Digicam decisions..

TheMask said:
hahha.. tnx guys, and blue, relax.. there aint enough zoom in the cam to peep into ur window.. :p

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Anyways, suprising none of you considered Sony. My DSC-W1 is great and with its large, clear and crisp LCD it rocks for its size !

It has a 5.1 MP CCD on its image sensor,
3x optical, 2x digital zoom (6x effective).
Here is a link.

You can add a telescopic lense for a real mean and nasty zoom, like the one you see with newspaper photographers!

That sure should make it to Blue room too ;)

if youre getting this through jjmehta, then id advise you not to get the batteries from them. When i ordered through them the battereies were obviously old (not necessarily used, but definitely aged). also the charge carrying capacity of the 2 pairs were different. And the insulation cap on one of them first deformed, and then came off completely.

Everything else from jjmehta is fine, their chargers, the pouch...the cameras.

Grease Monk said:
if youre getting this through jjmehta, then id advise you not to get the batteries from them. When i ordered through them the battereies were obviously old (not necessarily used, but definitely aged). also the charge carrying capacity of the 2 pairs were different. And the insulation cap on one of them first deformed, and then came off completely.

Everything else from jjmehta is fine, their chargers, the pouch...the cameras.

Hey tnx for the heads up.. :) I am getting 4 rechargable batteries free of cost (some offer with the memory card) so if i want more, i wud buy them locally :D

Also, Masky do consider this infamous place "Alfa."

No bill et al but the prices are awesome. I picked my cam for 15k when Sony sells for 21k!

Got my cam today (Wednesday morning 10am).. Totally love it :)

And hats off to guys at JJ Mehta. The packing was superb..

anyways, i am looking for a tripod now. I checked out a couple of them, but i was not impressed with the quality nor with the pricing :D.. so any suggestions?

:S the cam looks saxxxxy :D

just luvvv the SLR looks...but its much smaller than a SLR cam tho :bleh:

SunMysore said:
just luvvv the SLR looks...but its much smaller than a SLR cam tho :bleh:

nope.. its just about the same size as my friend's Fuji SLR cam :p

tnx Quad Master

tnx TH.. i found out it costs about the same had i bought it in Mysore.. lol.. but with JJ Mehta i get 3 months warranty :D n am getting TY discs too

Rave, u r most welcome.. :D

TheMask posted 4.82 minutes later:

amd guys, any suggestions on Tripods?

what about Velbons? are they good enough? the makes that are available here in Mysore are Simplex and some other (forgot the name) and i dint like either. I was told Velbons are available against order.. am not sure it Gitzos are available here at all.. :D

TheMask said:
what about Velbons? are they good enough? the makes that are available here in Mysore are Simplex and some other (forgot the name) and i dint like either. I was told Velbons are available against order.. am not sure it Gitzos are available here at all.. :D

Some of the better models of Velbons are decent enough for digital cameras. Just for info Gitzo's are amongst the best tripods available and from what I remember from many years back the best of the Gitzo's can cost you anything around 20k - ands that is for only the tripod without a camera attached :eek:hyeah: See this page for prices - around $400 - 700 :O

http://www.kirkphoto.com/tripods.html

In heavy breeze if a tripod is not a steady one then it can create more shake than a hand held camera.

I personally use a Leica table tripod which is really solid and this can be used as a shoulder brace which allows a steady shot even with slightly slower shutter speeds.

One shop I remember in Mumbai who used to have a lot of tripods is Photokina which is located opposite Shukh Sagar at Chowpatty. When I did Pro Photography these guys were one of the BIG dealers of Pro Photo equipment in Mumbai. I will contact them and ask for their email address.

Back