My Humble new PSU amongst the FSPs n Antecs n Silverstones of TE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklord

Skilled
I sold my Powersafe 600W[Was forced to sell it to the buyer :( ]
So it was time to get a new PSU.Dealer had this in stock so got it as i was bowled over by the build Quality...:eek:hyeah:

Below are some pics to give a better idea...

The Box -

Contents -

The PSU -

Connectors-

Some Salient Features-

1] 10 x SATA Power Connectors

2] 2 x PCIe Power Connectors

3] 24Pin ATX Power Cord, 4Pin +12V , 8 Pin EPS, PCIe Power Cords, Molex VGA Power Cord are all sleeved in a thick plastic like sleeving.

4] A SATA-Molex connector provided in the packaging can be used to convert SATA power connectors to normal Molex Connectors.

One of the weidest things i observed is that when i was using my Powersafe, the 8800 GTS was working at 77-78C
After changing to this one, it has reduced to 71-72C idle.
I havent applied AS5 yet but that doesnt matter....;)

Personally,i am quite happy with the initial impressions.Deeper testing will reveal how good it really is...:p

10 sata connectors?? ommg... my future psu!!!!! :bleh:

how u got it for again?? :bleh:

good buy bro :D... keep it up!!..nice one

^^ Best part, you can convert 4 of the SATA connectors to Molex Connectors.

So either you get 10 + 3 [SATA + Molex] or else [ 6 + 7] [SATA + Molex]

congrats...

Its a Quad Rail PSU with a rating of max 20A on each, but the combined power output is still 432W. A Neo HE 500 can take a load of 456W across 3 Rails, but max rail rating is 17A. but its a good 2k cheaper too. Any perticularly strong reason for prefering this PSU? Is it because of the better peak rating of the rails?

lord_nemesis said:
congrats...

Its a Quad Rail PSU with a rating of max 20A on each, but the combined power output is still 432W. A Neo HE 500 can take a load of 456W across 3 Rails, but max rail rating is 17A. but its a good 2k cheaper too. Any perticularly strong reason for prefering this PSU? Is it because of the better peak rating of the rails?

I was also confused by the ratings, maybe its underrated.WHo knows...

But the overall build quality and all is brilliant...so fell for it...heheh

I just hope that you dont face a bottle neck. Based on our 'many many' conversations regarding the same, I believe that if it is a server PSU, then it will do fine. BUT the wattage (even if it is very efficient) is just not enough for future compatibility. And the resale value will suffer also.

But non the less, damn cool purchase.

Darky, your sig says 8800GTS 640MB and your rig gallery say 8800GTX 768MB..which one do you have?? :S Both of 'em? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back