i7 2600K Capable of above 54X/5400Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebanik

Skilled
Intel i7 2600K, its a binned chip which can do above 54X, havent used the chip for more than 5 minutes which was just to check for the multiplier.

Invoice Available : Yes, Dated 13th July, 2011

Price : Rs. 15500 shipped.

Here is a quote from one of my earlier threads explaining what I am selling here

With Sandybridge, 2500K/2600K, there are max clock limit to every chip. Pushing more volts or cooling does not help even a single Mhz if you reach those max clocks of the chip. Max clocks can be anywhere between, 4800Mhz to 6000Mhz. What I am selling here is a CPU, with adequate cooling, you can get above 5400Mhz but below 5500Mhz. Since I have just done a multi test and not clock test.

All that I have written above is true for earlier generation of CPU's too like the C2D, Nehalem, Bloomfield, but that limit used to reach only on LN2 so it mattered only to a few of us, difference now with SB is that those limit can be reached by even Water or Top end Air cooling.

Also earlier there used to be good batches etc. which would have fairly guaranteed you a good overclocking chip but with Sandybridge there have been no known pattern to find a good chip, only way is to manually test individual chip.

index.php

index.php

thebanik said:
As replied on PM, the thread/CPU is not for people looking for cheap and used 2600K, :D

my mistake..i should have checked out your threads on OC :) price is fair AFAIS

grandfromage said:
what cooling and voltages did you use for binning this chip?

Venomous X, and 1.575V. Thats my standard voltage to get to know the multiplier. It doesnt even mean anything for the end user, since its very much possible that it cannot even boot to windows with that voltage.(ofcourse its also very much possible that its even prime stable at those volts).

1. 1.575V is too much for a SB chip :O. wouldn't this extreme voltage damage the chip? how can the buyer know that the chip isnt permanently damaged/ life shortened to a few months?

It doesnt even mean anything for the end user, since its very much possible that it cannot even boot to windows with that voltage.(ofcourse its also very much possible that its even prime stable at those volts

then how are you sure it can do 54x? :huh:

grandfromage said:
1. 1.575V is too much for a SB chip :O. wouldn't this extreme voltage damage the chip? how can the buyer know that the chip isnt permanently damaged/ life shortened to a few months?

then how are you sure it can do 54x? :huh:

1) No it doesnt reduce the life of SB. Intel chips are designed to be run for more than even 8-10 Years. It wont reduce to months, just by running 1.57v for a few minutes.

2) There are ways to determine the max multiplier, without booting into windows(which is sort of out of scope for this thread). Hence the term binning., :D

Even you know it: You should be putting up a screenshot of the desktop with CPU-Z with processor/motherboard tab opened and with some benchmarking on the side.

Give it a shot. Cheers.

The Sorcerer said:
Even you know it: You should be putting up a screenshot of the desktop with CPU-Z with processor/motherboard tab opened and with some benchmarking on the side.

Give it a shot. Cheers.

Is there a rule stating that I need to put up a CPUz screenshot??? But basically, CPU has not been used to boot into windows, and hence no screenshot. I have used 50 2600K, if I put up a CPUz ss of any other/better chip, can any1 point it out??? Its all based on trust, so I will like to keep it that way.

All that said, I do not mind posting a CPUz ss, if there is some1 really interested. Till then the CPU is in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back