Looking to buy an inktank printer

JMak

Yeah.. I am at it ;)
Adept
Hi
I am looking to buy an inktank printer for home usage.
Why inktank coz people have advised the same, ans have said to stay away from the ones with cartridges as my usage is not that much at all.
Kids will need it for their school work and projects.
Not expecting too much usage but may be 20 pages a month...
Considering the covid scenario there is no point going out to the cafe to get the prints and all.

Any good model that's dependable and in which ink can last for long even without usage as well would be great

Pri yets which can print, scan and may be even copy along with wifi are fine.
Dunno about colored and monochrome, that's where you guys need to advise depend g upon cost and longevity etc.

Thanks

Last edited:
Bought this last Sep 2019 and has been working good. Regularly taken 25 to 30 prints on an average every month and still the inks have not gone half way down. Good printer for printing Project works for school/college. Does not have wifi as I did not require one. It is all in one copier, printer and scanner. The color reproduction is good but not outstanding. The photo prints are not good as the colors are not deep and looks washed out. Ink does not dry out like in the cartridge model.

The below one is the wifi model

Bought this last Sep 2019 and has been working good. Regularly taken 25 to 30 prints on an average every month and still the inks have not gone half way down. Good printer for printing Project works for school/college. Does not have wifi as I did not require one. It is all in one copier, printer and scanner. The color reproduction is good but not outstanding. The photo prints are not good as the colors are not deep and looks washed out. Ink does not dry out like in the cartridge model.

The below one is the wifi model

+1 for the Brother DCP-T510W. I have been using it for almost 3 years now. Had to refill only the yellow tank once.

Need for home usage friends !! may be below 10k or even around 6 or 7k ????

I don't think you will get an ink tank all in one printer with wifi below 10K. Maybe if you need only a printer with ink tank look for the below printers which I think will be within your budget

Friends :
For home usage is there any utility for having a all in one and wifi printer.
We have a single floor 3BHK Flat
The monthly prints will be around 25 pages and may be sometimes 50 in a month at the most.
I have a desktop , a laptop, three tabs and around 6 cellphones that are in use.
All the prints would be the p[ages uploaded at the school website ..

Lets discuss this over here so that others who are hunting for printers also benefit .
Do post your views and reviews regarding the printers that you are using at home or office.

Hi
I am looking to buy an inktank printer for home usage.
Why inktank coz people have advised the same, ans have said to stay away from the ones with cartridges as my usage is not that much at all.
Kids will need it for their school work and projects.
Not expecting too much usage but may be 20 pages a month...
Considering the covid scenario there is no point going out to the cafe to get the prints and all.

Any good model that's dependable and in which ink can last for long even without usage as well would be great

Pri yets which can print, scan and may be even copy along with wifi are fine.
Dunno about colored and monochrome, that's where you guys need to advise depend g upon cost and longevity etc.

Thanks
If OP does not need wifi enabled inktank printer then he can go with this:Epson Eco Tank L3101 All-in-One Ink Tank Printer (Black) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07NX52KFN/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_2vo.EbNNCGR47
If OP needs wifi enabled inktank printer then he can go with this:Epson EcoTank L3150 Wi-Fi All-in-One Ink Tank Printer (Black) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07JXYQK82/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_byo.EbF9G5BT5
PS: I and my sister are using this for their kids needs and it's excellent considering the price to performance ratio
Though I bought it a for few thousands less while my sister bought it for a thousand lesser than the current price.

If OP does not need wifi enabled inktank printer then he can go with this:Epson Eco Tank L3101 All-in-One Ink Tank Printer (Black) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07NX52KFN/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_2vo.EbNNCGR47
If OP needs wifi enabled inktank printer then he can go with this:Epson EcoTank L3150 Wi-Fi All-in-One Ink Tank Printer (Black) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07JXYQK82/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_byo.EbF9G5BT5
PS: I and my sister are using this for their kids needs and it's excellent considering the price to performance ratio
Though I bought it a for few thousands less while my sister bought it for a thousand lesser than the current price.
I recommended fairly inexpensive ones because OP was not looking to use it much and the estimated usage told by him doesn't look like will stay for longer or every month at least so spending too much might not make sense considering his usage

Last edited:
Guys please keep sharing your suggestions.
I have been advised by a valued friend to wait for a few days ans buy the printer from fk or Amazon during their sales.

They are expecting some sort of sale in July and August..

I am thinking of buying this one, read a bit and seemed to be solid, please correct me if i am wrong and direct me...

Canon G3012 Multi-function Wireless Color Printer

But kindly keep sharing your inputs, this will help the community in general

Waiting

Last edited:
I guess many would be in the same boat as yours. I am also looking at a similar use case.

I had a Multifunction Inkjet Printer (HP) and a Samsung ML-1610 (laser printer, 8-9 years old) but really low usage- they are still on their original cartridge & toner respectively ! But they are both end of life .. So need a VFM replacement ..

I guess many would be in the same boat as yours. I am also looking at a similar use case.

I had a Multifunction Inkjet Printer (HP) and a Samsung ML-1610 (laser printer, 8-9 years old) but really low usage- they are still on their original cartridge & toner respectively ! But they are both end of life .. So need a VFM replacement ..
checkout the option 3 i mentioned above

Cyberghost as well as all the other participants here have shared pretty good ones.

I feel the epson and canon single task inktank ones should be vfm..

On my part planning to buy canon 3012

Back