Intervention

We could ban nehal :p. Half of the problem is resolved. (@ Nehal: Before you pour your heart out and write a 500 essay: Take it as a joke ;) )

Ban rite and unban techboi account. Once techboi starts posting, activity/pwnag3 session in the tech sections will rise.

Other than that, I think we need to rename the work in progress section, rename it to Member's contribution section and push it up back on the top. After that AOTM implementation can be pushed forward. I am not too sure if opening a Rig Gallery section would help- but this decision is more on the admin. We could have kept the ROTM as defunct but no point in shutting down the rig gallery section, especially it is a big hit.

I don't really see the point of having Buying help section and hardware zone separately. I see in the hardware zone when someone puts a really good point, people who usually hang out in the buying help section dont bother to move out their comfort zone and read it- and vice versa. Having too much sections pretty much makes people who be stuck/loyal with one section, hence flow of knowledge isn't the same as it used to be. Nobody likes to see a forum look like a directory.

Also, we have brand hooters/fanboys- especially for PSU/Motherboards:

"Better" Brands doesn't mean "Better quality". Every brands have ups and downs. Some "local" brands do end up with pretty okay if not decent OEMs (unfortunately making it hard to identify which is which at the same time) PSU. I've seen some series of those psu from "better brands" going down big time, especially when they pitch their product for "gaming purposes".

Regular advisors (and "advisors") should prevent making an impression that a particular brand is always the best. They of all people should know about this. Some people have said "Pick so-and-so brand eyes closed" or "Pick "so-and-so" brand anyday"- stop it. Its not helping. There was a time 2 particular brands are at its peak overall-service and reliability. Today its someone else but not necessarily it will stay that way. All the more reason for advisors to stop brand hooting.

Back