Audio Final earphone Upgrade budget 20K

thenvk

Adept
Let me tell my story first.

I have started the earphone journey about 3 yrs back. Below are the things I used
2* Ep630--1800/-
V moda bass--1800/-
Xbi--3700/-
PL 11--1000/-
Futuresonic FS1--4500/-
Shure foam ear tips--1000/-
Atrio M5---10000/-
Hippo VB--3500/-
Me M6-2000/-
2*Vmoda vibes--1500/-- (Lost in the way to INDIA).
Others--1000/-
So.. Looking at the above I spent at least 25K so far on ear phones. All of them broke on cable, hence I had to upgrade.

This time I want to go for removable cables and has 20K max budget.My preference is only bass. I have never satisfied with the bass from above, always wanted to upgrade.

I need bass similar to a Disco, simply when we go on road, some cars play songs with excellent bass, I need this kind of bass. I am not really bothered about mids, as I am not really sure what they are. Treble should not be harsh as the Vmoda bass freq.

The things I looking at now are SM3,UM3X,IE8 etc. So please suggest me some,which meets my requirements.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

6 hours ,50 views .. No reply?

FOR bass, the FX700 is said to have thundering quality bass. better than even the MTPG , then also its not a bass head's IEM , it has , great mids and sparkling highs as well.

how much did you like the hippo VB.

UM3X wont give you that much bass, even the SM3, IE8 has mid bass hump so some do not prefer it (you? )

FFX700/MTPgold/FX500/DDM..only come to mind ...or you can get a custom with 2 bass driver ....UE customs have great bass...are dark. ( dont get the mage , although it has 2 bass drivers , as per reviews, tis bass is fast and good...but no where near thundering)

Strategy, thank you for the reply. Replaceable cables are must for me.
So FFX700/MTPgold/FX500/DDM are all out.
Are the UE customs available in india?
IE 8,UE 10 is available at 15k locally.Am I expecting too much of my budget?

contact logitech india , as now logitech has brought UE products , they might even bring customs. contact them and ask.

BTW UE 10 pro is a custom IEM, UE TF10 pro is a universal.

if you get a chance to audition IE8 do that!

If any one here from Hyd has it,I would have asked for it desperately.

@strategy How good are the customs that you have mentioned? Also any Idea on price?

^^ sorry, the Bass heavy customs, te UE and JHaudio ones, are way over your budget. both are very costly.

as you are finding the bass of hippo VB OKish( i mean you want more thats why you started this thread ) , it might be that you want more mid bass thats in abundance in the IE8. audition the IE8 asap. IE 8 is the GOD of MID-bass.

also ask superfag about your quarry ..he as tried most of the JHA lineup.

Monster Turbines gold , IE8 , TF10 !

or else a cheap used TF10 for ~8-10k from head-fi and a remold for another 80-120$ :D .

You can either get new TF10's from amazon to someone in the US or sent to you via KMD. Or get used TF10's from head-fi shipped to you with shipping insurance and then get them customs remolded according to your ears via Amarbir from Unique Melody in China. You will never be feel that you are any short of bass if you take the latter route. :)

What is the current price of Senn IE 8 in india? Ebay has a listing for 17k. Any place where can I get it for a better price than that?

Also Is Triple fi 10 better than IE 8 for bass?

~15.5K is the sweet spot for IE8 .You can get that price from a official Sennheiser dealer / retailer with some bargaining.

Regarding the TF10 vs IE8 bass . Ive only heard the TF10s and read about the IE8s ..so from what I understand, the IE8 seems to have more quantity of bass than TF10 but even TF10 has ample of bass quantity so they aren't bass shy . The IE8 sounds more like bass monsters to me . Also TF10, I believe has more deeper sub bass compared to IE8.

22k is the quote I got for SM3 from ICCworld. Even I am tempted for these. If one more joins, then we can have some kind of bulk order

Back