DOTA 2 - Discussion Thread

pretttt There is no reciepe for power threads. Which ever item u buy last will complete the power threads automatically.
E.G If u buy boots and gloves and later buy belt, then your power threads are complete.

The power threads are clickable, can change its attribute to strength, agility and intelligence; depending on the situation.

And yes the shops in the base has two MAIN tabs - Basic and Upgrades. Check them out.

Hope this helps.

pretttt There is no reciepe for power threads. Which ever item u buy last will complete the power threads automatically.
E.G If u buy boots and gloves and later buy belt, then your power threads are complete.

The power threads are clickable, can change its attribute to strength, agility and intelligence; depending on the situation.

And yes the shops in the base has two MAIN tabs - Basic and Upgrades. Check them out.

Hope this helps.

Ok, thanks for the reply, but I have another question.

Now, yesterday while playing I tried to create Wraith Band. Before start of game, I purchased Slippers of Agility and then when I made about 200Gold, I bought Circlet. But these two items did not combine to form the Wraith Band. Both items were sitting together in my inventory. So was a recipe required in this instance?

How to identify which item needs a recipe to be created and which doesn't? Also, where exactly do you buy recipes??

pretttt

Yes Wraith band does require a recipe.

Some items in dota require a recipe and some don't.

Ok, You will find the recipes here : Upgrades tab -> Desired tab [Weapons, armor, caster, etc]

You can click on desired item, by doing this it forms a tree view in the bottom where u will see what all is required for that item, and you will see some of them do need recipes [they are a part of the items needed in the tree view].

You can buy the whole item if u have enough gold, or part by part.

Let me know if u still face difficulties!

Cheers!!

Anyone checked their dotabuff rating ?

HQVFVyS.png

And a good thing too. They went too far with their public rating and ranking, that kind stuff serves no purpose other than e-peen wagging.

Recently got Dota 2 as a gift from @pretttt. Thanks a lot dude! Played the game for three hours and it's really fun. But it seems to have a very steep learning curve!

I have a question: If I have all six item slots filled on my hero, and I just bought two new items, how do I use the courier to quickly replace two items in my hero's inventory? How do I specify which items are to be replaced, and which items should be taken back to base for selling? What are the shortcuts to accomplish this in quick succession?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the most beautiful game I have ever seen. Simply beautiful artstyle, hope they don't ruin it by going overboard like in TF2.
Each and every hero looks like it's a hand-crafted statuette.

Wanna get into it but damn that learning curve :(. The fact that I never played a moba before doesn't help either.

^^ Dota 2 is a lot more streamlined than Dota 1, and easier to get into. Besides, not all the heroes have been ported yet, so you have less heroes to learn. Let me know of you need an invite, I have a lot of them lying around. Get into some bot matches, the AI is pretty good, better than most beginners.

Yea start with some beginner friendly heroes which do not need much micro management, so that you get used to the game.

The AI is a bit punishing, get together with friends and play a practice lobby, we also could hang out and help each other :)

And yes, I also have some invites, so lemme know if some one needs em.

I've already had the game for quite some time, just hadn't installed it. Thanks though :).

Which is the best hero to start with for a complete beginner?
I have absolutely no idea besides the basic gameplay and objective, ie. kill their creeps and towers until you get to their main tower.

I used to play War3 heavily but quit it right when Dota became the more favorable gamemode over the default format. So I am completely new to mobas.

I plan to follow this guide for now: Steam Community :: Guide :: Comprehensive Dota 2 Guide

I've already had the game for quite some time, just hadn't installed it. Thanks though :).

Which is the best hero to start with for a complete beginner?

Start with Drow Ranger aka every noobs favorite hero. She has only 2 active skills (Cold arrow and silence) and 2 pretty powerful auras. At least that is the hero I play with :). She becomes very powerful as you purchase items. Obviously practice with bots first.

You can also try skeleton king (one 1 active skill, but melee), Viper, death prophet, windrunner etc. Most people will say beginners should play support, but I feel support heros have to keep track of too many things.

Supports require far more skill than carry heroes. Drow is good, although orb-walking is an advanced technique which can be used on Drow/Viper. But even without that you can get some items and right click an enemy to death. Axe is pretty easy too.

@saumilsingh ... try your hands on league of legends first then ... almost the same and easier to start off. Once you reached some level 10 in the league u can move here. (If you are new to MOBA).
As starter, i will recommand sniper or drow ranger or windrunner (most recommanded).

Last edited by a moderator:
Mostly it's the look of the game which makes me want to get into it. So it has to be Dota2.
Plus it's being developed by Valve which means unparalleled longterm support. They also do more interesting things with their games like events and other community based metagames.

Back