Intervention

madnav

Skilled
Alright, GT section is worsening the tech quality of TE for many of us members. I just looked into my recent posts and it appeared to me that I have not post anywhere else for a long time...:ashamed:

even the atrix review is undue :ashamed:

So this is an intervention to all you similar peeps...let us keep this place more tech and less general...

This is my last post in GT (except GT subsections) for until the next weekend...(rehabilitation :ashamed:)

@thetoxicmind:

what i meant was that many members are diverting from tech to GT..making their post quality low in tech.

I for one, can't find a single useful post of mine in past 200 posts at least. The gossip is diverting my interest from tech...GT is not the culprit here; I am. So I quit GT.

PS: No more explanations since I admit I'm the Addict.

Same here...

Plus I have noticed that I get into a lot more battles with members in GT than in any other section...

I guess I need Rehab as well... :ashamed:

madnav said:
GT section is worsening the tech quality of TE for many of us members.

General Talk: All off topic tech posts, birthday wishes goes in here. You can discuss anything and everything under the sun as long its legal.

GT is basically a place to unwind and talk about everything else apart from Technology. A hangout spot if I may. So every once in a while, after a member has read through/made posts in various tech sections, he/she looks for a break and wishes to have a lighter moment, either by posting something that's worth sharing or checking out what others have shared. We can't really limit the section, as that would defeat the purpose of the same.

Personally, I find the GT section entertaining and enlightening. Most members would agree with this.

How often one frequents GT is entirely up to the person. If a member finds the need and motivation to take part in the Tech Sections, he most certainly would.

Jointly cooperating to increase the level of discussions in the tech sections, will automatically draw a fair portion of members to take part, especially the new ones, thereby creating a good balance between work and play. ;)

In short: GT section does not worsen the tech quality of TE. :)

Lets keep this place as is - where anything (within limits) can be discussed. If its only tech talk everywhere, people will get an overdose and not like it :p

I am not going for any kind of rehab:p
I feel GT is good and entertaining. Just post where you have to instead of posting every thread.

@neha, i strongly recommand you for rehab, because your GT post are somewhat hot:D

I guess it is ones personal prerogative where they wish to post and how much. I never try to strike a balance as such. If something interests me -- "write away".

Back