All OS How do phone manufacturers get away with this in 2020?

Emrebel

Adept
Nov 14, 2016
I was browsing through Amazon and saw A21s and I was surprised to check the price and specs of the phone...
The phone costs 15k+ and still does not have a FHD display.
How do they get away with it in 2020?
I have seen similar pattern in laptops which cost 45k+ and still have 1366x768 display ( or an inferior panel).

Attachments

Emrebel

Adept
Nov 14, 2016
Fun part is samsung provides AMOLED display for a price lower than that. I think it is those extra 'camera lenses' they charge premium for. Otherwise I don't see how it has such a high price.

Reactions: soulweaver

soulweaver

Offending Sensibilities
Adept
Sep 2, 2005
People just don't look at anything but the price. As someone who has been purchasing a lot of equipment for a tech company, I have seen this happening only too often. People come to the store and invariably purchase a laptop with 4gb ram and and hdd, because it is 3000 rupees cheaper.

They still feel that 4gb is enough. And most of are trained to focus on price rather than quality. Jazz over substance. That is the reason why there are so many Membrane keyboards masquerading as 'gaming' keyboards and to top it, there are reviews with people claiming it to be awesome - after having used it for about 10 minutes, and being smitten by the lighting effects.

Like you @Emrebel said, the camera lenses, the megapixel counts are all selling points. Heck even the top tier Ultra succumbed to the 108MP gimmickery...

It needs a shift in attitudes, education, system, and policy. And this won't happen soon in a society like ours. It is a sad state, but something all of us, here should try and correct in some small way at least.

This permeates into every aspect of our lives and work.

nRiTeCh

Veteran
Mar 24, 2005
51nD m3!
www.techenclave.com
In India you can fool anyone, even a high tech literate by selling 1000MP for a sub 20k and he will feel so proudy and out of the world as if he got some NASA telescope in his hand or a James bond gadget. And then showcase his canvas on platform tiktok and insta albeit using filters and crap to win over similar level of idiotic sweethearts and followers.
Thus Samsung or any brand takes this stupidity of Indians into consideration and dump their shit here which we either call a premium vfm or even premium.
And this isnt gonna change for at least 100 more years to come...