My Humble new PSU amongst the FSPs n Antecs n Silverstones of TE

Status
Not open for further replies.
samrulez said:
Darky, your sig says 8800GTS 640MB and your rig gallery say 8800GTX 768MB..which one do you have?? :S Both of 'em? :p
Actually his Sig was not as per TE Signature Rules as it was oversize... So he had to cut a few MB's :p

Bad joke i know :p

8k...damn, anyway does tagan make low end psu's, like in the region of 400w?

edit: checked on site -they do , and with similar features like the high end ones~!

I am deeply humbled.... ;)

Nice PSU... Hope it has some LED fans...ur Zebby was better looking that way... :)

I hated the LEDs the most in my Powersafe.....

I am sooo relieved this thing doesnt have anything like that....

Darklord said:
I hated the LEDs the most in my Powersafe.....

Yeah, bright leds are a pain indeed. When I had the zebby 640W, the whole room used to get lit up with blue light at night.

lord_nemesis said:
Yeah, bright leds are a pain indeed. When I had the zebby 640W, the whole room used to get lit up with blue light at night.

isnt that a lil exaggerated ??? the leds are not that bright either ..i am using the same psu and my cabby is right next to my bed but it is not lighting up my whole room. :bleh:

i know u love the NEO HE ...but criticising a decent product is not done and for the wrong reasons :no:

or maybe i hv grown old and my eyesight has become weak or something :rofl:

mohit said:
isnt that a lil exaggerated ??? the leds are not that bright either ..i am using the same psu and my cabby is right next to my bed but it is not lighting up my whole room. :bleh:

i know u love the NEO HE ...but criticising a decent product is not done and for the wrong reasons :no:

or maybe i hv grown old and my eyesight has become weak or something :rofl:

Not exaggerated at all. The blue light comming from the zebby 640W was almost as strong as a night bulb (zero watt bulb). Personally I do not get sleep if there are any lights around and I had to change the position of my bed and the cabby as well to make the light as minimum as possible the whole time I had that PSU.

I am not criticising the PSU, but just agreeing to darklord's point that bright leds are an inconvinience (for people like me). :) For that matter I remember some member asking how to get rid off the led in his copperhead because its too bright in the night.

lol zebby 640w didn't even light up my SLB fully:p

btw, Nice Buy Darky(as usual, am tired of congratulating you:p) :D

samrulez said:
Darky, your sig says 8800GTS 640MB and your rig gallery say 8800GTX 768MB..which one do you have?? :S Both of 'em? :p

Well earlier i got GTX but then i realised as i dont game much,GTX would be a waste,hence exchanged it for a GTS from my dealer....simple ;)

Well earlier i got GTX but then i realised as i dont game much,GTX would be a waste,hence exchanged it for a GTS from my dealer....simple

So may be,u can post a review of that as well very soon :)

Darklord said:
Well earlier i got GTX but then i realised as i dont game much,GTX would be a waste,hence exchanged it for a GTS from my dealer....simple ;)

thank me ...i made u realize that :bleh:

Good work, Mo!! This b**ch wont listen and will abuse da Power of Purchase as he has done all most all da time & again.

Darklord said:
WOW...Darky got a 640MB 8800GTS coz he doesnt game much :rofl:

This tagan appears like its a Topower OEM PSU from those connectors. The 1100W Tagan Turbojet which is also in the same series and was made by Topower had horrid reviews that its overrated and it burnt out at 850W load. I hope its not the case with the 500W or else its a really bad buy. Whatever the case, 8K for a 500W PSU seems way too much IMHO. 10K will get you the OCZ 700W GX psu from memoryc. Its all my personal opinion though.

Edit: Here's the review btw of the 1100W.
Tagan TurboJet TG1100-U95 1,100 W Power Supply | Hardware Secrets

Frankly, I never judge a psu by aesthetics... if aesthetics were everything then ultra x-connect would be the best psu in the world :rofl:

Darklord said:
WOW...Darky bhai got a 640MB 8800GTS for his 19" monitor coz he doesnt game much :rofl:

Edit: You gonna change the monitor kya?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back