caught the attention of MSM only now. was to be implemented from May this year. one of the main reasons behind it was to supplement as well as gradually lessen or do away with the traditional methods of conducting random searches or raids on tip-offs. some relevant info:

Significance of ‘Project Insight’
  • It will help in catching tax evaders in a non-intrusive manner using technology and without traditional intrusive methods like search and seizure.
  • The integrated platform will play a key role in widening of tax base and data mining to track tax evaders.
  • The reporting compliance management system of project will ensure that third party reporting by entities like banks and other financial institutions is timely and accurate.
  • It will also set up a streamlined data exchange mechanism for other government departments.

Last edited:
Have you seen the latest now?
In the name of tax recovery they are now going full Big Brother with snooping on your personal life on facebook
Lol...the irony is so much here !!!

34bd6d2abef7921f6b63c18750c9e4f4--nosey-people-private-life.jpg

Its depressing to think that in a country of 1.3 billion our only options are either an inbred idiot prince or a wannabe dictator masquerading as a populist crusader...

Inbred? Seriously? Come on mate, no need to stoop down to bhakt level of turd slinging.

Inbred? Seriously? Come on mate, no need to stoop down to bhakt level of turd slinging.
What else can explain that level of maturity from a 50 year old who is bound to be PM someday in the near future just because of his surname??

I am no bhakt.Just frustrated is all.Must be what people in the early 80's felt when they kicked out the piss drinker Morarji and brought in Indira again in spite of the fact that she had brought on the emergency which is the closest we ever got to dictatorship.

Significance of ‘Project Insight’
It will help in catching tax evaders in a non-intrusive manner using technology and without traditional intrusive methods like search and seizure.
The integrated platform will play a key role in widening of tax base and data mining to track tax evaders.
The reporting compliance management system of project will ensure that third party reporting by entities like banks and other financial institutions is timely and accurate.
It will also set up a streamlined data exchange mechanism for other government departments.

seeing how govt departments works, Im sure the officers will come into office, get a cup of chai, open facebook and creep on girls whole day and log out in the evening

What else can explain that level of maturity from a 50 year old who is bound to be PM someday in the near future just because of his surname??

The amount of ridicule he receives is unjustified. Modi has also made some incredibly stupid statements, some much more idiotic than Rahul, but no one calls him out on him. At least not without troll army hounding that person.

Atleast Modi knows what he's speaking(most of the time) unlike Rahul Gandhi, I'm not a bhakt of any party or person, now a days it has become a fashion that if you say anything in favour of Modi, you are branded as bhakt

I've given this example before. Imagine someone making a compilation of every time you dig your nose or scratch your ass. Now run this on a loop forever. Soon your besties will start avoiding you. This is exactly the psychology being exploited by the anti-RaGa PR wagon. A lot of what he said at his speech was accurate. But there's so much crud in everyone's eyes, even his supporters think he's an idiot now.

He is a nerd. A poor speaker. But nowhere nearly as dumb or vile as our supreme leader. Now that guy is a master orator. Of absolute BS though...

No one likes RG because he's like Manmohan Singh without the degrees. No presence at all. And worst of all, he has a foot in mouth affinity.

His mother had some sense of getting the broken down party together and solving issues. I don't think he has the ability to pull something like that in him. I doubt the oldies in the Congress party have any faith in him.

No one likes RG because he's like Manmohan Singh without the degrees. No presence at all. And worst of all, he has a foot in mouth affinity.
Manmohan Singh was one of the best economist and should've stayed that way. It is a shame that his poor decision(greed ?) to be SG's puppet has lead people to compare him with RG/Modi.:banghead: RIP MMS :wtf:

Manmohan Singh was one of the best economist and should've stayed that way.
Agreed. Steering our country through the 1991 debt crisis and subsequent liberalisation couldn't have been easy.
It's sad that people seem to think that someone who doesn't talk much doesn't do much either.

During the global economic crisis of 07/08, India weathered the storm pretty well, considering. Wonder what would have happened if it were the NDA in power then.

I'd rather have a pappu as PM than a --.

Last edited by a moderator:
Subramanian Swamy says economy is heading for depression, claims warning govt last May
Subramanian Swamy suggested that to support the revival of the economy, it is important to enthuse the public with immediate change, which would be possible by abolishing the income tax. “Whatever you do, the public must see immediate change. I think first thing we should do is abolish the income tax. It’s such an easy thing to do, but they haven’t done it,” he said.

He also suggested the bringing down the interest rates which will get the small and medium industries moving and further start the employment cycle. Along with that he also advocated raising interest rates on fixed deposits.

“You must bring down the interest rates to 9%, and raise the fixed deposit interest rate also to 9% to encourage savings. The rate of interest is an instrument that affects the small and medium industries,” he Subramanian Swamy said.

Now this new argument? Isn't he the one appreciated the DeMo? Well the above suggestions are not gonna be heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back