Audio Do iPods have poor sound quality?

I am sure there are more apple fans than most of the brand on the Mp3s put together. I think I have made my point very clear.

Having said that I am mighty impressed the way Apple has marketed the brand. However these were my views and there are substantial evidence to opine them.

Lets give a good twist to the argument, to understand my lateral viewpoint "Does Microsoft makes better operating systems?" I think you would get your answer.

May be It was not prudent to overstep the scope of the thread. However, I think I have had some valid points. Strategy gave some every interesting price comparison. Some of you have also summarized the thread to moderation, which is totally fine by me. Pristine Note representing the brand Sansa alone, is not authentic. We have sold more apples, than the nonapples. Our repertoire has been from SanDisk to Creative to Iriver to Sony to now Nationite.

It doesnt take NASA technology to make a product sound superior. T50 was designed by a Chinese company! Does Apple has to provide the best sounding MP3 players? The answer is NO. However I strongly feel for the number of IPods sold, it would have not been difficult for them to work on the astounding sound and give their consumer memory upgrade (and most importantly not get their employees killed!)

Goes a 64GB owner needs a snob value to the 4/8 or 16GB owner? No. But Apple adds it and they CAN afford to do it. The mass hysteria for their products give them tyrannical powers.

Quote: Who is God? We are God! : John Lennon (The Beatles)

The bottom line is apple sells more than most of the brands. That says a lot. Millions cannot be wrong.... and someone once told me there is safety in numbers.

PEACE. These are just thoughts. You do not have to agree with me all the time or get disappointed. I for one, would always want a good competition to keep the prices low and let the consumer get more value for money all the time. I am just averse to monopolistic policy.

Well said but i don't agree with "most guys like the B**bs than the Brains" I like boobs :lol:
PristineNote said:
The shelf life of IPods are poor. I just thought that IPads were new and now they have already been phased out. The V2 have hit the market within a year. Foxconn (the makers of Apple products.... yes Apples are not made by Apple) had a revenue of 60 Billion$ (sales Foxconn: 2010) mostly manufacturing Apple products. They need to sell more for revenue. They dont care about their employees, do you think they give a damn to the consumer? (I hope that you must have heard about the Foxconn's employees being tormented and pushed to suicide?)

SanDisk on the other hand doesnt upgrade the products every now and then. The Clip/Clip+ has been in the Market for almost 4 to 5 years, without changing shape or size. They let the consumer upgrade the memory, so that you do not have to discard the player for the want to more space. They supported oggs and flacs.

Would Apple ever let people upgrade the Memory? NEVER. They will force to you BUY another player of 16/32GB if you are not happy with 8GB for example. They are good multimedia player with bells and whistles (some of them may not be warranted) and functions that perhaps one will never use or intend to use. This philosophy continues in all their products phones, pads, pods....

SanDisk players on the other hand does what they are meant to do, and do a fantastic job out of it. Compare features and performance of Clip plus vs shuffle..... ? All the clip plus have over the years done is added more colours and upgraded the Firmware.

I can safely say this. Most of the audiophiles here would either own or intended to own Clip+ or Fuze at one point in time or other. I have had 4 Ipod Classic, two have gone kaput. I cant even find those models with people anymore; are we talking spares parts?

I can understand, its easy to love the Apples... but wait, the next one is already in line :D. No sir Apples do not have long life, if they did, they cant keep selling forever! Steve will loose the job and that Fox is a con!

Disclaimer: These are entirely my views. You may not like to agree with them. Also statistically there are more Apple fans than SanDisk (or other brands) etc. But I also know most guys like the B**bs than the Brains!
Quote: (We are) only a pawn in the game! : Bob Dylan
Afterthought: deleted ......

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

"The mass hysteria for their products give them tyrannical powers." There is a lot of hype, undeserved.

PristineNote said:
I am sure there are more apple fans than most of the brand on the Mp3s put together. I think I have made my point very clear.

Having said that I am mighty impressed the way Apple has marketed the brand. However these were my views and there are substantial evidence to opine them.

