Full HD 42-47" inch TV for Rs.55,000: purchased LG 42LB5820

I purchased LG 42LB5820 from Flipkart at ₹44,118. I could not resist saving of almost ₹7,000 compared to least offline price of ₹51,000. I have scheduled it to be delivered on 17th April :D :D

@Jambumali @quixand How do I check usage time on this one to make sure it is not a demo piece ?

Congrats! Now do yourself a big favour and download Disney WOW calibration disc. Massive download size. Or any other decent disc for calibration. Will help tons.

PS: and some thick curtains to keep those nasty reflections out :)

^setting up everything would be in week starting from 2oth April. I checked size of Disney WOW calibration disc. It is whooping 67GB. I would prefer some lighter method. I could remember you had mentioned, AVS, DVE and Crawl method along with Disney disc.

AVS/DVE used to be ~6-7 GB with very few seeders.

If you don't want the hassle, just google - there are a few sites are giving the calibration settings for the model. Plug them in & a bit of tweaking for personalizing & you are on your way!

There is some twist in story. Today evening I visited Vijay Sales for finalising Washing Machine and Oven. I was offered combo of all three, TV, Washing Machine and Oven, at ₹80,000. This is ₹1,900 more than individual best quotes. But with TV I got additional 2 years warranty. Hence I went with it by cancelling FK's order.

Wow. Congrats on your purchases!
Waiting for review on all of them. Esp TV. Do comment on 5.1 out via optical. Thanks.
I am in for similar buying spree when I get my new house.

@vyral_143 Congrats.. By the way, who is providing the additional warranty, is it LG? Do check whether the additional warranty covers the panel? Sometime back Samsung ran a cunning extended warranty program during Diwali, which excluded the panel.

You can use the savings to further extend the warranty up to 5 years (max) from LG itself. You will need to pay for 2 years, now that you have 3 years free warranty

@vyral_143 Congrats.. By the way, who is providing the additional warranty, is it LG? Do check whether the additional warranty covers the panel? Sometime back Samsung ran a cunning extended warranty program during Diwali, which excluded the panel.

Thanks ! LG is providing warranty. This particularly covers panel [emoji4]

You can use the savings to further extend the warranty up to 5 years (max) from LG itself. You will need to pay for 2 years, now that you have 3 years free warranty

Planning same :D
Once TV is delivered and installed, I will do the needful.

HI Vyral_143
I almost finalized Sony.
This thread think me on LB5820.
How is your experience?
Do you have Sony model ready info as you had passed thru long detailing. If yes, pl provide those model no for Sony.Thanks.

Till now experience is nice with this TV. It does reflect a lot but I have already ordered curtains for my place. SD channels when looked from approx 10 feet look good. My 2TB hard drive is recognised and content are played nicely. It does not play .mov files.

While buying I had accidentally compared Sony and LG. I do not recollect exact model number of Sony but it was 32" smart tv with similar features. Colors on Sony are more bright and I found it uncomfortable. Also cost wise Sony was priced approx ₹12k premium for similar TV.

Since I m still in shifting/arranging stuff at my new place, I have not setup my HT; else I could have provided little more info on that too.

There is some twist in story. Today evening I visited Vinay Sales for finalising Washing Machine and Oven. I was offered combo of all three, TV, Washing Machine and Oven, at ₹80,000. This is ₹1,900 more than individual best quotes. But with TV I got additional 2 years warranty. Hence I went with it by cancelling FK's order.
Vyral: I text you requesting more details on this. Pl reply.

Sony new 2015 R series out except 42"
Yday, 5820 screen went weird while sales person demoing it.....my bad.... This is the premium features of 5820..... and went wrong in demo...... Wondering.......
Edit: End up with Sony bravia W700B... @57 k...Thanks

Last edited:
Back