Audio Final earphone Upgrade budget 20K

If HM-602's SQ goes like this, I won't be surprised: Rolled off bass, warm mids, rolled off treble. S:Flo2 also has a treble roll off from what I read (shigzeo in head-fi).

Good luck with the nightmare, err... firmware of S:Flo2.

strategy! Try running RE262 with your D1 and see if you observe any changes in SQ. Also try FX700 with another source other than S:Flo2 and HM602 and see if bass quantity and impact improves / changes.

@strategy....upgrade to v2.30 as that is the latest and the best firmware.

What issue are you having exactly. If its with the scrolling than sorry but u'll have to learn to live with that..
The hm602 CANNOT drive the AKG well. Yes you will hear music from it when you connect it to any portable player, but in noways its driving the AKG to its full potential. No matter what anyone says, I had hooked up the AKG702 with my sflo2 as well and throught the HO/LO at full volume even, it cannot be driven. The size of the drivers also play a huge part in the driving factor. The AKG's are huge in that respect and they cannot even be driven straight out of my Macbookpro.

@thenvk..... i think, if i'm correct, your looking for a lotta sub bass from your iem. Something which makes your headache when your listening to GMS or Astrix for many hours if i'm not mistaken. From what iems i've tried so far, iirc you can get them from NE-6 nuforce or Custom Iems from JH. For your budget i think you should go for the JH5pro. That is the best you will get for your budget in iems. Otherwise you have to go with headphones by Ultrasones 780/750pro, Denon D2k/D5k or Beyerdynamics DT880/990 or Senn HD25-1 II from the top of my head. They are known for their good bass.

yeah the Slo can not drive the AKG .....checked !! ..max volume with Sflo= 30-35% on the D1 ...and also the bass responce is weakened ...treble sparkleis lost.

but sorry the HM602 drives it as good as my maverick D1(bass is as good , as well as the treble ...mids are better , it might be a placebo...but just the mids ..bass and treble are as good ) at 55-60% ...the treble is rolled off in the D1 at around 17Khz ...(earlier i thought my ears were at fault and the max frequency they could hear was 17-17.5Khz ) but the HM though it seems to roll of a bit but still manages 20KHz.( yay ...i can hear up to 20Khz)

the thing is, HM-602 has a HIgain -Low gain switch to change the gain ...that allows it to be scalable, and drive the full sized headphone as well as IEMs .

to give you an idea max i cna go with RE262 on the HM-602 is 6/10 at low gain. and thats loud!!

yeah customs is the way to go if you do not like the IE8 after audition. you can try my FX700 as well, though they dont have IE8's mid bass the sub bass is phenomenal !!

and is not the JH5 bass light...i think superfrag said something like this (might be wrong though)

Guys, as of now, I am planning to postpone my purchase. The reason being,I am expecting at least one dealer from TE will get the Earsonics or some other triple driver earphones to INDIA at a reasonable price ( 10 to 15k). Once they are here, I can buy one,and If I don't like the bass, I can go for re shelling (8k from amarbir).

Triple fi 10 is available here at amarbir for 16k, but I don't wanna spend that much on them, as I know for sure, I will have issues with fit.

Also I have ordered the Monster turbines from amazon.Let me hear it and then I can decide on my further upgrade.

I'm itching to buy the Monster Miles Davis too, don't let the triple driver thing fool you though a lot of single driver IEMs will do more than just hold their ground against them

Damn, My CC was charged for 4.8k for the Monster turbines.They charged at 48rs per 1 USD.The ICC world quote was lot cheaper 4.3k :(.. tooo bad.

Also I have paid 128headphones from ebay.com for my 2 VMODA vibes and 2 Bass freq . They are also on the way.. :)

I am dilemma on what to keep what to sell :D

V-Moda Vibe - I just got from 128headphones (today). I doubt if you'll be satisfied with the bass quantity. But they sound very decent across the spectrum to my ears, far better than my Hippo Epic-Sparkle. With their shallow fit, they are very comfortable though.

Guys I have received my Monster turbines. Super fast shipping. received it in 10 days :).

In a dilemma whether to open it and use or to sell

Can some one give me a tripe fi 10. I can exchange this with a little cash

TF10 are top of the line IEMs , really. its futile to ask the above question.

also, did they refund some money.( for the customs thing )

put them on the members section till tomorrow if you dont get a good offer ..use them, they have good bass, and bass is all you want ! :)

thenvk said:
Guys I have received my Monster turbines. Super fast shipping. received it in 10 days :).

In a dilemma whether to open it and use or to sell

Can some one give me a tripe fi 10. I can exchange this with a little cash
Quote me the best price through PM .

Might get interested in them .

also, did they refund some money.( for the customs thing )

Nope not yet.

The best thing I can do now is to sell monsters and wait for people to sell their TF10's . Howz the bass of tf 10 compared to the Turbines and IE 8

Quick, deep, impactfull, all the good things you can think about bass :p

MY re262 on the other hand have a tad better mid bass and have better body , infact i doubt there is any IEM that has better body (lower end ) than the re262.

on the other hand the FX700 have more (much more ) sub bass.

strategy said:
Quick, deep, impactfull, all the good things you can think about bass :p

MY re262 on the other hand have a tad better mid bass and have better body , infact i doubt there is any IEM that has better body (lower end ) than the re262.

on the other hand the FX700 have more (much more ) sub bass.
Thats the reason , i am eying 262's too . !

Just for those Bass Notes !!!

^ hay you got me wrong ..!! between the three (re262, fx700 and tf10 ) at bass i will choose the FX700. (otherwise also, treble is effortless and shiny , midrange is smooth) ( RE262 does not go that deep though)

For bass IEMs ...these are the perfect examples, yet very different

We need somebody to get Monster Miles Davis Tribute to round-up bassy top end IEMs. Perhaps somebody should pull the trigger on them for $320 @ soundearphones.

Quote me the best price through PM .

Might get interested in them .

There is a buyer interested for these, from the moment I order, I will let you know if he backs out.

@strategy: I will go for only a triple driver or for IE8, the reason being chance of Re shelling and for IE8, bass and the replaceable cables :)

^ +1 . The IE8 seems to be better than TF10 only in terms of bass quantity maybe soundstage as some say . I doubt it can match the treble and deep sub-bass + perfect textured bass of TF10.Even the soundstage on TF10s is pretty amazing .

Back