Lets give a good twist to the argument, to understand my lateral viewpoint "Does Microsoft makes better operating systems?" I think you would get your answer.

May be It was not prudent to overstep the scope of the thread. However, I think I have had some valid points. Strategy gave some every interesting price comparison. Some of you have also summarized the thread to moderation, which is totally fine by me. Pristine Note representing the brand Sansa alone, is not authentic. We have sold more apples, than the nonapples. Our repertoire has been from SanDisk to Creative to Iriver to Sony to now Nationite.

It doesnt take NASA technology to make a product sound superior. T50 was designed by a Chinese company! Does Apple has to provide the best sounding MP3 players? The answer is NO. However I strongly feel for the number of IPods sold, it would have not been difficult for them to work on the astounding sound and give their consumer memory upgrade (and most importantly not get their employees killed!)

Goes a 64GB owner needs a snob value to the 4/8 or 16GB owner? No. But Apple adds it and they CAN afford to do it. The mass hysteria for their products give them tyrannical powers.

Quote: Who is God? We are God! : John Lennon (The Beatles)

The bottom line is apple sells more than most of the brands. That says a lot. Millions cannot be wrong.... and someone once told me there is safety in numbers.

PEACE. These are just thoughts. You do not have to agree with me all the time or get disappointed. I for one, would always want a good competition to keep the prices low and let the consumer get more value for money all the time. I am just averse to monopolistic policy.

I don't know how people handle their MP3 players; I own a 2nd Gen iPod Touch, and given the price at which I bought it I use it carefully. Its been with me for 2 and a half years now and I haven't faced any issues with it till now. Coming to the sound part.. I'm deaf for SQ and hence I'm not judging it at all, all I can say is it's worth my dough. Now coming to other MP3 players' I had a Transcend player before the Touch and I abused it like hell (it was el cheapo, you cannot blame me :p) I even was in a accident when I fell flat on my chest and the player was in my shirt pocket. Still it worked.. I'm not saying the Transcend was best or something but it did it's job that's all.

Vow, thats a long thread and took too much time to read. Well, I have a budget of 12k and I have been looking for mobile phone which should be good for music, movies and internet but I found nothing. The phone that I love (Samsung wave II) is around Rs 16000. So, I would like to ask if I can buy Ipod touch 4G. Will it be a good choice for this? (Obviously I know that I wont be able to use it for call but my present phone is good enough for this). Please suggest.

^ The touch 4G would be a great media player and entertainment device. Much better than any other mobile in its price range IMO. Ofcourse you wont be able to make calls and will have to retain your old phone .The SQ of the touch would also be much better than any mobile phone .:)

Thats good to hear! I was going to buy LG Optimus One P500 but I think Ipod touch 4G would be a better choice. Let me get some more votes and I will be good to go then.

iPod touch if your buying any phone other than an iPhone and if your in and around wifi areas pretty often. I would personally get an iPhone since the SQ of the iPhone and iPod touch is the same, builtin 3G and free software updates(paid major updates incase of ipod touch) and get another separate player. That way you make up for the lack of battery life also.

@mobile_user: If you want only a MP3 player to listen to songs then buy the Sansa Clip+ its has SQ almost same as iPod and is waay cheaper than the iPod. But if you want a device that you can game and read webpages, twitter, facebook and yada yada then buy the iPod. The iPod is a versatile device but its not pocket friendly.

For your budget, I can't suggest a good phone. Smartphones coming in that range have a poorer display resolution. It means you'll have everything but all looks dull. xperia x8 is quite OK.

I would really suggest you to go for ipod touch 4G. It has high resolution Retina Display. Only display will blow your mind. If you have wifi access in your home, you will forget your laptop.

After getting ipod touch 4G, jailbreak it with readsnow and start playing games like asphalt, modern combat, infinity blade etc. you will have a whole new life. iOS is top mobile OS around. With games utilizing gyro and full PC like gameplay, you will have a better life.

If you have a budget around 25k, I would recommend xperia Arc.

Dont buy anything else.(worse is some crappy stuffs from LG)

Back