General experience trying to connect with Nehru place dealers online

pom99

Disciple
So, apparently India is 'digital India' now and especially during these trying times for everyone, I thought I will try to skip the usual process of hopping from shop to shop in Nehru Place to get quotations for PC parts and try to get via whatsapp and phone calls. Here is my macro experience.

1. Cost to Cost - The "venerable" cost to cost was unreachable on both whatsapp numbers listed on their 'pricelist' online. The price list was also updated in March last. Calls went unanswered.
2. Lotus Systems & Services - Shows up on the first search on Google search if your type for "computer shops in nehru place" in an article on the LBB website where the writer vouches for their 'niceness'. Didn't have a very nice experience. Called and whatsapped the guy twice. Initially, called on Sunday so he said I will get the quote on Monday which is today. Messaged twice on whatsapp today but despite blue ticks no info came through.
3. SMC International - No whatsapp number available on the official website. Calls to toll free number went unanswered. Edit: Got through them on Day 3 of trying but their quote was high for everything barring a cabinet. So ignored.
4. Soham Enterprises - Highly rated (4.5) on Google reviews. Called and the person on the other end asked me to whatsapp the list of components promising to reply in 20-30 minutes. One and haf hour later with no replies I pinged him asking if it would be possible to get the quote today. Got the cautionary reply of "Wait". :):D

Not to raise hell here, but as a person who is in the marketing domain and keep harping about customer relationship etc. I find it funny how small businesses still manage to get by with such shabby treatment of prospective customers. The scenario might have been very different , I guess, had this been a "big ticket " order. Indian businesses always prioritise the needs of "highest payer first" so nothing very surprising here. Just thought of letting it out here. If I have somehow posted in the wrong sub-forum, admins please feel free to post to the right place.

What would you guys do? Would you still buy from there or rather shop online?

Last edited:
I was in the same delima and after wasting over a week to 10days trying to get prices from Nehru Place & Wazirpur - I went ahead and bought everything for building a pc via Amazon for the first time and am pretty satisfied [emoji6].

Just keep all the items shortlisted and buy them in the upcoming Prime day sale or before/after whenever you find something worth a deal or use any online price tracking app with triggers.

I was in the same delima and after wasting over a week to 10days trying to get prices from Nehru Place & Wazirpur - I went ahead and bought everything for building a pc via Amazon for the first time and am pretty satisfied [emoji6].

Just keep all the items shortlisted and buy them in the upcoming Prime day sale or before/after whenever you find something worth a deal or use any online price tracking app with triggers.

I agree but certain parts such as CPU and Mobo are always much cheaper on sites such as Primeabgb, MD or Vedant. I am planning to give a try with Vedant for the first time. Will update how it goes. I have emailed Prime and always got EOD replies from them. Also have purchased from them once and the entire purchase was very smooth with regular updates from there side.

I agree but certain parts such as CPU and Mobo are always much cheaper on sites such as Primeabgb, MD or Vedant. I am planning to give a try with Vedant for the first time. Will update how it goes. I have emailed Primeabgb and always got EOD replies from them. Also have purchased from them once and the entire purchase was very smooth with regular updates from there side.
Yep I know I paid little extra this time due to this lockdown and all but it was fine given the delivery process of Amazon.
I tried Primeabgb and mdcomputers but they replied late and were saying it might take few weeks due to the backlog they had (I started enquiries in the 1st week of July) and I didn't think it was worth waiting 2-3weeks for different parts to come and not getting what I wanted(3300x and decent B450 boards were OOS or inflated at many places).

If you can wait then surely [emoji6] prices would be worth the wait :) Share you experience in the end and All the best!

Yep I know I paid little extra this time due to this lockdown and all but it was fine given the delivery process of Amazon.
I tried Primeabgb and mdcomputers but they replied late and were saying it might take few weeks due to the backlog they had (I started enquiries in the 1st week of July) and I didn't think it was worth waiting 2-3weeks for different parts to come and not getting what I wanted(3300x and decent B450 boards were OOS or inflated at many places).

If you can wait then surely [emoji6] prices would be worth the wait :) Share you experience in the end and All the best!
Yes , I agree that Amazon has a superior delivery process which sometimes makes it worth it. I have noticed that MD is late in their replies. Thanks.
Post automatically merged:

Tried two more places today -

1. Vipin imports - Owner said he would send me the quotes. Waiting . Edit: Never sent the quotes.
2. Computer Empire - Asked me to call back in 10 minutes and since then has been unavailable on phone. Edit: met them in person in NP but got inflated quote so ignored.
P.S. the guy from Soham Enterprises responded with few prices this morning after I taunted him & asked if his "waiting period" was over.

In the meantime, my shortlisted Mobo on Vedant Computers got sold out yesterday . So , no option but to wait for new stock. Enjoy.

Last edited:
So finally, my frustration got the better of me and I rushed off to Nehru Place in the rain some time back. Didn't go to all the above mentioned places as by now I have realised after getting no responses that these fuc@!#s are least bothered about small fry like me. So went to a new place (for me) called Computer Laptop Store and just told them what I need.

Got this stack of goodies for my upgrade.

Prices were - Ryzen 5 3500 -10,300
Adata RAM - 8000 ( in hindsight could have got them for 7500)
Mobo - 11500
An expert bargainer would have managed to get these at less I guess but still happy to have laid my itch for new products to rest.

Attachments

• Gigabyte B550 Gaming X.jpeg
    Gigabyte B550 Gaming X.jpeg
    171 KB · Views: 189
  • Ryzen 3500.jpeg
    Ryzen 3500.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
If you think Delhi offline dealers are bad, wait till you try Pune.
I shifted practically all my spends to online - and barring an odd exception in an urgency, would prefer to keep it this way
I used to live in Pune in the last decade. Don't know much about other places but knew a very polite and honest computer salesperson who had his small place near Aundh. However, the general rule of thumb in India is - the heavier your pocket, the more "sir" and "ma'am" you'll hear.

I don't know about the online experience of the dealers in NP. Back then I used to buy most from CE and Vipin Imports. They were priced reasonably. In fact CE guys would give me noticeable discounts.
As for SMC I equate them with ego. Lol.
Also it seems to be in our blood as Indians that we take the name/branding of international brands and ruin their good name. There are now "official" Indian pages of some reputed hardware companies but the Indian people handling these pages don't even have the courtesy of replying back to you despite multiple attempts. And I noticed that many of them have connections with the so-called "reputed" community members who are nothing but shills.

All of the above used be my "haunts" back in the day. SMC was even the designated "Meeting spot" for many meets and group buys. Guess a lot has changed since then. So who are the reliable online dealers for Computer Hardware these days, if any ?

All of the above used be my "haunts" back in the day. SMC was even the designated "Meeting spot" for many meets and group buys. Guess a lot has changed since then. So who are the reliable online dealers for Computer Hardware these days, if any ?

because of covid, delivery issues and delays are there. Also they are turning to become scalpers of newly launched products due to limited availability and other reasons.
main sites - primeabgb, mdcomputers, vedant, itdepot etc.

I used to live in Pune in the last decade. Don't know much about other places but knew a very polite and honest computer salesperson who had his small place near Aundh. However, the general rule of thumb in India is - the heavier your pocket, the more "sir" and "ma'am" you'll hear.
It is global behavior ;)
So finally, my frustration got the better of me and I rushed off to Nehru Place in the rain some time back. Didn't go to all the above mentioned places as by now I have realised after getting no responses that these fuc@!#s are least bothered about small fry like me. So went to a new place (for me) called Computer Laptop Store and just told them what I need.

Got this stack of goodies for my upgrade.

Prices were - Ryzen 5 3500 -10,300
Adata RAM - 8000 ( in hindsight could have got them for 7500)
Mobo - 11500
An expert bargainer would have managed to get these at less I guess but still happy to have laid my itch for new products to rest.
Sweet deal.

Last edited:
To buy computer harware in India, we actually need middlemen. Amazon is a good middleman. Some local sellers help with warranty claims, but they are usually expensive.

for some reason this time nvidia has nailed it with RTX c their FE cards ,today my fried got NVidia 3070 and was also offered 3060ti and prices are not crap

Can someone send me the whatever working number for CE and Vipin please? CE isn't answering their phones ffffuuuu
Or if anyone's going to NP then let me know please. Need the price list of some components.
I'm getting desperate lol.

Can someone send me the whatever working number for CE and Vipin please? CE isn't answering their phones ffffuuuu
Or if anyone's going to NP then let me know please. Need the price list of some components.
I'm getting desperate lol.

Google cost2cost pricelist and you will get the latest pdf with pricing on top!

I know that people in Delhi like c2c for offering lower prices from their competitors but I'm avoiding it for a good reason.
The last time I purchased from them, the product was an unofficial imported piece ie. not imported by the company authorized in India. I came to know of it only after applying for RMA. The support asked me how I got my hands on it when it was meant for another country.
Also c2c's past isn't that great either. Fake GPU stories anyone? You can Google the rest.
Hence I only want to deal with people I can trust.

Back